United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
And they were all racists?

Your argument was that all of this stuff happened in the past and that we've since moved on. I'm trying to rebut that by showing how not-all-that-long-ago this stuff was. One example supporting my argument is that there are people in power now who were in power then. There are many, many more who only retired within the last decade. I'm not going to go digging through the leadership records of thousands of different churches, but neither do I have to to illustrate my point.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
lol wut? Group identities and loyalties pre-date any form of marxism - cultural or otherwise - by millennia. By your definition, the southern baptist denomination was founded on an ideology of cultural marxism, and white American society was a huge proponent of cultural marxism prior to the late 20th century.

Yes cultural Marxism is just a new twist on an old problem. It is tribalism based upon political ideology and emotional reasoning lacking logic or even a modicum of coherence The groups are no longer actual groups that have actual ties to each other but perceived groups based upon nothing more than the imagination of the perceiver. Things like skin color or gender or sexual preferences which various people unrelated to each other in any way share without having any other thing in common but are perceived to be a group as if they were united with each other in some way.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Your argument was that all of this stuff happened in the past and that we've since moved on. I'm trying to rebut that by showing how not-all-that-long-ago this stuff was. One example supporting my argument is that there are people in power now who were in power then. There are many, many more who only retired within the last decade. I'm not going to go digging through the leadership records of thousands of different churches, but neither do I have to to illustrate my point.
The only way that supports anything is if one, they were actually part of thr problem back then; and two, they haven’t repented. If you can show that, then you have an argument.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The only way that supports anything is if one, they were actually part of thr problem back then; and two, they haven’t repented. If you can show that, then you have an argument.

The argument was not about individuals; the argument was about how much time has passed. (you asked how many years it had been). I'm demonstrating that it hasn't been as long as you want to believe. If, in a few minutes on wikipedia, I can find half-a-dozen names of prominent individuals still in power after all this time, then there are likely thousands more in the ranks of the member churches.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The argument was not about individuals; the argument was about how much time has passed. (you asked how many years it had been). I'm demonstrating that it hasn't been as long as you want to believe. If, in a few minutes on wikipedia, I can find half-a-dozen names of prominent individuals still in power after all this time, then there are likely thousands more in the ranks of the member churches.
Actually my point is that it’s the past.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
And for those that buck against the term “cultural Marxism”, we can use Critical Race Theory and Intersectionality instead. Greear was, in part, responsible for Resolution 9 at last years convention.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You should have just watched the video.
And been halfway informed? You should read more before tossing around a pejorative term. There’s lots on the net. If the best you can do is a YouTube video....

• Optimistic
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
And been halfway informed? You should read more before tossing around a pejorative term. There’s lots on the net. If the best you can do is a YouTube video....
Since it seems to be a trigger for some, let’s go with Critical Race Theory and Intersectionality.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I’m not confident about the grasp some folks have in the concepts.
I agree. That’s how Resolution 9 got passed last year at the convention.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.