Only the sheep are saved by Jesus blood, God chose his sheep in the beginning?

Cockcrow

Jan 12, 2022
Southern USA
✟72,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Expanding on my previous thread this time using bible as I was falsely accused of blaspheming the Holy Spirit for not using enough bible earlier, we can see that it is clear Jesus died for the elect only, his sheep, his people, NOT the goats.

Matthew 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: For he shall save his people from their sins.

John 10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth life for his sheep.

John 10:15-16 "As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I must lay down my life for the sheep. other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: Them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd."

Isaiah 53:6-11 "All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of US all? for the transgression of my people was he stricken. thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand, by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities."

John 3:67 "ALL that the Father giveth me SHALL COME to me; and him that cometh to me I WILL IN NO WISE CAST OUT."

Romans 9:6-8 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: Neither because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

John 10:27-29 - "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand."

John 17:2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

Acts 20:28 "...feed the church of God which he hath purchased with his own blood. (This was the basis for my previous thread that was falsely called blasphemy)

Romans 8:29-30 - For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. (Here we see predestination proof, again this was pointed out in my accurate previous thread.)

Romans 9:23-24 - And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy which he had afore prepared unto glory, Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles

Ephesians 2:4-10 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Even when we were dead in sins, HATH QUICKENED US TOGETHER WITH CHRIST,

AND HATH RAISED US UP TOGETHER, AND MADE US SIT TOGETHER IN HEAVENLY PLACES IN CHRIST JESUS
That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.

FOR WE ARE HIS WORKMANSHIP, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."

Romans 6:3-11 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore WE ARE BURIED WITH HIM by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if WE HAVE BEEN PLANTED TOGETHER in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: Knowing this, THAT OUR OLD MAN IS CRUCIFIED WITH HIM, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin."

Colossians 3:13 "If YE THEN BE RISEN WITH CHRIST, seek those things which are above FOR YE ARE DEAD, and your life is hid with Christ in God."

Bible Cleary teaches that Christ accomplished redemption for his people with his blood on the cross, not for everyone in the whole world. When Christ died we died, when Christ rose we were raised, we were in him when he was raised form the dead. and no this is not blasphemy

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
not for everyone in the whole world.
He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. (1 John 2:2)

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
which scripture that I posted is wrong in your view?
You stated "Bible Cleary teaches that Christ accomplished redemption for his people with his blood on the cross, not for everyone in the whole world."

I posted a bible verse that stated the opposite, so you're wrong.

One thing I use to weed out heresies in my own thinking is the following pattern.

Scripture verses can be used to prove point X, however, scriptures can also be used to prove it wrong. Scripture is not wrong, just the point being made, and quite often the underlying logical framework is what is wrong.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Expanding on my previous thread this time using bible as I was falsely accused of blaspheming the Holy Spirit for not using enough bible earlier, we can see that it is clear Jesus died for the elect only, his sheep, his people, NOT the goats.

Matthew 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: For he shall save his people from their sins.

John 10:15-16 "As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I must lay down my life for the sheep. other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: Them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd."

Isaiah 53:6-11 "All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of US all? for the transgression of my people was he stricken. thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand, by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities."

John 3:67 "ALL that the Father giveth me SHALL COME to me; and him that cometh to me I WILL IN NO WISE CAST OUT."

Romans 9:6-8 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: Neither because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

John 10:27-29 - "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand."

John 17:2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

Acts 20:28 "...feed the church of God which he hath purchased with his own blood. (This was the basis for my previous thread that was falsely called blasphemy)

Romans 8:29-30 - For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. (Here we see predestination proof, again this was pointed out in my accurate previous thread.)

Romans 9:23-24 - And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy which he had afore prepared unto glory, Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles

Ephesians 2:4-10 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

AND HATH RAISED US UP TOGETHER, AND MADE US SIT TOGETHER IN HEAVENLY PLACES IN CHRIST JESUS
That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

FOR WE ARE HIS WORKMANSHIP, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."

Romans 6:3-11 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore WE ARE BURIED WITH HIM by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if WE HAVE BEEN PLANTED TOGETHER in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: Knowing this, THAT OUR OLD MAN IS CRUCIFIED WITH HIM, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin."

Colossians 3:13 "If YE THEN BE RISEN WITH CHRIST, seek those things which are above FOR YE ARE DEAD, and your life is hid with Christ in God."

Bible Cleary teaches that Christ accomplished redemption for his people with his blood on the cross, not for everyone in the whole world. When Christ died we died, when Christ rose we were raised, we were in him when he was raised form the dead. and no this is not blasphemy

If you post passages including "goats" we see that they are of equal standing and worth.
Which you avoided.

Leviticus 22:19
If it is to be accepted for you it shall be a male without blemish, of the bulls or the sheep or the goats.

"Goats" are those who cannot be saved because they do not listen to the shepherd.
Jesus did die for everyone in the world. The "goats" just do not believe it.

Upvote 0

bling

Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟794,962.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God could have determined from the beginning of time, He would save everyone who humbly accepted Hid unselfish, unconditional Love.

Everyone who accepted the invitation and went to the banquet were invited to the banquet to be with Christ.

It is in no way’s Christ’s fault people leave, that is there free will choice, just as Judas left Christ, Christ did all He could to help Judas.

Try just this small part of atonement:

There is this unbelievable huge “ransom payment” being made: Jesus, Peter, Paul, John and the author of Hebrews all describe it as an actual ransom scenario and not just “like a ransom scenario”. And we can all agree on: the payment being Christ’s torture, humiliation and murder, the Payer being God/Christ, the child being set free (sinners going to God), but have a problem with: “Who is the kidnapper”? If there is no kidnapper than the ransom scenario does not fit, so who is the kidnapper?

Some people try to make God the receiver of the payment, which calls God the kidnapper of His own children which is crazy.

Some people say satan is the kidnapper (this is what the Ransom Theory of atonement has), but that would mean God is paying satan when God has the power to safely take anything from satan and it would be wrong for God to pay satan.

Some say it is an intangible like death, evil, sin, or nothing, but you would not pay a huge payment to an intangible?

There is one very likely kidnapper and that is the person holding a child back from entering the Kingdom to be with God. When we go to the nonbeliever, we are not trying to convince them of an idea, a book, a doctrine or theology, but to accept Jesus Christ and Him crucified (which is described as the ransom payment). If the nonbeliever accepts the ransom payment (Jesus Christ) there is a child released to go to the Father, but if the nonbeliever refuses to accept Jesus Christ and Him crucified a child is kept out of the Kingdom. Does this all sounds very much like a kidnapping scenario?

Yes, Christ is the ransom payment for all, but the kidnapper can accept or reject the payment. If the kidnapper rejects this unbelievable huge payment, the payers of the ransom are going to be upset with that kidnapper.

There is a lot more to say about this, but this is an introduction.

Upvote 0

Cockcrow

Jan 12, 2022
Southern USA
✟72,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Best advice:

Be transformed by the renewing of your mind, and try again.

Tends to work for me.

God bless.
there is nothing to transform and try again unless you're accusing me of not having the Holy Spirit, or am providing false info? posting one bible verse then saying "you're wrong" to someone isn't a convincing argument

Reactions: Ligurian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory Thompson

Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
there is nothing to transform and try again unless you're accusing me of not having the Holy Spirit, or am providing false info? posting one bible verse then saying "you're wrong" to someone isn't a convincing argument
Sanctification is a constant process. If you didn't have the Holy Spirit, then the instructions would have been impossible. Keep at it though, if you can find something the scripture supports and doesn't contradict, then it will be hard for anyone to say "you're wrong"

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟894,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

He foreknew who would choose Him. That is how He knows.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

TedT

Member since Job 38:7
Jan 11, 2021
Vancouver Island
✟85,846.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. (1 John 2:2)
I posted a bible verse that stated the opposite, so you're wrong.
You've misconstrued the meaning of the verse...

The whole world cannot mean every person because some are unforgivable. Therefore it must mean covering both the Gentile world and the Hebrew world, ie, all the world, but NOT every person in these groups.

HIS sacrifice was for the sins of everyone who did not sin the unforgivable sin, ie, the sheep, not the goats, no matter their race, country, culture or sex. IF the goats could repent His sacrifice would cover them but they can't repent so they are not covered.

They can't repent because their free will faith decision to rebuke HIM AS A LIAR AND A FALSE GOD put them outside of HIS grace and mercy forever because a free will decision is sacrosanct and must be held inviolable or it is not free! Also, the enslaving addiction to evil stops them from ever changing their mind.

ImCo....

Reactions: Ligurian
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
You've misconstrued the meaning of the verse...

The whole world cannot mean every person because some are unforgivable. Therefore it must mean covering both the Gentile world and the Hebrew world, ie, all the world, but NOT every person in these groups.

HIS sacrifice was for the sins of everyone who did not sin the unforgivable sin, ie, the sheep, not the goats, no matter their race, country, culture or sex. IF the goats could repent His sacrifice would cover them but they can't repent so they are not covered.

They can't repent because their free will faith decision to rebuke HIM AS A LIAR AND A FALSE GOD put them outside of HIS grace and mercy forever because a free will decision is sacrosanct and must be held inviolable or it is not free! Also, the enslaving addiction to evil stops them from ever changing their mind.

ImCo....
The passage says what it says, there are other passages that say the same thing. Since all scriptures are true, so is the plain meaning of that verse.

• Haha
Reactions: TedT
Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
do you believe the Bible contradicts itself?

Galatians 3:5
vs
John 14:15-17
= Galatians 2:7

The First Gospel uses the word sheep for the tribes of Israel; so does the Old Covenant.

Psalms 44:19-22 For thou hast laid us low in a place of affliction, and the shadow of death has covered us. If we have forgotten the name of our God and if we have spread out our hands to a strange god, shall not God search these things out? For He knows the secrets of the heart. For Thy sake we are killed all the day long: we are counted as sheep for slaughter.LXX

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. (Revelation 13:11, John 1:29)

Matthew 10:5-7 These twelve Jesus sent forth and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into [any] city of the Samaritans enter ye not. But go rather to the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel, and as ye go, preach, saying, The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand. (Matthew 15:24, Matthew 24:14)

Jeremias 27:4-6 In those days, and at that time, the children of Israel shall come, they and the children of Juda together; they shall proceed, weeping as they go, seeking the Lord their God. They shall ask the way till they come to Sion, for that way shall they set their face; and they shall come and flee for refuge to the Lord their God; for the Everlasting Covenant shall not be forgotten. My people have been Lost Sheep, their shepherds thrust them out; they caused them to wander on the mountains; they went from mountain to hill, they forgot their resting-place.LXX

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cockcrow

Jan 12, 2022
Southern USA
✟72,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
He foreknew who would choose Him. That is how He knows.
Blessings.
of course he does, yet free willers or universalist will say otherwise, but scripture clearly teaches that God is the one who chooses us and not the other way around, his sheep were predestined from the beginning

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟894,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
of course he does, yet free willers or universalist will say otherwise, but scripture clearly teaches that God is the one who chooses us and not the other way around, his sheep were predestined from the beginning
That is one of the views and not necessarily widley held. BTW, welcome to CF !

Upvote 0

Cockcrow

Jan 12, 2022
Southern USA
✟72,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Sanctification is a constant process. If you didn't have the Holy Spirit, then the instructions would have been impossible. Keep at it though, if you can find something the scripture supports and doesn't contradict, then it will be hard for anyone to say "you're wrong"
I apologize if I came off as argumentative or trolling, I got worked up trying to prove that I didn't commit blasphemy of the Holy Spirit like was alleged which is the worst sin of all that you can't repent from and was something I never intended to do or thought I did and should have just ignored it instead of getting upset and making another thread. not a good or productive idea in retrospect

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I apologize if I came off as argumentative or trolling, I got worked up trying to prove that I didn't commit blasphemy of the Holy Spirit like was alleged which is the worst sin of all that you can't repent from and was something I never intended to do or thought I did and should have just ignored it instead of getting upset and making another thread. not a good or productive idea in retrospect
It's like thoughts are being converted into poems right now.

it is tough to be told you are stained black,

so no worries.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private

1 John 2:2-4 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for [the sins of] the whole world.KJV
hilasmos = atonement, i.e. (concretely) an expiator:--propitiation.
(expiate = make amends... put right, make peace)
kosomos = orderly arangement
Psalms 82:1-8 They know not nor understand, they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth shall be shaken. (John 3:17)

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
eirene = probably from a primary verb eiro (to join); peace (literally or figuratively); by implication, prosperity:--one, peace, quietness, rest, + set at one again.

Revelation 6:4 And there went out another horse: red; and was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another; and there was given unto him a great sword.

Upvote 0