Idaho
✟46,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Project Veritas is awesome. They really expose a lot of deep corruption that's on the inside of these evil companies. Anyone who's been paying attention to the craziness that's going on has already figured this was the case when it comes to google. Yet it's a breath of fresh air to see them exposed for the dirty manipulators that they are. Thanks for uploading!

Upvote 0

WherevertheWindblows

Dec 30, 2018
City
✟7,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: Tanj
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Project Veritas is awesome. They really expose a lot of deep corruption that's on the inside of these evil companies. Anyone who's been paying attention to the craziness that's going on has already figured this was the case when it comes to google. Yet it's a breath of fresh air to see them exposed for the dirty manipulators that they are. Thanks for uploading!

Veritas is a bunch of manipulative liars preying on people who don’t understand how video editing can be used to create a false narrative.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,981.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Veritas is a bunch of manipulative liars preying on people who don’t understand how video editing can be used to create a false narrative.
To be fair these people don't know they are being recorded and at least the most recent cases happened in a two-party consent state where there shouldn't have been filmed without their permission.

Upvote 0

carlv_52

Jun 18, 2019
Washington
✟17,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship

I lose no love for mega corporations and I'm sure Google is on its way to being a worse company than it originally set out to be. And I bet there are even leftists who work at Google who don't like Trump. But, yeah, anytime I see "Project Veritas" I immediately think of the many times they were found to either be manipulating or outright lying.

I wouldn't believe anything that comes out of Project Veritas without some 3rd party vetting it anymore than I would believe something Trump says.

Upvote 0

tryphena rose

Daughter of the Most High
Jun 3, 2019
Idaho
✟46,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm, and interestingly enough their video exposing google was taken down only hours after it was uploaded. The footage they had on those working in google were pretty straight forward. I would argue, that mega corporations with way too much power in their hands are the manipulative ones. It's pretty hard to create a false narrative with such raw footage. The person who's identity that was concealed can certainly be approached with skepticism, but the under cover video footage they included spoke volumes in and of itself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DanishLutheran

Dec 22, 2018
Aarhus
✟25,867.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

Well, leftists resort to actual intimidation and doxxing all the time.
And undercover journalism is a necessity sometimes. But of course, since they're exposing the left, they must inherently be evil, right? ^_^

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hmmm, and interestingly enough their video exposing google was taken down only hours after it was uploaded. The footage they had on those working in google were pretty straight forward. I would argue, that mega corporations with way too much power in their hands are the manipulative ones. It's pretty hard to create a false narrative with such raw footage. The person who's identity that was concealed can certainly be approached with skepticism, but the under cover video footage they included spoke volumes in and of itself.

This is a good illustration of what I was talking about with regards to people not understanding the power of editing. Allow me to illustrate how this works. Here are your original posts:

Now, here's my impression of Project Veritas' slice-and-dice job:

I would argue, that Project Veritas are the manipulative ones. Anyone who's been paying attention to the craziness that's going on has already figured this was the case. The under cover video spoke volumes. The person who's identity that was concealed exposed them for the dirty manipulators that they are. Yet it's a breath of fresh air to see the footage they had. Those working in google were pretty straight forward.

ETA: Or here's one where I narrate (imagine every time I speak, you see me in the studio, while every time you speak, you're on a hidden camera):

Me: "Tryphena is a big fan of google and their internal culture. She was worried they were getting a bad rap in public and was glad that the Project Veritas footage exonerated them."
You: "It's pretty hard to create a false narrative with such raw footage. The person who's identity that was concealed can certainly be approached with skepticism, but the under cover video footage they included spoke volumes in and of itself." <white flash> "those working in google were pretty straight forward." <white flash> "Anyone who's been paying attention to the craziness that's going on has already figured this was the case."

That's a bit different, no? I didn't add a single word to what you wrote. I just removed and re-arranged some things and in the second example, steered the audience's interpretation more overtly. In both cases, I completely flipped the meaning of what you said without adding or faking anything. That's what Project Veritas does.

Now, to this specific video. Youtube took it down, but it's still available here:

Insider Blows Whistle & Exec Reveals Google Plan to Prevent “Trump situation” in 2020 on Hidden Cam – Project Veritas

There is no "raw footage" in that video. There's nothing even remotely approaching "raw footage". Every time the screen flashes white, there's an edit. Every time the camera angle changes, there's an edit. Every time the zoom / focal length changes, there's an edit. Every time it cuts back to O'Keefe and the masked man, there's an edit. All of the narrative and interpretation is provided by O'Keefe and the masked man. They tell you what to think about what the woman is saying. The video even removes the questions to which she was responding, which should be a dead giveaway to anybody that they're up to something fishy.

They have, in the past, released some less-edited footage that certainly looked bad, but this? This is nothing. There's nothing here. This is them conning the gullible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
So much has come out about Google lately that I am wondering how many people here use some other search engine--to have more privacy, for example. If so, which one?

Work under the assumption that every - single - thing you do on the Internet is being tracked and stored somewhere.

• Agree
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So much has come out about Google lately that I am wondering how many people here use some other search engine--to have more privacy, for example. If so, which one?

Hoping for privacy on the internet makes the neo-confederates' lost cause look downright plausible.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Hoping for privacy on the internet makes the neo-confederates' lost cause look downright plausible.

Well, you can take some steps to mitigate how much is available. Using a VPN, for example, would bypass your ISP being able to track you, but the VPN service could since you're just creating a tunnel to the VPN service. Can use services that don't have a login and such like DuckDuckGo which can help, but even there if someone wanted to track they could. It's all a lot like locking the doors to your house, getting an alarm system, having an attack dog, and the like. It makes it less likely that you'll be a target because you aren't an easy mark, but a determined person could get in.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, you can take some steps to mitigate how much is available. Using a VPN, for example, would bypass your ISP being able to track you, but the VPN service could since you're just creating a tunnel to the VPN service. Can use services that don't have a login and such like DuckDuckGo which can help, but even there if someone wanted to track they could. It's all a lot like locking the doors to your house, getting an alarm system, having an attack dog, and the like. It makes it less likely that you'll be a target because you aren't an easy mark, but a determined person could get in.

The sites you visit still collect enough data to build a profile of you.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
The sites you visit still collect enough data to build a profile of you.

They do. I'm not saying that. I'm saying you can attempt to take steps to mitigate how much is out there. But considering most of the population literally carries around a device that can allow you to be tracked physically, it's all about perspective.

Upvote 0

tryphena rose

Daughter of the Most High
Jun 3, 2019
Idaho
✟46,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They have, in the past, released some less-edited footage that certainly looked bad, but this? This is nothing. There's nothing here. This is them conning the gullible.
"The reason we launched our A.I. principles is because people were not putting that line in the sand, that they were not saying what’s fair and what’s equitable so we’re like, well we are a big company, we’re going to say it."
– Jen Gennai, Head Of Responsible Innovation, Google

So, there's nothing here? Honestly, you're the gullible one if you think this isn't exactly what's happening. You don't have to read in between the lines to understand what's being said.

• Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0