owly

Sep 7, 2015
✟18,028.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
James,

Would it be correct that those in the Dispensational camp (or certain D types) hold that the "new covenant" mentioned in Jer. and quoted in Hebrews by the writer is not the covenant that Christ ratified and effected -with people- in his own blood? as prophet, mediating priest and king?

If not, then in your eyes what covenant (you find the word use throughout those chapters of Hebrews 7,8,9 etc) is the writer persuading his audience to keep their eyes on/hold to/trust in, rather than turn away to Moses.?

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This was already fulfilled at that time. Note the use of the past perfect tense:

From Young's Literal Translation (YLT):

"10 and I have appointed a place for My people, for Israel, and have planted it, and it hath tabernacled in its place, and it is not troubled any more, and the sons of perverseness do not add to afflict it any more, as in the beginning,
11 even from the day that I appointed judges over My people Israel; and I have given rest to thee from all thine enemies, and Jehovah hath declared to thee that Jehovah doth make for thee a house."

Description of YLT:

The Bible text designated YLT is from the 1898 Young's Literal Translation by Robert Young who also compiled Young's Analytical Concordance. This is an extremely literal translation that attempts to preserve the tense and word usage as found in the original Greek and Hebrew writings.

"Extremely literal" should be particularly dispensationally appealing.

What you fail to realize is that many prophecies speak of the future as if it were already past. A typical example is the prophecy of Isaiah 9:6, which all realize was about our Lord Jesus, although it was written more then seven hundred years before He came. So we read, in the YLT, which you quoted:

"For a Child hath been born to us, A Son hath been given to us, And the princely power is on his shoulder, And He doth call his name Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Father of Eternity, Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
James,

Would it be correct that those in the Dispensational camp (or certain D types) hold that the "new covenant" mentioned in Jer. and quoted in Hebrews by the writer is not the covenant that Christ ratified and effected -with people- in his own blood? as prophet, mediating priest and king?

If not, then in your eyes what covenant (you find the word use throughout those chapters of Hebrews 7,8,9 etc) is the writer persuading his audience to keep their eyes on/hold to/trust in, rather than turn away to Moses.?

I cannot accept responsibility for what "some" allegedly teach.

But there can be no doubt that the new covenant of Jeremiah 31 is based on the blood of Jesus. So whether or not it is, in every detail, the same covenant as the one we now enjoy, is really moot. The fact is that the individuals of the restored Israel will be eternally saved in exactly the same way that we are eternally saved today. That is, bu a true and living faith in Jesus as Lord.

But the covenant stated in Jeremiah 31 is extended to a family, not to individuals. That is, the exact wording of Jeremiah 31 is a promise to ALL of those alive at that time. And there can be zero question that there has never yet been time when ALL the house of Israel and the house of Judah will so know the Lord that:

"No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more." Jeremiah 31:34

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I cannot accept responsibility for what "some" allegedly teach.

But there can be no doubt that the new covenant of Jeremiah 31 is based on the blood of Jesus. So whether or not it is, in every detail, the same covenant as the one we now enjoy, is really moot. The fact is that the individuals of the restored Israel will be eternally saved in exactly the same way that we are eternally saved today. That is, bu a true and living faith in Jesus as Lord.

But the covenant stated in Jeremiah 31 is extended to a family, not to individuals. That is, the exact wording of Jeremiah 31 is a promise to ALL of those alive at that time. And there can be zero question that there has never yet been time when ALL the house of Israel and the house of Judah will so know the Lord that:

"No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more." Jeremiah 31:34

You are attempting to downplay the New Covenant promised in Jeremiah 31:31-34.

Why do Dispensationalists attempt to ignore the New Covenant? Because the New Covenant was promised to Israel and Judah. It is found fulfilled in Hebrews 8:6-13 and is found specifically applied to the Church in Hebrews 12:18-24. If Dispensationalists ever admit this fact, their distinction between Israel and the Church disappears. If there is no distinction between Israel and the Church, then their system collapses.

Heb 12:23  to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect, 

Heb 12:24  to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

Dispensationalists attempt to pretend that the Church is a "Gentile Church". However, when it began it was made up mainly of Israelites.

The New Covenant was promised to Israel and Judah.
Lets look at how Peter addressed the crowd on the Day of Pentecost.

Act 2:14  But Peter, standing up with the eleven, raised his voice and said to them, "Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and heed my words.

Act 2:22  "Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know— 

Act 2:36  "Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ." 

In the passage above Peter addressed the crowd as "men of Judea", then as "men of Israel" and also as "all the house of Israel".
On the Day of Pentecost about 3,000 Israelites accepted the New Covenant promised in Jeremiah chapter 31.

If the New Covenant was made with Israel on the Day of Pentecost, as revealed above, then the claim that the Church and Israel are distinct and never the same, evaporates.

This is why Dispensationalists try to ignore the New Covenant.

There is also a connection between the New Covenant promised in Jeremiah 31:31 and the "covenant with the many" in Daniel 9:27 and the "covenant with the many" in Matthew 26:28. They are all the same covenant, which is the New Covenant. This is found in the 1599 Geneva Bible, which is the Bible the Pilgrims brought to America. This eliminates the Dispensationalist's "treaty broken by the antichrist" in Daniel 9:27.

"new covenant"

Jer_31:31  "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah—

Mat_26:28  For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mar_14:24  And He said to them, "This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many.

Luk_22:20  Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.

1Co_11:25  In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."

2Co_3:6  who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Heb_8:8  Because finding fault with them, He says: "BEHOLD, THE DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH—

Heb_8:13  In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Heb_9:15  And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

Heb_12:24  to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

................................................................................

The text above is found repeated in Hebrews chapter 8 and is now in effect, based on Hebrews 8:6.
Its explanation is found in the verse below, spoken by Christ.

Joh 14:26  But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

Those in the New Covenant have their own internal teacher, which is the Holy Spirit.
This is why they do not have to rely on other teachers.

There is also a link between the words "sin" and "iniquity" in Jeremiah 31:34 and Daniel 9:24.

Dan 9:24  "Seventy weeks are determined For your people and for your holy city, To finish the transgression, To make an end of sins, To make reconciliation for iniquity, To bring in everlasting righteousness, To seal up vision and prophecy, And to anoint the Most Holy. 

Christ revealed at the Last Supper that He would bring in this New Covenant with His Blood, as found in Matthew 26:28. It is also confirmed in Hebrews 12:22-24.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

owly

Sep 7, 2015
✟18,028.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks James,

Just trying to nail down your position on those questions.

But there can be no doubt that the new covenant of Jeremiah 31 is based on the blood of Jesus. So whether or not it is, in every detail, the same covenant as the one we now enjoy, is really moot.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What you fail to realize is that many prophecies speak of the future as if it were already past. A typical example is the prophecy of Isaiah 9:6, which all realize was about our Lord Jesus, although it was written more then seven hundred years before He came. So we read, in the YLT, which you quoted:

"For a Child hath been born to us, A Son hath been given to us, And the princely power is on his shoulder, And He doth call his name Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Father of Eternity, Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6

You are correct; ancient Hebrew has no future tense. Thanks for pointing that out.

Reactions: Biblewriter
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If there is no distinction between Israel and the Church, then their system collapses.

Heb 12:23  to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect, 

Heb 12:24  to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

Dispensationalists attempt to pretend that the Church is a "Gentile Church". However, when it began it was made up mainly of Israelites.

Act 2:14  But Peter, standing up with the eleven, raised his voice and said to them, "Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and heed my words.

Act 2:22  "Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know— 

Act 2:36  "Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ." 

In the passage above Peter addressed the crowd as "men of Judea", then as "men of Israel" and also as "all the house of Israel".

Hi BABerean,

This looks like where we should be discussing this topic.

1. Now in Hebrews 12 we read of the General Assembly & who is there -

- the Body of Christ, (the Church of the First-born who are registered in heaven)
- God the judge of all,
- the spirits of just men made perfect...(so here is another group. They are the Heb. 11 people)

2. Peter`s preaching was to the house of Israel. He preached concerning Christ as `Lord & Christ.`(Acts 2: 36) Israel could have repented as a nation but they didn`t & finally we read in Acts 28 : 17 - 28, that the leaders turned away from the Holy Spirit & thus as a nation they became` blind.`

The Apostle Peter did not know the revelation of the Body of Christ. God was still dealing with Israel as a nation & giving them an opportunity to repent & receive Christ as their Lord and Messiah. Of course God knew that they wouldn`t, but God always extends His hand to show that not only is He willing to forgive but also that Israel chose to turn away. He will open their eyes when he returns & thus as a nation they will still fulfil the purpose that God has for them.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You are attempting to downplay the New Covenant promised in Jeremiah 31:31-34.

Why do Dispensationalists attempt to ignore the New Covenant? Because the New Covenant was promised to Israel and Judah. It is found fulfilled in Hebrews 8:6-13 and is found specifically applied to the Church in Hebrews 12:18-24. If Dispensationalists ever admit this fact, their distinction between Israel and the Church disappears. If there is no distinction between Israel and the Church, then their system collapses.

On the Day of Pentecost about 3,000 Israelites accepted the New Covenant promised in Jeremiah chapter 31.

If the New Covenant was made with Israel on the Day of Pentecost, as revealed above, then the claim that the Church and Israel are distinct and never the same, evaporates.

This is why Dispensationalists try to ignore the New Covenant.

There is also a connection between the New Covenant promised in Jeremiah 31:31 and the "covenant with the many" in Daniel 9:27 and the "covenant with the many" in Matthew 26:28. They are all the same covenant, which is the New Covenant. This is found in the 1599 Geneva Bible, which is the Bible the Pilgrims brought to America. This eliminates the Dispensationalist's "treaty broken by the antichrist" in Daniel 9:27.

"new covenant"

Jer_31:31  "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah—

Mat_26:28  For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mar_14:24  And He said to them, "This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many.

Luk_22:20  Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.

1Co_11:25  In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."

2Co_3:6  who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Heb_8:8  Because finding fault with them, He says: "BEHOLD, THE DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH—

Heb_8:13  In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Heb_9:15  And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

Heb_12:24  to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

................................................................................

The text above is found repeated in Hebrews chapter 8 and is now in effect, based on Hebrews 8:6.
Its explanation is found in the verse below, spoken by Christ.

Joh 14:26  But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

Those in the New Covenant have their own internal teacher, which is the Holy Spirit.
This is why they do not have to rely on other teachers.

There is also a link between the words "sin" and "iniquity" in Jeremiah 31:34 and Daniel 9:24.

Dan 9:24  "Seventy weeks are determined For your people and for your holy city, To finish the transgression, To make an end of sins, To make reconciliation for iniquity, To bring in everlasting righteousness, To seal up vision and prophecy, And to anoint the Most Holy. 

Christ revealed at the Last Supper that He would bring in this New Covenant with His Blood, as found in Matthew 26:28. It is also confirmed in Hebrews 12:22-24.

baberean2,

1. Dispensationalists do not downplay the New Covenant in Jeremiah 31:34. The NC did happen at Calvary.
It just didn't happen for the nation of Israel as seen in their rejection and their demise in 70 A.D. Jeremiah's context was made to Israel to receive the KoH reign at the head of the nations Isaiah 2:2-4, 9:6-7.
Unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given, and the government shall be upon his shoulders. That didn't happen before the Cross but will when he takes the kingdoms of this world on the Day of the Lord Revelation 11:15.

2. Dispensationalists don't not think there are only Gentiles in the body of Christ.
The ones who do are the minority extremists and they are wrong.

3. All your scriptures to prove God is done with Israel according to their gifts and calling are proved wrong by the scriptures that state Israel and Judah will be united as one stick and never be separated and David will be their King over all Israel. This proves they will be ruling from Jerusalem for the law will go out from there. Christ will be over all the earth including Jerusalem with the Jewish saints.
What do think they are going to do? Twiddle their fingers?

4. The church is never referred to as Israel or Judah who are backslidden and have to be brought back as one stick united forever.
You need to quit being untruthful about dispensationalists and more than that, the Word of God.
You can't prove me wrong though you try by spinning and bad logic and wrong hermeneutics.
Try to disprove what I have just showed you according to scriptural fact. Jerry kelso

• Agree
Reactions: Marilyn C
Upvote 0

Honoluluwindow

Sep 2, 2016
Hawaii
✟17,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
NECESSITY FOR THE DISPERSION OF ISRAEL Ezekiel 37
Vs 17: the sins of Israel caused the dispersion (1) internal corruption (2) sinful ways
Murder and idolatry.
Vs 18: this created the wrath of God. Murder led to innocent blood poured out on the land and idolatry polluted the land.
Vs 19: caused their removal from the land. Jehovah judged them according to the Land Covenant in Deut 29-30 - dispersion.

NECESSITY FOR THE REGATHERING OF ISRAEL
Vs 20: God's name was profaned how: the gentile reaction. Gentiles misinterpreted the dispersion as God's weakness to save and protect His own people.
Vs 21: God can only tolerate this Gentile misinterpretation for so long.

PROCESS OF THE SANCTIFICATION OF GOD'S HOLY NAME
Vs 22: the divine basis for Israel's redemption is to sanctification of God's name and not because Israel deserves to be redeemed.
Vs 23: God will sanctify His great name.

SPECIFIC STEPS (5) OF ISRAEL'S SANCTIFICATION 24-28
Vs 24: (1) this verse is the regathering BEFORE the REGENERATION in the next 4 verses - the regathering in unbelief in preparation for the judgement of the Tribulation that brings Israel to the point of repentance that leads to the other 4 steps.

Vs 25: (2) the purification of Israel. Water a symbol for cleansing Ex 30:17, Lev 14:5 Num 19:17, Heb 9:13 and purification Ps 51:7 Heb 10:52
Used specifically as cleansing Israel in Is 4:4, Zac 13:1 it's going to be the outpouring of the Holy Spirit that will bring about the cleansing of the inward corruption and exterior sins of Israel.

Vs 26: the 2 means of purification of verse 25: the first means of verse 25 is: a new heart given: Hebrew concept of the heart used symbolically; in Hebrew means mind emotions and will is given. A new spirit (regenerated human spirit) meaning new desires given. A heart of flesh: Old Testament name for being born again.

Vs 27: the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. First was the regeneration of the human spirit now is the indwelling of the Holy Spirit which enables them to keep the righteous standard of God Jer 31:33, Ez 11:19, 37:14 Joel 2:28

Vs 28: the final dwelling in the land coming after the regeneration this is the second regathering following Israel's regeneration to dwell in the land permanently.

ISRAELS CONDITION IN THE LAND
Vs 29: (1) state is one of being purified a continuing cleansing of Israel's sins. Because throughout the kingdom New Jews are born eventually coming to faith.
Vs 29b - 30: land is productive
Vs 30b - 31: no more reproach is recognized by gentile nations (famine removed) and Israel remembers their history of iniquities (internal corruption) and abominations (external corruption). The kind of remorse that produces a continuous turning away from past sins.

THE RESTORATION OF THE LAND AND ITS BLESSINGS

Vs 32: let it forever ever be known that God will do in His intervention will be for His own name not for Israel because she deserves it.
Vs 33: the rebuilding is at the time of Israel's national spiritual regeneration not 1948.
Vs 34: removal of desolation. Tilling of the land.
Vs 35: the tilling produces a different reaction from the Gentiles, they see it as like the garden of eden.
Vs 36: vindication of God's name.

ISRAEL IS THE FLOCK OF GOD
Vs 37: population explosion "Son Adam" Hebrew "sheep man"
Vs 38: as the flock for sacrifice in other words as during special times of sacrifice the land filled with sheep there will be an abundance of Jews in the land.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Honoluluwindow

Sep 2, 2016
Hawaii
✟17,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
THE DRY BONES VISION 1-10
Vs 1: the prophecy, hand of Jehovah was upon me: the prophetic transport, the mark and the sign of a prophetic vision. A state of prophetic ecstasy. Ezekiel is transported in vision to the valley of chapter 3:22 where Ezekiel saw the vision of the Shekinah Glory. This time he sees something he did not see then, he sees the valley loaded with bones. Ezekiel is not dealing with the resurrection of OT saints because (1) dispersion (2) represents whole house not just righteous (3) bones speak to each other (4) pictured as dried and dead among the Gentiles pictured as spiritually dead (5) these are resurrected in stages not instantaneous 36:24-28 shows Israel's restoration comes in 5 stages (6) the resurrection here is both righteous and unrighteous together.

Vs 2: the state of the bones, Ezekiel makes careful survey: (1) numerous (2) bleached white and dry.

Vs 3: inquiry of God; Ezekiel to pass an opinion on whether the bones can live. On the basis of human experience the answer is no. Yet God can do all things.

Vs 4: God command to prophesy over the dry bones; hear the word of Jehovah.

Vs 5: Ezekiel given the declaration to the bones, the DIVINE PROMISE they will live. Vs 5 answers the question of verse 3.

Vs 6: the details - steps: (1) sinew (2) muscle (3) skin (4) breath of life: they will be spiritually alive as a nation and know God is Jehovah.
In this vision in symbolic form are THE TWO WORLDWIDE REGATHERINGS are blended together one in unbelief for judgement of the great tribulation followed by another in belief for blessings of the kingdom.

THE FULFILLMENT OF THE PROPHECY IN TWO STAGES
STAGE ONE
Vs 7: Ezekiel's obedience to the command. As he began to prophesy certain accompaniments, 2 things happened (1) a sound noise or voice, (2) a trembling or a shaking.
Vs 8:
1. Bone came together
2. Sinew connected
3. Muscle
4. Skin
So far this happens but Ezekiel noticed a problem.
While this happened they no longer appear as dry bones BUT THEY ARE still pictured DEAD bodies this symbolizes the regathering in UNBELIEF in preparation for judgement of the great tribulation. In light of MT24:7-8 the first sign of the end days nation vs nation kingdom vs kingdom: the noise WWI and WWII the earthquake. Both events significantly affected Israel (1) birth of Zionism (2) sympathies for Israel.
STAGE TWO
Vs 9: the slain represents Israel who had been slain as a nation. The breath of God comes to them.
Vs 10: now they are alive, an exceedingly great army. Same as 37:26-27. Same steps as in Gen 2:7 first the body created then breath of life, same here body first then spirit. Vs 7-8 lifeless body then 9-10 life. First the body of Israel gathered in unbelief for the Tribulation then the spiritual life of Israel for the Kingdom.

INTERPRETATION 11-14
Vs 11: why Israel became in the state of dry bones. These are symbolic bones representing the whole house of Israel. The dried up bones represents the dried up hope of Israel ...

• Agree
Upvote 0

Honoluluwindow

Sep 2, 2016
Hawaii
✟17,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
HITLER'S ROLE Ezekiel 20
Ezekiel now deals with the future. He has dealt with the past, the present and now here is israel future.
Vs 33: this is something that will happen in the future, and it's a regathering different from the regathering spoken of by some of the other prophets. There are 2 distinct regatherings of Israel one in wrath for judgement and one in blessing.
Throughout this segment there are similes with the exodus. Where wrath poured out by an outstretched arm was for gentiles, here it is going to be for Israel. The means by which Jesus will gain the throne will be by wrath and judgement.
Vs 34: Israel here (THE FIRST WORLDWIDE REGATHERING)is being regathered in unbelief and with wrath. In particular this is the wrath of the Nazi holocaust.

Vs 35: the place of the SECOND WORLDWIDE REGATHERING must be determined by parallel passages. The wilderness here: the Wilderness Mt 24:15, Rev 12:6,13,14, Is 33:16, Micah 2:12, Bozrah, modern day Petra. This is the predetermined place in the wilderness chosen by God for the regathering.
Vs 36: The simile of the exodus, at Kaddesh Baranea there was a massive rebellion to which God judges the generation and there was a gradual purging of the people. God will do the same again in the future. Zachariah points out that 2/3 of the Jews will die at this time.
Vs 37: 1/3 will be brought into the bond of the covenant. Either the Land Covenant or referring to the New Covenant of Jer 31:31. More likely the New Covenant mentioned by Ezekiel in chapter 16.
Vs 38a: the purpose of judgement
Vs 38b: summary of purging

BECAUSE MANY BIBLE TEACHERS HAVE NOT SEEN THE FACT OF TWO WORLDWIDE REGATHERINGS SOME HAVE CALLED THE MODERN STATE OF ISRAEL IRRELEVANT
But there must first have to have been a Jewish state before the Tribulation begins.

Vs 40-44: describes the Kingdom of Messiah. Chapters 40-48 will elaborate on this.
The geography of the mountain of Israel will change into the highest on earth and all Jews will worship correctly.
Vs 41: Israel regathered in faith (1) will be regenerated (2) regathered (3) sanctified. The paragraph before they are regathered in unbelief but here it is in belief.
Vs 42: the present state of Israel will collapse.
Vs 43: repentance
Vs 44: the basis of the final restoration is guaranteed by the Name of God.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Honoluluwindow

Sep 2, 2016
Hawaii
✟17,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
THE INTERPRETATION OF THE VISION OF VERSES ONE THRU TEN Ezekiel 37:11-14

Vs 11: Israel's complaint- spells out why Israel has become like the dry bones. (These are not the literal bones of Old Testament saints but are symbolic of all Israel. Thus this passage is not speaking about individual OT saints in the resurrection, but these bones are symbolic speaking about the RESTORATION of Israel).

Dried up bones represent the dried up hope of Israel. Especially true of the Jews after the first and second world wars (represented by the noise and the earthquake in the vision) Because one of the things that resulted from these wars was the mass departure from Orthodox Judaism into modern liberal Judaism where the hope in the Messiah and the Messianic kingdom that was a very important part of Jewish faith dried up. The fact that the bones can communicate with each other while in the dry bone state shows that again that this represents national restoration.

Vs 12: because of vs 11, God to bring them alive physically into the land. Summary of the first stage of vs 7-8 Brought in unbelief in preparation for judgement.

Vs 13: they will know Jehovah. Timing - only after being returned to the land in unbelief. It's going to be the judgement of the Tribulation that teaches Israel who God is.

Vs 14: Israel placed in the land after the regeneration. After being indwelled by the Holy Spirit. This then is the second regathering of Israel into the land in belief for the blessings of the Messianic kingdom.

Summary of the vision

0. Israel to be brought to the land in state of unbelief.
0. Israel comes to recognize who God is thru the knowledge of who Jesus is, their Messiah.
0. Israel will then after recognizing who God is in recognition of Yeshua receive the Messianic Kingdom and national regeneration.

Reactions: jerry kelso
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Honoluluwindow

Sep 2, 2016
Hawaii
✟17,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:clap: Appreciated all that Honoluluwindow.

Marilyn.
Thanks for that. I'm working on a verse by verse commentary thru the Bible. Ezekiel is a monster of a book to get thru. I put all my notes on my bible app and my user name is In2joy. I've completed Isaiah, Jeremiah and Daniel and am moving on to the minor prophets as soon as I'm done with E. God is faithful to His name. We just need to be reminded often that even when we think we are doing well and think we have it all together that he is teaching us not do to our goodness but because of His complete faithfulness to His name and His love. Thanks for the encouraging words.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Peter`s preaching was to the house of Israel. He preached concerning Christ as `Lord & Christ.`(Acts 2: 36) Israel could have repented as a nation but they didn`t & finally we read in Acts 28 : 17 - 28, that the leaders turned away from the Holy Spirit & thus as a nation they became` blind.`

If you will read 1 Peter 2:4-10 you will see that Peter understood perfectly who had accepted the "chief cornerstone" and had been declared at "holy nation" and the people of God.

In Matthew chapter 21 Christ explained that the kingdom would be taken from those who rejected the "chief cornerstone".
It would be given to another. That other is found explained by Peter in 1 Peter 2:4-10.

That other is based on faith in Christ, rather than genealogy. This is confirmed by Matthew 3:9 and 1 Timothy 1:4.

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
If you will read 1 Peter 2:4-10 you will see that Peter understood perfectly who had accepted the "chief cornerstone" and had been declared at "holy nation" and the people of God.

In Matthew chapter 21 Christ explained that the kingdom would be taken from those who rejected the "chief cornerstone".
It would be given to another. That other is found explained by Peter in 1 Peter 2:4-10.

That other is based on faith in Christ, rather than genealogy. This is confirmed by Matthew 3:9 and 1 Timothy 1:4.

baberean2,

1. In context with the kingdom given to the church of Jews and Gentiles for this age was the propagation of the gospel of salvation for man's soul, not the rulership position at the head of the nations as in the case of the real Jewish believing individuals that will make up the true nation of Israel in the real land of Israel where the Law will go forth from the earthly Mt. Zion which is Jerusalem Isaiah 2:2-4; 9:6-7.
If you deny this you deny the true context of the word.
Faith in Christ is for salvation for f man's soul not genealogy so that is a mute argument.
You are wrong with your replacement theology. Jerry kelso

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
baberean2,

1. In context with the kingdom given to the church of Jews and Gentiles for this age was the propagation of the gospel of salvation for man's soul, not the rulership position at the head of the nations as in the case of the real Jewish believing individuals that will make up the true nation of Israel in the real land of Israel where the Law will go forth from the earthly Mt. Zion which is Jerusalem Isaiah 2:2-4; 9:6-7.
If you deny this you deny the true context of the word.
Faith in Christ is for salvation for f man's soul not genealogy so that is a mute argument.
You are wrong with your replacement theology. Jerry kelso

Replacement Theology is the doctrine promoted by modern Dispensational Theology's Two Peoples of God doctrine.

You have replaced...

1. The One Seed (Christ), with the many seeds in Galatians 3:16.

2. The children of the Promise, with the children of the Flesh in Romans 9:8.

3. The Son who is the "heir" and the "chief cornerstone" in Matthew chapter 21, with those who rejected Christ as the "chief cornerstone".

4. Christ as the fulfillment of Israel, with a group of people based on their genealogy.

5. Christ as the head of the nations, with a group of people based on their genealogy.

6. The heavenly Jerusalem in Hebrews 11:16, with an earthly Jerusalem.

As long as you continue to ignore Matthew 3:9 and 1 Timothy 1:4, you will never get it right.

Mat 3:9  and do not think to say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father.' For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones. 

1Ti 1:4  nor give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which cause disputes rather than godly edification which is in faith. 

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Replacement Theology is the doctrine promoted by modern Dispensational Theology's Two Peoples of God doctrine.

You have replaced...

1. The One Seed (Christ), with the many seeds in Galatians 3:16.

2. The children of the Promise, with the children of the Flesh in Romans 9:8.

3. The Son who is the "heir" and the "chief cornerstone" in Matthew chapter 21, with those who rejected Christ as the "chief cornerstone".

4. Christ as the fulfillment of Israel, with a group of people based on their genealogy.

5. Christ as the head of the nations, with a group of people based on their genealogy.

6. The heavenly Jerusalem in Hebrews 11:16, with an earthly Jerusalem.

As long as you continue to ignore Matthew 3:9 and 1 Timothy 1:4, you will never get it right.

Mat 3:9  and do not think to say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father.' For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones. 

1Ti 1:4  nor give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which cause disputes rather than godly edification which is in faith. 

As long as you refuse to admit that God meant everything He said in every part of the Bible, you will never get it right. And, as usual, you are accusing us of teaching things we simply do not teach and have never taught.

• Agree
Reactions: jerry kelso
Upvote 0