Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
So, I have experienced prophecy through friends who operate in that gift. It really boosted my faith. It is something I have desired to have for quite some time now. Is there someone here who could and would be willing to impart that gift to me? Just asking :)

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate

CharismaticLady

Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
So, I have experienced prophecy through friends who operate in that gift. It really boosted my faith. It is something I have desired to have for quite some time now. Is there someone here who could and would be willing to impart that gift to me? Just asking :)

Haven't you asked your friends?

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've trained and activated hundreds of people in the prophetic. I presume from some of your other posts you have been baptized in the Holy Spirit. That means you are already prophetic, you just need to be trained in how to do it. It is best if you can work with someone in person, but I've been teaching on this very thing the past 3 weeks at our church and I can PM you a link to the trainings if you like.

Upvote 0

Curtis.Hilliker

Now what.......
Apr 25, 2011
Tehachapi CA
✟39,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
I've trained and activated hundreds of people in the prophetic. I presume from some of your other posts you have been baptized in the Holy Spirit. That means you are already prophetic, you just need to be trained in how to do it. It is best if you can work with someone in person, but I've been teaching on this very thing the past 3 weeks at our church and I can PM you a link to the trainings if you like.

Sure thank you.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
What you need to do is to find a group that is involved in teaching and training believers in the prophetic by providing an environment where they can receive sound, Scriptural teaching, and the opportunity to workshop in small groups, in a supportive environment where one can make mistakes and learn from them.

I was involved in a ministry in Auckland and Hamilton NZ where they had prophetic days, weekends, and weekly equipping sessions. These were wonderful and fruitful times. They were run by solid teachers who had years of experience in the prophetic, and their teaching was solidly based in Scripture.

I took the trouble several years ago to visit my favourite Christian second hand book shop and bought up every book I could on the prophetic. I read through all the good, bad, and ugly to do with the prophetic from all the principal authors from the 1970s until the present day. I found this very enlightening and along with the teaching through the GFM ministry prophetic days, and the 1970s teaching of my old pastor who believed that a person had to be a person of prayer and of the Word to be able to function in the prophetic, I got a good view of what I saw was true or false in the different areas of the prophetic I read about and viewed on Youtube.

Learning to function in the prophetic is basically the same as learning a musical instrument. I learned the violin for a year and I got to a certain stage, but when I started playing in an orchestra, I couldn't keep up. It took me another whole year to just be able to keep up, and another three to be any way proficient. The point I am making here is that moving in the prophetic is not a sole activity. It works in a group of like-minded believers, in order to encourage, comfort and exhort them to strengthen their faith in Christ.

We need to be in the group, because the others need to judge the prophecy to ensure that it is consistent with God's Word. The problem with some big-name guys is that they give the impression that they are "God's anointed" and therefore above criticism by lesser mortals. This means that they can prophesy what they like and they are to high-minded about their standing with God to have their prophecies exposed to the judgment of others who search the Scriptures to see if the prophecy is genuine. This means that most of the prophecies that come from these "big" men are false and unverified and it would be dangerous and harmful to take them at face value because validating them through the written Scriptures.

I know of one godly preacher who received a spirit of divination through a self-style prophet who gave him a personal prophecy about that he will be famous and wealthy, and although he didn't accept it at first, he didn't renounce it. As a result he suffered intense back pain as the spirit of divinity attacked him in his physical body and three operations did not correct it. But when he found out that the prophecy was the cause, he renounced it, and the back pain immediately disappeared.

Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
. . . The most recent one was I had a dream about someone with a specific name, and saw there appearance, and in the dream I knew they weren't a Christian and that was about it. Then that day after I woke up I went online to look for Christian meetup groups in my area, and I saw that person from my dream, and they had the same name too. They were the leader of a group of people seeking mystical experiences from all different faiths. Basically, spiritual experiences were what they were after above all else. I didn't really know if it meant I should talk to them or not. I just took it as yet another vision of something to indicate to me that God knows everything. . .

It means you should pray, for God's best guidance to reach them in the way God wants for them, you don't need to talk to them yourself.

Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It might or might not, mean the sorts of things that have been mentioned. But the main meaning, as I see it, for St Paul, is that we develop inklings about which points from Scripture and doctrine can be applied generally in the church, to our sort of people, in the here and now. To the extent this is occasionally "personalised" (in front of mutual friends) it is because each member is a typical church member. In discussion with your fellows (if ordinary groups are allowed) before very long, all the members will be doing this while mutually discussing and praying.

E.g one can draw attention to the parables about fruitfulness in potentising the ministries of others in doing very much the same thing. (My hunch is, every church member is roughly oriented with about any three of the fivefold, at a very junior level of course - but we can pray for all the fivefold of course). A "word" is often for all or most of the people we meet, and might sound familiar to them, it's just that we can sometimes inadvertently help people see how fresh it is for them.

The difference with teaching (I think) is that a teacher takes specific responsibility towards the belief of certain people (like newcomers) and also develops a programme of explanation of teachings.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

This Thread Has Been Moved

231058_ae34cf80d551c8320b3af617454a6170.jpg

We are moving this thread to a section where it is a better fit.

This particular topic belongs in the Spiritual Gift's sub-forum, Sign Gifts. Please continue your discussion here.​

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

summerville

Feb 22, 2020
Atlanta
✟11,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

There are schools for prophets all over Atlanta.

Upvote 0