Visit site
✟831,104.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like a whole lot of cobblers to me. Such rubbish like that brings the Church and prophecy into disrepute. Good prophecy lets us know what God is intending to do, and it is positive and good. Prophesying disasters and spooky signs is more saying what the devil intends to do, but this is not godly prophecy. It is spooky spiritual prophecy and therefore from the person's own mind and not from The Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian

I wasn't hysterical until I read your note. Thanks.

I'm lucky I haven't had an operational TV since 2006. AND I don't live in Orange county.

And I wonder where you find this stuff? Are you spending time scouting these things out?

Is it bothering you, or are you worried about the end times Steve?

My concern will be for the last two months of the year. During that span of time, I certainly wouldn't need any emergency tribulation broadcasting exercises. I'd probably take a stroke.

If there's no apocalypse by the end of the year, then I'm out of bullets. The Suleiman 1535, and 1969 Knessett decrees and Revelation 12 sign will be lost in 7000 years of time. So I'll begin plans for the construction of a pole barn structure to store my collection of Dodge Trucks. :)

This sounds like a whole lot of cobblers.

"The phrase is often reduced to simply 'cobblers', which is now considered an acceptable vulgarism, as many may not be aware of its origin. 'Cobblers' sounds as though it might have been said by cheeky Victorian barrow boys in Dickens or similar. In fact, it isn't as old as it might sound and wasn't used until the mid 20th century. The earliest example that I've found in print, bearing in mind that it probably existed as street slang for some time before printed versions appeared, is from Philip Allingham's Cheapjack, his account of life amongst English market traders and fairground stall-holders, which was published in 1934:

"The Cobbler is even more simple. It is a ball game..‘cobbler’ is the slang for ball."

The first example of the full phrase 'a load of cobblers' that I can find is from the British popular music magazine Melody Maker, October 1968:

"Geno Washington says Grapefruit's recent attack on the Maryland Club, Glasgow, was 'a load of cobblers'. They are one of the best audiences in Britain, says Geno."

See also, other phrases that mean rubbish or nonsense:

'A load of cobblers' - the meaning and origin of this phrase

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If this Revelations 12 sign theory fizzles out, then there's going to be a lot of people feeling pretty silly afterwards.
Nah, they'll explain it away and move on to the next silly prediction. It never ends.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,104.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Nah, they'll explain it away and move on to the next silly prediction. It never ends.
As many groups have done over the centuries when their predictions didn't come true.

• Agree
Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0