• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Promises of God

Discussion in 'Non-denominational' started by MizDoulos, Jan 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MizDoulos

MizDoulos <font color=6c2dc7><b>Justified by grace through f

+3
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Thought we could all share our favorite promises of God. If you'd like to give your reasons, please do so.

There are sooo many promises in the Bible. Many have two parts: God doing His part and we doing ours. For instance, Philippians 4:6, 7 says:

<font color="ff4500"><b>Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God, and the peace of God, which surpassses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.</font></b>

This verse has been one of my favorites and I have claimed it many times in the past years. He has always come through and given me His peace. God never fails!

What are some of your favorites?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Martin

Martin Senior Veteran

+12
    Christian
    Married
    Matthew 28:20 "...and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age"

I enjoy my relationship with the Lord, and I believe that He enjoys it too, so I'm really gald of the promise that He will be with me always

When I became born again, a scripture anchored in my heart and I have never stopped loving it:

John 7:38 "He who belives in Me, as the Scripture has said, 'From his innermost being shall flow rivers of living water'"
    :)

3. Christsoldier

Christsoldier So, I'm an apologetic!

+0
    Mizdoulos,

Actually, the verse you posted is one of my favs, too! This one really helped me when I was dealing with anxiety attacks. I would just start reaching up and grasp His hand. And pray, pray, pray!! :)

4. rkbo

rkbo Member

+0
    I like this one
    1 Cor 1:27-29
    27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
    28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
    29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.
    (KJV)

If this verse was the other way around then I would be in deep trouble.........don't laugh some of you guys would be too.

Keep smilin

5. MizDoulos

MizDoulos <font color=6c2dc7><b>Justified by grace through f

+3
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Hi, all!

<font color="54c571"><b>Martin</font></b>, I really like Matt. 28:20, too! It's comforting to know He will always be with us, and I treasure that greatly.

--------------------

<font color="e45e9d"><b>Christsoldier</font></b>, I agree with you. This verse is terrific to claim when anxiety or worries creep in. We can always count on Him to come through and give us true peace.

---------------------

<font color="15317e"><b>rkbo</font></b>, please explain what you mean if the verse was the other way around (pertaining to your comment)? The verse brings to mind another verse: thinking they were wise, they became fools. The world thinks it is wise without God, but we know it is just the opposite.

Enjoyed reading all of your posts! :)

God bless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.