Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Don't think so. That episode is followed in chapter 11 by Herod the Great and Octavian conquering the remainder of the Greek Empire. Then chapter 12 which prophecies the destruction of Jerusalem and the abomination that sets up up desolation. In other words there are two abominations.

The desolation was after Herod and the coming of the Lord Jesus. Dan 12 1. Most people fall down by being taught that its says that the great tribulation in the gospels say there will we a tribulation worse that any other, But it does not say that, it says such as.
Daniel 12 goes on to speak of the sacrifice being taken away
  • 11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
Josephus gives the date of those two events and the time between the two was 1290 days. There were a further 45 days till the destruction of the temple. 1335 in all. It all fits in before Revelation.

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The desolation was after Herod and the coming of the Lord Jesus. Dan 12 1. Most people fall down by being taught that its says that the great tribulation in the gospels say there will we a tribulation worse that any other, But it does not say that, it says such as.
  • 11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
Josephus gives the date of those two events and the time between the two was 1290 days. There were a further 45 days till the destruction of the temple. 1335 in all. It all fits in before Revelation.
it is interesting how some of these prophecy can be parallel and perhaps a dual fulfillment. It would be odd for the 70 7's to be speaking of both weeks being 7 year period and then have the middle of a 7 year week be now interpreted as 1290 days now being 1290 years. The 1st half form the order to rebuild Jerusalem and its wall was exact to the time Jesus road in on the foal of the donkey exactly 483 years from the order. The thing that is interesting is that the scope of this is either future and talking about the same thing John saw in Revelation or not. It seems the scope is given in Dan 9
4 “Seventy weeks are determined
For your people and for your holy city,
To finish the transgression,
To make an end of[ sins,
To make reconciliation for iniquity,
To bring in everlasting righteousness,
To seal up vision and prophecy,
And to anoint the Most Holy.

The scope is very Israel and Jerusalem centered. The anointing of the Most Holy sounds like the anointing of a king. Jesus is coming as King of Kings at the end of the 7 year tribulation. I believe Daniels 70th week and John's 7 years tribulation are speaking of the same thing. Hosea said this about Israel in Ch 3 For the children of Israel shall abide many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or sacred pillar, without ephod or teraphim. 5 Afterward the children of Israel shall return and seek the LORD their God and David their king. They shall fear the LORD and His goodness in the latter days

This is a latter day prophecy and starts with Israel being described as an adultress woman. Jesus said he came in His Fathers name and was rejected but noted if another would come Israel would accept Him. The prince that shall come in Dan 9 confirms the covenant with the many for one week but in midle of the week he puts an end to the sacrifice. How could this be 1290 years? Hosea clearly links the return of the Sacrifice to the return of the kingdom. In Acts ! they asked Jesus if at this time would he restore the kingdom and Jesus answered that was in the Fathers authority. He did not say it is a Spiritual kingdom but that that time was in the Fathers authority. Israel has gone many days without a sacrifice or king. They were destroyed and scattered into all the nations and now gathered back. The Temple Institute has replicated everything necessary to resume the sacrifices not done since 70AD. The global government of the anitchrist is being erected through the UN. Look up a thing called UN Earth Charter. They actually have a charter called the declaration of interdependence written by Gorbachof and they put it in a model of the ark of the covenant and placed it in the UN building. This blaspheme was carried on poles and is declaring this is the new law from God. The UN building has this quote from Isaiah on it
hey shall beat their swords into plowshares,
And their spears into pruning hooks;
Nation shall not lift up sword against nation,
Neither shall they learn war anymore.

They are going to bring in the antichrist and the sacrifice will come. The odds of all this lining up again are astronomical not to take it seriously as it is about to unfold.

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Are we talking about the same thing here?
Antiochus IV Epiphanes in Daniel 8:
8. Therefore the male goat (Alexander the Great) became very great: and when he was strong, the great horn was broken; and in it's place came up four notable ones toward the four winds of heaven. 9. And out of one of them ( out of the division of Alexanders empire between his generals.) came forth a little horn, which grew exceedingly great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land. 10. And it grew great, even to the army of heaven; and it cast down some of the army and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them. 11. Yes, he magnified himself even to the ruler of the army, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down. 12. And an army was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practiced, and prospered. 13. Then I heard one holy one speaking, and another holy said to that certain holy one which spoke, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the army to be trodden under foot? 14. And he said to me, Until two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.......21. And the rough goat is the king of Greece: and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king.(Alexander) 22. Now that being broken, whereas four stood in its place, four kingdoms shall stand up out of the nation, but not in his power. 23. AND IN THE LATTER TIME OF THEIR KINGDOM A, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce expression, skilled in intrigues, shall stand up. 24. And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and accomplish, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people. 25. And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.
Antiochus IV Epiphanes Daniel 11:
21. And in his (Seleucus IV Philopater) estate shall stand up a vile person (Antiochus Epiphanes, the little horn of Daniel 8:9-12, 23-25 ) to whom they shall not give the honor of the kingdom: but he shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries.
22. And with the arms of a flood shall they be overflown from before him and shall be broken; yea, also the prince (Ptolemy Philometer the son of Ptolemy Epiphanes and Cleopatra) of the covenant. (The covenant between Antiochus III and Ptolemy Epiphanes.)
23. And after the league (between Ptolemy Philometer and Antiochus Epiphanes) made with him he (Antiochus Epiphanes) shall work deceitfully: for he shall come up, and shall become strong with a small people.
24. He (Antiochus Epiphanes) shall enter peaceably even upon the fattest places of the province; and he shall do that which his fathers have not done, nor his fathers' fathers; he shall scatter among them the prey, and spoil, and riches: yea, and he shall forecast his devices against the strong holds, even for a time. Historical account. (Verses 22-24 also fits the rise of Antiochus Epiphanes in Syria rather than his dealings with the Ptolemy Philometer and can even be construed to fit his dealings with Jerusalem.)
25. And he (Antiochus Epiphanes) shall stir up his power and his courage against the king of the south (Ptolemy Philometer) with a great army; and the king of the south shall be stirred up to battle with a very great and mighty army; but he (the king of the south) shall not stand: for they (traitors) shall forecast devices against him.
26. Yea, they (Ptolomy's servants) that feed of the portion of his meat shall destroy him, and his army shall overflow: and many shall fall down slain.
27. And both these kings' hearts shall be to do mischief, and they shall speak lies at one table; but it shall not prosper: for yet the end shall be at the time appointed. ( Even though Antiochus Epiphanes has won, yet because of his fear of how the Romans will react if he completely annexes Egypt militarily. He negotiates with his nephew Ptolemy Philometer in guise of taking Egypt deceitfully through accord.)
28. Then shall he (Antiochus Epiphanes) return into his land with great riches; and his heart shall be against the holy covenant; and he shall do exploits, and return to his own land. (Antiochus murdered 40,000 jews, sold more 40,000 (woman and children) into slavery and plundered the temple.)
29. At the time appointed he (Antiochus Epiphanes) shall return, and come toward the south; but it shall not be as the former, or as the latter.
30. For the ships of Chittim (Roman) shall come against him: therefore he shall be grieved, and return, and have indignation against the holy covenant: so shall he do; he shall even return, and have intelligence with them that forsake the holy covenant. (The Romans compelled him to forsake his campaign against Egypt, his army then returned to Jerusalem with the aid of apostate Jews.)
31. And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that makes desolate. (His army sacked the city with orders to murder all the men and take the women and children captive. offered a pig on the alter, placed an alter to Zeus in the temple, sought to completely exterminate Juda)

Daniel 11:36-45 Herod The Great and Octavian

Daniel 12: The first century.

Daniel 12:11. And from the time that the daily sacrifice is taken away, and the abomination that makes desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days. 12. Blessed is he that waits, and cometh to the thousand three-hundred and thirty-five days.

This is a referance to the daily sacrifice for the emperor which Josephus sights as the effective date of the begining of the war. The problem with this is that our knowledge of history can only place this within a 6 month time period. Whcih I mention because you are sighting things meassured by the day which is not really possible for us to do. Its enough that we get the year right.

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus Christ told the people then that they would not see His day.
as in--the day of His coming
Bit of a misquote there:
Luke 17:22 And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it. 23 And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them. 24 For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day. 25 But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation. 26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
The reason he said this to them is that all the Apolstes but John would be murdered by then. As stated here:
John 21:18. (Jesus speaking to Peter) Truly, Truly, I say to you, When you were young, you dressed yourself, and walked where ever you desired: but when your old, you will stretch forth your hands, and another will dress you, and carry you where you do not want. 19. This he spoke, signifying by what death he (Peter) should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he said to him, Follow me. 20. Then Peter, turning around, seeing the disciple whom Jesus loved (John) following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, who is it that betrays you? 21. Peter seeing him said to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do? 22. Jesus answers him, If I will that he remain TILL I COME what is that to you? Follow me. 23. Then this saying abroad went out among the brothers, that this disciple (John) should not die: yet Jesus did not say to him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he remain till I come, what is that to you?
Apparently the subject of the coming of the Lord must have been just as mysterious to the early church as it is to believers today. It can be seen that they held the same view as many believers today because they interpreted the coming of the Lord as being the end of the world. They thought the Apostle John would be caught away (raptured) and not experience death. It appears that John considered it necessary to point out their misunderstanding of scripture while writing his gospel. Recording that: Jesus did not say to him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he remain till I come, what is that to you? Now dear brothers and sisters. You are being presented with a dilemma. Either John's gospel has an error in it or your interpretation of the coming of the Lord is not correct. Jesus told Peter that John would remain until he comes. Yet if the coming of the Lord is the end of the world, Armageddon, the rapture or a time proceeding Jesus reigning physically from the city of Jerusalem, (a millennial reign). That would make this a false prophecy. John is dead, its two thousand years latter and Jesus still hasn't come. Well, he hasn't come in the way pop culture end time teachings have him come anyway.

To further show you have interpreted that incorrectly Jesus does in fact say that many people he was speaking to would in fact live to see that day.

Mark 14:61 ...Again the high priest asked him, Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed? 62. And Jesus said, I am: and you will see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
Matthew 16: 27. For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. 28: Truly I say to you, There are some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.
Matthew16: 28. Truly I say to you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.
Mark: 9: 1. And he said unto them, Truly I say to you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.
Luke 9: 26. For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.27. But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.
Matthew 25: 64. Jesus says to him, You have said: nevertheless I say to you, After this you will see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Matthew 24:32. Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is close: 33. So likewise, when you shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. 34. In truth I say to you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.35. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. 36. But of that day and hour knows no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Mark 13:28. Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near: 29. So in like manner, when you shall see these things come to pass, know that it is close, even at the doors. 30. In truth I say to you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done. 31. Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. 32. But of that day and that hour knows no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Luke 21:29. And he spoke to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees; 30. When they now shoot forth, you see and know of your own selves that summer is now close at hand. 31. So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know that the kingdom of God is close at hand. 32. In truth I say to you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. 33. Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Don't think so. That episode is followed in chapter 11 by Herod the Great and Octavian conquering the remainder of the Greek Empire. Then chapter 12 which prophecies the destruction of Jerusalem and the abomination that sets up up desolation. In other words there are two abominations.

Matthew, Mark and Luke also describe the Destruction Of Jerusalem which happened in AD 70. It is the same destruction and the same abomination spoken by Daniel.
Mark 13:14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet,
Daniel 11 tells us who will place the A of D, those of the ships of Chittim, the Romans. Dan 12 tells us when it will be, after Herod, and after the Messiah came.

Are we talking about the same thing here?
Antiochus IV Epiphanes in Daniel 8:

8. Therefore the male goat (Alexander the Great) became very great: and when he was strong, the great horn was broken; and in it's place came up four notable ones toward the four winds of heaven. 9. And out of one of them ( out of the division of Alexanders empire between his generals.) came forth a little horn, which grew exceedingly great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land. 10. And it grew great, even to the army of heaven; and it cast down some of the army and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them. 11. Yes, he magnified himself even to the ruler of the army, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down. 12. And an army was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practiced, and prospered. 13. Then I heard one holy one speaking, and another holy said to that certain holy one which spoke, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the army to be trodden under foot? 14. And he said to me, Until two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.......21. And the rough goat is the king of Greece: and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king.(Alexander) 22. Now that being broken, whereas four stood in its place, four kingdoms shall stand up out of the nation, but not in his power. 23. AND IN THE LATTER TIME OF THEIR KINGDOM A, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce expression, skilled in intrigues, shall stand up. 24. And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and accomplish, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people. 25. And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.
Antiochus IV Epiphanes Daniel 11:
21. And in his (Seleucus IV Philopater) estate shall stand up a vile person (Antiochus Epiphanes, the little horn of Daniel 8:9-12, 23-25 ) to whom they shall not give the honor of the kingdom: but he shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries.
22. And with the arms of a flood shall they be overflown from before him and shall be broken; yea, also the prince (Ptolemy Philometer the son of Ptolemy Epiphanes and Cleopatra) of the covenant. (The covenant between Antiochus III and Ptolemy Epiphanes.)
23. And after the league (between Ptolemy Philometer and Antiochus Epiphanes) made with him he (Antiochus Epiphanes) shall work deceitfully: for he shall come up, and shall become strong with a small people.
24. He (Antiochus Epiphanes) shall enter peaceably even upon the fattest places of the province; and he shall do that which his fathers have not done, nor his fathers' fathers; he shall scatter among them the prey, and spoil, and riches: yea, and he shall forecast his devices against the strong holds, even for a time. Historical account. (Verses 22-24 also fits the rise of Antiochus Epiphanes in Syria rather than his dealings with the Ptolemy Philometer and can even be construed to fit his dealings with Jerusalem.)
25. And he (Antiochus Epiphanes) shall stir up his power and his courage against the king of the south (Ptolemy Philometer) with a great army; and the king of the south shall be stirred up to battle with a very great and mighty army; but he (the king of the south) shall not stand: for they (traitors) shall forecast devices against him.
26. Yea, they (Ptolomy's servants) that feed of the portion of his meat shall destroy him, and his army shall overflow: and many shall fall down slain.
27. And both these kings' hearts shall be to do mischief, and they shall speak lies at one table; but it shall not prosper: for yet the end shall be at the time appointed. ( Even though Antiochus Epiphanes has won, yet because of his fear of how the Romans will react if he completely annexes Egypt militarily. He negotiates with his nephew Ptolemy Philometer in guise of taking Egypt deceitfully through accord.)
28. Then shall he (Antiochus Epiphanes) return into his land with great riches; and his heart shall be against the holy covenant; and he shall do exploits, and return to his own land. (Antiochus murdered 40,000 jews, sold more 40,000 (woman and children) into slavery and plundered the temple.)
29. At the time appointed he (Antiochus Epiphanes) shall return, and come toward the south; but it shall not be as the former, or as the latter.
30. For the ships of Chittim (Roman) shall come against him: therefore he shall be grieved, and return, and have indignation against the holy covenant: so shall he do; he shall even return, and have intelligence with them that forsake the holy covenant. (The Romans compelled him to forsake his campaign against Egypt, his army then returned to Jerusalem with the aid of apostate Jews.)
31. And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that makes desolate. (His army sacked the city with orders to murder all the men and take the women and children captive. offered a pig on the alter, placed an alter to Zeus in the temple, sought to completely exterminate Juda)

Daniel 11:36-45 Herod The Great and Octavian

Daniel 12: The first century.

Daniel 12:11. And from the time that the daily sacrifice is taken away, and the abomination that makes desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days. 12. Blessed is he that waits, and cometh to the thousand three-hundred and thirty-five days.

This is a referance to the daily sacrifice for the emperor which Josephus sights as the effective date of the begining of the war. The problem with this is that our knowledge of history can only place this within a 6 month time period. Whcih I mention because you are sighting things meassured by the day which is not really possible for us to do. Its enough that we get the year right.

I agree with most of this except the daily sacrifice. The daily sacrifice was the Jewish sacrifice which failed 45 days before the temple was destroyed by fire, and 1290 days after the city was surrounded by the Roman armies under Cestius. Josephus tells how Titus pleaded for the sacrifice to continue.and how the temple was set on fire against his orders.

Antochius took took the sacrifice away but is was restored exactly a year to the day later.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
it is interesting how some of these prophecy can be parallel and perhaps a dual fulfillment. It would be odd for the 70 7's to be speaking of both weeks being 7 year period and then have the middle of a 7 year week be now interpreted as 1290 days now being 1290 years. The 1st half form the order to rebuild Jerusalem and its wall was exact to the time Jesus road in on the foal of the donkey exactly 483 years from the order. The thing that is interesting is that the scope of this is either future and talking about the same thing John saw in Revelation or not. It seems the scope is given in Dan 9
4 “Seventy weeks are determined
For your people and for your holy city,

To finish the transgression,
To make an end of sins,
To make reconciliation for iniquity,
To bring in everlasting righteousness,
To seal up vision and prophecy,
And to anoint the Most Holy.

The scope is very Israel and Jerusalem centered. The anointing of the Most Holy sounds like the anointing of a king. Jesus is coming as King of Kings at the end of the 7 year tribulation. I believe Daniels 70th week and John's 7 years tribulation are speaking of the same thing. Hosea said this about Israel in Ch 3 For the children of Israel shall abide many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or sacred pillar, without ephod or teraphim. 5 Afterward the children of Israel shall return and seek the LORD their God and David their king. They shall fear the LORD and His goodness in the latter days

Firstly the 69th week ended when John the Baptist said "Behold the Lamb of God" And Jesus was anointed by the Holy Spirit, confirmed by the voice from heaven. 3½ years later Messiah was cut off in the midst of the week, His ministry was continued exclusively to the Jews, by the Apostles till the conversion of Cornelius. Thus His ministry exclusively to the Jews was ended, as was the 70 weeks.
Every one of the six points above were fulfilled in Christ.

Secondly, nowhere does it say that the great tribulation was seven years.

Thirdly Daniel 9 doesn't mention antichrist, nowhere is he alluded to. The prophecy is about Christ and was fulfilled in Him.

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by Daniel the prophet and was pointing at a future event. Daniel says of the prince who shall come will put an end to the sacrifice in the middle of the week. Rev says from the time that the beast survives a mortal wound. 5 And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue[fn] for forty-two months. 6 Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven. 7 It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe,[fn] tongue, and nation. 8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

The fact that 42 months is the time frame he will enforce the mark of the beast would make it the middle of the 70th week too and would indicate that this is when the abomination of desolation has taken place.

Daniel 7 talks of the horn that is in charge when dominion is taken away and also describes it as forty-two month in this manner

The ten horns are ten kings
Who shall arise from this kingdom.
And another shall rise after them;
He shall be different from the first ones,
And shall subdue three kings.
25 He shall speak pompous words against the Most High,
Shall persecute[fn] the saints of the Most High,
And shall intend to change times and law.
Then the saints shall be given into his hand
For a time and times and half a time. (this is again 3 1/2" years or 42 months and this is the time frame for the return of the LORD)
26 ‘But the court shall be seated,
And they shall take away his dominion,
To consume and destroy it forever.
27 Then the kingdom and dominion,
And the greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven,
Shall be given to the people, the saints of the Most High.
His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,
And all dominions shall serve and obey Him.’

This curious phrase comes up again in Rev 12 time, times and half a time.

Now when the dragon saw that he had been cast to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male Child. 14 But the woman was given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent. 15 So the serpent spewed water out of his mouth like a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away by the flood. 16 But the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up the flood which the dragon had spewed out of his mouth. 17 And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

The connection is clear to me that Daniels 70th week is broken down in the middle being 42 months is when the sacrifice is taken away and persecution is on the Jews and Christians and the mark of the beast is enforced. The stage is set for this to happen exactly as written. The proof that the tribulation is 7 years is determined by seeing Daniels 70th week as the same as Johns vision. The passages in Daniel certainly treat it as 42 months from the end of the sacrifice and that matches what Revelation says too about the 2nd half.

2 Thess speaks of the man of sin being revealed
Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ[fn] had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin[fn] is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God[fn] in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

This is when the abomination of desolation takes place and is when the sacrifices that have restarted are stopped. This is what Hosea 3 was talking about. That Israel would go many days without sacrifice or king but related the return of the sacrifice with the return of the kingdom and even David.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Matthew, Mark and Luke also describe the Destruction Of Jerusalem which happened in AD 70. It is the same destruction and the same abomination spoken by Daniel.
Mark 13:14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet,
Daniel 11 tells us who will place the A of D, those of the ships of Chittim, the Romans. Dan 12 tells us when it will be, after Herod, and after the Messiah came.

I agree with most of this except the daily sacrifice. The daily sacrifice was the Jewish sacrifice which failed 45 days before the temple was destroyed by fire, and 1290 days after the city was surrounded by the Roman armies under Cestius. Josephus tells how Titus pleaded for the sacrifice to continue.and how the temple was set on fire against his orders.

Antochius took took the sacrifice away but is was restored exactly a year to the day later.
The abomination of desolation Jesus refered to can only be this:

Daniel 9:25. Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem to the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and sixty-two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troubled times. 26. And after sixty-two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come and shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end of it shall be with a flood, and to the end of the war desolations are determined. 27. And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

You can't just pull what is in Daniel 11 out of its context and make that the abomination of desolation Jesus spoke of as future. The one in Daniel 11 occurs before Herod the Great and the Octavian's conquering of the remainder of the Greek empire. (If that is what you are doing. I might not be understanding what you are trying to say.)

Then there is also Luke's corresponding verse.

Matthew 24:15. When you therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoever reads, let him understand:)16. Then let them which be in Judea flee into the mountains:
Mark 13:14. But when you shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that reads understand,) then let them that be in Judea flee to the mountains:
Luke 21:20. And when you shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation of it is near. 21. Then let them which are in Judea flee to the mountains;.....

Luke makes a direct reference to what this abomination that brings desolation is and it corresponds perfectly to Daniel 9.

As far as the daily sacrifice. I'll have to study up some more on that. If you could point me to where Josephus talks about it I would appreaciate it. I have never been really satisfied with what I have come up with.

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A person needs to correct an error =as I did not misquote - I did not even give a reference. Just made a statement.
You mis-quoted it. Paraphrased it in such a way as to make it conflict with all the other statements Jesus made on the matter of his coming at the end of the first covenant age. By the way. You not not totally wrong about Revelation 6:12-7:8. They are in fact talking about the end of the Old Covenant age and destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD. Immediately after Revelation 7:12 though the prophecy turns its attention to the Roman empire and its persecution of the saints.

Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
You can't just pull what is in Daniel 11 out of its context and make that the abomination of desolation Jesus spoke of as future. The one in Daniel 11 occurs before Herod the Great and the Octavian's conquering of the remainder of the Greek empire. (If that is what you are doing. I might not be understanding what you are trying to say.)

No. I said that Daniel 11 says who will place the abomination, the Romans, but doesn't say when.

Upvote 0