Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It does seem strange to me that this is controversial on a Christian forum - but I've recently discovered that it is. I'd like for this to be an ongoing thread where posters can add to it prophecies that they recognize as fulfilled.

Go ahead......add away :)

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think all has been fulfilled except the things leading immediately up to the end. The distress in the heavens. That is, we are in the last half of Revelation 20 where Satan has been loosed and is attacking the church just before Christ's return.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
"Blessed be the Lord, the God of Shem; and let Canaan be his servant. May God enlarge Jepheth, and let him dwell in the tents of Shem, and let Canaan be his servant." - Genesis 9:26-27

"This mystery is that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel." - Ephesians 3:6

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It does seem strange to me that this is controversial on a Christian forum - but I've recently discovered that it is. I'd like for this to be an ongoing thread where posters can add to it prophecies that they recognize as fulfilled.

Luk 1:48 - For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

Upvote 0

_Dave_

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2019
Arizona
✟144,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It would be quite the undertaking to go through the Bible verse by verse and make note of the hundreds, if not thousands, of verses with prophecies that have been fulfilled. It's actually easier to talk about the ones that have yet to be fulfilled -- most notably the rapture and Christ's second coming.

The rapture is the next event on God's prophetic calendar, followed by everything that John saw as he was called up to heaven to get a ring-side seat to witness God's final plan for the earth, its people and Satan before the descent of the new heaven and the new earth.

However, as anybody knows who has spent five minutes on this forum, this is a very controversial topic and others strongly disagree. But, that's my take on it.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It would be quite the undertaking to go through the Bible verse by verse and make note of the hundreds, if not thousands, of verses with prophecies that have been fulfilled. It's actually easier to talk about the ones that have yet to be fulfilled -- most notably the rapture and Christ's second coming.

The rapture is the next event on God's prophetic calendar, followed by everything that John saw as he was called up to heaven to get a ring-side seat to witness God's final plan for the earth, its people and Satan before the descent of the new heaven and the new earth.

However, as anybody knows who has spent five minutes on this forum, this is a very controversial topic and others strongly disagree. But, that's my take on it.
Good post.......

Depends on what is meant by the "heaven and earth" signifies......

“For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.

The New Heavens and Earth | Study Archive @ PreteristArchive.com -

"Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens, and a new earth." II Peter 3:13

John Owen on the New Heavens and Earth

Josephus First, Book III, chap.6, section 4:
"Now the room within those pillars was the most holy place; but the rest of the room was the tabernacle, which was open for the priests. However, this proportion of the measures of the tabernacle proved to be an imitation of the system of the world; for that third part thereof which was within the four pillars, to which the priests were not admitted, is, as it were, a heaven peculiar to God." Of the veil at the holy of holies, he said, "This veil was very ornamental, and embroidered with all sorts of flowers which the earth produces; and there were interwoven into it all sorts of variety that might be an ornament, excepting the forms of animals"

Josephus War 5.1.4 19-20
The darts that were thrown by the engines [of the seditious factions] came with that force, that they went over all the buildings and the Temple itself, and fell upon the priests and those that were about the sacred offices; insomuch that many persons who came thither with great zeal from the ends of the earth to offer sacrifices at this celebrated place, which was esteemed holy by all mankind, fell down before their own sacrifices themselves, and sprinkled that altar which was venerable among all men, both Greeks and barbarians, with their own blood. The dead bodies of strangers were mingled together with those of their own country, and those of profane persons with those of the priests, and the blood of all sorts of dead carcasses stood in lakes in the holy courts themselves. Oh most wretched city, what misery so great as this didst thou suffer from the Romans, when they came to purify thee from thy internal pollutions! For thou couldst be no longer a place fit for God, nor couldst thou longer survive, after thou hadst been a sepulchre for the bodies of thine own people, and hast made the Holy House itself a burying-place in this civil war of thine. Yet mayst thou again grow better, if perchance thou wilt hereafter appease the anger of that God who is the author of thy destruction. But I must restrain myself from these passions by the rules of History, since this is not a proper time for domestic lamentation, but for historical narrations.

EUSEBIUS
Bishop of Caesarea
(c. 265 - 340)
Extract from the 'Theophania' :

"All authorities concur in the declaration that "when all these things should have been done" "The End" should come : that "the mystery of God should be finished as he had declared to His servants the prophets" : it should be completed : time should now be no more : the End of all things (so foretold) should be at hand, and be fully brought to pass : in these days should be fulfilled all that had been spoken of Christ (and of His church) by the prophets : or, in other words, when the gospel should have been preached in all the world for a testimony to all nations, and the power of the Holy People be scattered (abroad), then should the End come, then should all these things be finished. I need now only say, all these things have been done : the old and elementary system passed away with a great noise; all these predicted empires have actually fallen, and the new kingdom, the new heaven and earth, the new Jerusalem--all of which were to descend from God, to be formed by His power, have been realised on earth ; all these things have been done in the sight of all the nations ; God's holy arm has been made bare in their sight: His judgments have prevailed, and they remain for an everlasting testimony to the whole world. His kingdom has come, as it was foretold it should, and His will has, so far, been done; His purposes have been finished; and, from that day to the extreme end of time, it will be the duty, as indeed it will be the great privilege of the Church, to gather into its bosom the Jew, the Greek, the Scythian, the Barbarian, bond and free; and to do this as the Apostles did in their days--in obedience, faith and hope.' "

Last edited:
Upvote 0