Jan 1, 2002
The "Left Coast" of the USA
Visit site
✟22,176.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The promises of God goes along with memorizing Scripture. These promises are more specific in that we can usually apply them in our lives. Most of them have two parts. One part is action on God's side and the other is action taken on by us.

For instance, Phil. 4:6,7 states:

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Our part: Thanking God for whom He is and what he will do in our lives; submitting our requests.

God's promise: He will give us peace that surpasses all undertanding through our trials and difficulties we encounter.

What's so wonderful is that God never goes back on His Word! We can stand firm in His Word, claim it, and know that He will always come through with His promises.

Please feel free to post your favorite promises. Any testimonies of how God worked in your life through His Word are welcomed.

MizD you are so right. When my son died I was comforted beyond explanation. God took him and I knew that. He also gave me a peace that passes understanding with no words to describe. He never promised a trouble free life but he does promise that he will comfort us in our times of trouble. I have experienced this many times......Thank you God for being so good to me.

Upvote 0

MizDoulos

<font color=6c2dc7><b>Justified by grace through f
Jan 1, 2002
Visit site
✟22,176.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi, rkbo:

I am so very sorry about the loss of your son. I couldn't imagine what that would be like and the pain you experienced in losing a child. Thank God He keeps His Word and gives us His peace through these difficult times.

When I lost my dad whom I loved very much, God gave me peace through all the pain. Yes, God is soooo good!

Thank you for sharing and opening a part of your life to us that we may see the power and goodness of the Lord. I'm sure others will be edified by your testimony.

Blessings to you,

Pat

Upvote 0

MizDoulos

Jan 1, 2002
Visit site
✟22,176.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here are more promises of God to memorize or at least be familiar:

Phil. 4:19

And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

When temptation comes along, as it does with all of us at one time or another, this is a verse that you can claim for strength:

Phil. 4:13

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Here's one for encouragement:

Isaiah 40:28

Have you not known?
Have you not heard?
The everlasting God, the Lord,
The Creator of the ends of the earth,
Neither faints nor is weary.
His understanding is unsearchable.

He gives power to the weak,
And to those who have no might He increases strength.

Even the youths shall faint and be weary,
And the young men shall utterly fall,

But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.

:) Blessings to all of you who are growing in Christ! :)

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I would also list Jer 29:11 (I think..not sure ...I always forget the address for that verse..) I know the plans for you declares the Lord...

oh..and pslams 69 is awesome too...look at verse 13

"But I prayy to you, O LORD, in the time of your favor' in your great love, O God, answer me with your sure salvation."

Upvote 0

Mandy

Dec 28, 2001
California
Visit site
✟7,109.00
I think this is a good one:

Romans 8:15-18
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with [him], that we may be also glorified together.
For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time [are] not worthy [to be compared] with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Upvote 0
"The Lord is faithful to all His promises, and loving toward all He has made. The Lord upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down." Psalm 145:13-14

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

Upvote 0
The Sermon to the Multitudes has some good promises:

He said to (his) disciples, "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life and what you will eat, or about your body and what you will wear. For life is more than food and the body more than clothing.

Notice the ravens: they do not sow or reap; they have neither storehouse nor barn, yet God feeds them. How much more important are you than birds!

Can any of you by worrying add a moment to your lifespan? If even the smallest things are beyond your control, why are you anxious about the rest?

Notice how the flowers grow. They do not toil or spin. But I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of them. If God so clothes the grass in the field that grows today and is thrown into the oven tomorrow, will he not much more provide for you, O you of little faith?

As for you, do not seek what you are to eat and what you are to drink, and do not worry anymore. All the nations of the world seek for these things, and your Father knows that you need them. Instead, seek his kingdom, and these other things will be given you besides.

fixed link

Upvote 0

MizDoulos

Jan 1, 2002
Visit site
✟22,176.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A promise that touches my heart is from Isaiah 43:25:

I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake;
And I will not remember your sins.

WoooHooo!!! Am sooo glad that God will not only forgive us of our sins, but will erase them from His "memory." How many times do we go around with guilt or being too harsh on ourselves even after we've asked God for forgiveness? The last sentence shows how wonderful our Father God truly is!

:) Praise God for His goodness and mercy toward us!!! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.