Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
While global wine production has fallen to historic lows, barrels in Israel’s wineries are overflowing with a blessed harvest that fulfills prophecy in the most undeniable way.

The harvest was so bountiful, the vintners did not have enough barrels to hold the wine.

"And threshing floors shall be piled with grain,
And vats shall overflow with new wine and oil. "Joel 2:24

the wine harvest was a source of honor to Israel.

“I will grant you the new grain, The new wine, and the new oil, and you shall have them in abundance. Nevermore will I let you be a mockery among the nations.” Joel 2:19

This season’s amazing harvest in Israel comes in a year when wine-producing countries around the world are experiencing major shortages...heatwaves across Europe led to small harvests in the main producing countries. Wine production has dropped to levels rarely seen in the past half-century.

Read more here.

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi God has mixed messages for Israel. In the law God gave Israel laws of blessing and cursing and one of the curses which is for breaking the law is drought. Israel in indeed in a drought and a severe one that has lasted 5 years.

You have totally missed the context of Joel chapter 2 as it is a promise of what God will do in Israel after the great day of the LORD. There is a huge war being fought all around the prophecy you quoted and the time of new oil and wine and rains is after the nation goes through this great day. Look at Isaiah 61 and read what the LORD does in the day of vengeance of our God which is speaking of Jesus mission after the acceptable day of the LORD. Look also at Luke 1 Zacharia's prophecy about Jesus delivering Israel from their enemies and from that point on they will worship and serve the LORD in safety all the days of their life. Zech 14 shows the day of Joel 2 and the day they are delivered and the day of vengeance of God and the transition to when Jesus is king over all the earth is accomplished. 1st see it in the context of Joel 2 then in the context of the rest of scripture.

Israel drought: minister rallies thousands to pray for relief

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Hi God has mixed messages for Israel. In the law God gave Israel laws of blessing and cursing and one of the curses which is for breaking the law is drought. Israel in indeed in a drought and a severe one that has lasted 5 years.

You have totally missed the context of Joel chapter 2 as it is a promise of what God will do in Israel after the great day of the LORD. There is a huge war being fought all around the prophecy you quoted and the time of new oil and wine and rains is after the nation goes through this great day. Look at Isaiah 61 and read what the LORD does in the day of vengeance of our God which is speaking of Jesus mission after the acceptable day of the LORD. Look also at Luke 1 Zacharia's prophecy about Jesus delivering Israel from their enemies and from that point on they will worship and serve the LORD in safety all the days of their life. Zech 14 shows the day of Joel 2 and the day they are delivered and the day of vengeance of God and the transition to when Jesus is king over all the earth is accomplished. 1st see it in the context of Joel 2 then in the context of the rest of scripture.

Israel drought: minister rallies thousands to pray for relief
God's voice is like many waters, with depths that do not receive justice in the linear presentation of the written word. Following the multidimensional vision of the prophets in speaking what they saw and wrote, it falls flat in explaining what they saw and heard. Only by the Holy Spirit do you see the life of the words of God. Lulav didn't miss the context.

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God's voice is like many waters, with depths that do not receive justice in the linear presentation of the written word. Following the multidimensional vision of the prophets in speaking what they saw and wrote, it falls flat in explaining what they saw and heard. Only by the Holy Spirit do you see the life of the words of God. Lulav didn't miss the context.
if you in agreement then you too have missed the context.
The law says drought is part of the law of cursing in both Leviticus and Deuteronomy. The passage in Joel 2 follows Joel 1 where the land has already been devoured by 3 types of locust but in Joel 2 the land is like the garden of Eden. This is a future time and the LORD makes clear that after this deliverance in the day of the LORD that Israel will no longer be a reproach.
The LORD will answer and say to His people,
“Behold, I will send you grain and new wine and oil,
And you will be satisfied by them;
I will no longer make you a reproach among the nations.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Joe 2:20

“But I will remove far from you the northern army,
And will drive him away into a barren and desolate land,
With his face toward the eastern sea
And his back toward the western sea;
His stench will come up,
And his foul odor will rise,
Because he has done monstrous things.”

Israel today is a reproach to most of the world and certainly all the nations on the border who want to destroy it. The context is clear in this chapter the wine harvest is cool but it is certainly not the fulfilment of Joel 2. Read it think it over and see how many contingencies are related to the day of the LORD. Read the list of chapters I earlier suggested and try to connect the ideas as a literal future path.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I hope that someday Israel's produce levels can return to what it was like in Jesus' day, before its climate changed. But now the climate is changing once again in the world. I'm not sure how this will effect Israel. There are some northern countries like Russia, that will actually be better off due to climate change. But my understanding is that Israel's geography and climate is like southern California, which means it will undergo further desertification, going from bad to worse. I have a sneaky feeling that the good ol' days of milk and honey won't return until Messiah comes again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I hope that someday Israel's produce levels can return to what it was like in Jesus' day, before its climate changed. But now the climate is changing once again in the world. I'm not sure how this will effect Israel. There are some northern countries like Russia, that will actually be better off due to climate change. But my understanding is that Israel's geography and climate is like southern California, which means it will undergo further desertification, going from bad to worse. I have a sneaky feeling that the good ol' days of milk and honey won't return until Messiah comes again.

In July 2016, when I was last in Jerusalem, it was about 36c most of the week. I saw a comment in JPost the other day, saying that Israel's weather is getting hotter than normal. The climate is changing across the whole year.

Upvote 0