Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
From time to time people try to prove that the Lord exists. If no other proof exists, there is this:

The Lord solves all our problems for us, if we listen to him. At least, he does for me.

So why wouldn’t we believe in him?

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From time to time people try to prove that the Lord exists. If no other proof exists, there is this:
The Lord solves all our problems for us, if we listen to him. At least, he does for me.So why wouldn’t we believe in him?

People need to pray to receive the correct prayer.
When God gives you the prayer, it has already been answered.
Evidently you are listening well.

Answered Prayer - Steps 1, 2, 3

Reactions: dreadnought
Upvote 0

Lucian Hodoboc

I've already read the Bible
Jul 8, 2017
-
Visit site
✟89,082.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The Lord solves all our problems for us, if we listen to him. At least, he does for me.

Because "at least it does for me" is called an anecdotal fallacy and it's not grounds for establishing certainty. It does for you, but fails to do for thousands of other Christians who suffer despite praying to God. You might say, well, God is testing them and if they are strong in their faith they will be rewarded in the afterlife. Well, so will you, the person whose problems God solved during this earthly life. You will be rewarded in the afterlife too. So, if both you and the suffering Christians will be rewarded in the afterlife, how is it fair that they had to go through a few extra-decades of suffering?

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Because "at least it does for me" is called an anecdotal fallacy and it's not grounds for establishing certainty. It does for you, but fails to do for thousands of other Christians who suffer despite praying to God. You might say, well, God is testing them and if they are strong in their faith they will be rewarded in the afterlife. Well, so will you, the person whose problems God solved during this earthly life. You will be rewarded in the afterlife too. So, if both you and the suffering Christians will be rewarded in the afterlife, how is it fair that they had to go through a few extra-decades of suffering?
I suspect the Lord solves everyone's problems - if only they patiently listen.

• Agree
Reactions: RC1970
Upvote 0

RC1970

post tenebras lux
Jul 7, 2015
✟80,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Even though your experiences are a "proof" for you subjectively, others are looking for something that is objective.

"The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork." ~ Psalm 19:1

"For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." ~ Romans 1:19-20

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Even though your experiences are a "proof" for you subjectively, others are looking for something that is objective.

"The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork." ~ Psalm 19:1

"For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." ~ Romans 1:19-20
Actually, my explanation is about as objective as it gets, it seems to me, though it occurs to me the Lord might not want for there to be scientific proof of his existence.

Upvote 0