Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
***Keep in mind that this is the LIBERAL CHRISTIANITY faith group forum***

Prominent Evangelical Magazine Calls For Removing Trump From Holy Trinity

In a scathing opinion piece published Thursday by Christianity Today, the evangelical magazine’s editor-in-chief Mark Galli made the case for President Trump’s removal from the Holy Trinity. “The president has demonstrated repeatedly that he lacks the ethical convictions necessary for us to continue worshipping him as a part of the triune God,” said Galli, explaining that when Trump was seated at the right hand of the Father, many Christians assumed his behavior would by extension be righteous and godly, but this has not been the case. “While it is not a decision we undertake lightly, our position is firm: If we do not reverse course now—if we continue to accept Mr. Trump as our Lord and Savior in spite of his blackened moral record—who will take the evangelical community seriously in the years to come?” Galli’s editorial goes on to reassure readers the magazine supports the deification of Vice President Pence, who in the event of Trump’s removal would ascend to a place alongside the Father and the Holy Spirit.

It doesn't even seem like satire LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Aussie Pete

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, this is a liberal forum; if I may, as a guest >

I'm confused...

(I'm not even American...)
Hi, Farouk Farouk :) It is good to see you :)

If you really were confused, you would not know you are not an American.

Plus, by the way - - - it could help to understand that Christian Forums is a worldwide website, welcoming any and all Jesus brothers and sisters and nonbelievers, here. But it can be confusing, how so many items here are about American politics, when this website . . . to my knowledge, I mean . . . is a place equally welcoming all people around the world.

This is not an American website where others are welcome to visit, as second-class members!!!!

And therefore all of you here are equally . . . I would say . . . welcome to post threads about the politics and news and current events of the area where you live on earth.

So . . . Farouk Farouk > I'll try to explain what I think the article is saying >

It is a satire from a liberal perspective, talking about evangelicals who are not liberals; liberals tend to be Democrats, and evangelicals Republicans. The writer or group is saying that American, Republican, evangelicals have exalted Donald to be above question, which can be taken to mean he has been raised to be like Jesus. And he is being treated, certain liberals are saying, like he is the one to save the United States . . . when only Jesus can save.

The person or group presenting this satire is liberal . . . not like the morality promoting evangelicals of United States politics. So, where the liberals are coming from is: they are saying that if evangelicals are going to claim to be so about morals and being by the Bible, then it is not consistent for them to be so exalting Donald who does not have a very good moral record and who is not so above question like Jesus is so reliable. And Donald certainly is not able to save the United States; so evangelicals need to not be so promoting him as though he can really save America. How can ones put up Donald, like this, and claim how only Jesus is our real and true Savior?

Now, of course, the evangelicals who plainly honor and promote Donald would deny they are exalting him to be equal to Jesus and even above question. Even so, it appears to me, how there are indeed political activists who are presenting themselves to be evangelicals and they are on TV and showing in the media . . . and talking about Donald like they find no major issue with him. And it seems ones could suppose Donald can save the American Constitution and way of life.

But something I have noted is how the ones the most favoring Donald can be very Israel connected. These are promoting, also, that evangelicals even need to include Jewish feasts and forms of worship and diet as part of evangelical worship, or else we will be missing out on something as Christians. And they along with this are making a very big deal out of Donald being pro-Israel. And this advancement of Israel and making Jewish ways part of evangelical family home life, at least by some of these, can be connected with getting Jesus to come back, by getting Israel established in a way they say the Bible predicts as a condition necessary for Jesus to return.

But > not all claiming to be evangelicals are doing this. There are Bible claiming people who clearly deny that he is even a Christian. And ones are saying to vote for him, as "the lesser of two evils"!! So, no one on TV or in the media speaks for any and all who claim to be evangelical.

And we are to bless all people > care about all others as we care about our own selves. So, to promote America and/or Israel with the most attention and mention in prayer . . . possibly is not loving all people in prayer > "first of all" as our Apostle Paul means, in 1 Timothy 2:1-4.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟334,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
  • Informative
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0