Suleja
✟31,543.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Although Covid is busy gesticulating up and down One must still try to be a little positive(in thinking, not covid wise oo :eek:)

About :-
Hymnary is simply a app with solfas for choir. None currently exist in play store and most of our choirs can not read sheet music....

HYMNSOLFAS.png

ABCthings

Light
Jun 4, 2019
Suleja
✟31,543.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

Application Layout

Hmm... First we have the splash screen.
1) Splash screen.
My love for splash screens is undying
A Splash screen is the first screen you see when you open and application. Usually containing the app name, ads or whatever the developer feels.

11259818_img20200324122441_jpeg0a0663e1ecda9853b3604f7781b4fdb6

Upvote 0

ABCthings

Light
Jun 4, 2019
Suleja
✟31,543.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
parsingMidis1

Someone asked
Parsing midi pls explain
Reply: Okay, I will assume you know nothing about midis, but if you do you may skip this part in blacks
Midis are like small ringtone files.
But unlike other audio files they don't actually contain sounds but rather information for playing them.
Think of them like short rude guys telling your computers thinks like "Abeg check piano for me in your sound bank, Play C4 and E4 for 2 seconds then play F3 and A4 for 1mins etc....
Which C4, E4 and others are various pitches.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ABCthings

Light
Jun 4, 2019
Suleja
✟31,543.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Oh! this thread is here. :)
Well nobody is probably reading this so I can say anything I like. Like my favourite food is beans and like it more when you mix it up with rice and some well-prepared chicken soup and egg. Or just give me beans and bread and nothing more.

Upvote 0

ABCthings

Light
Jun 4, 2019
Suleja
✟31,543.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Well, parsing midi was a failure because the the notes were mixed up.
e.g treble and alto were together it the same track making it impossible to programmatically differenciate.

So now we have to manually type everything which a lot of labour. If I were to type one hymn per day it would take me seven years to finish. So I probably need some extra hand here and there.

Funny enough I've really told anyone offline about this project. Even if I do nobody will take me seriously. They probably think I can't because developing apps isn't what we see everyday here.

And I won't be able to convince them because I don't believe in myself either.
Perhaps if I can upgrade my dad's 2gb RAM and download android studio i'll have the confidence I need that I have every thing I need to build an android app.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ABCthings

Light
Jun 4, 2019
Suleja
✟31,543.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I wanted to create a gofundme account because I thought maybe some people out there might be interested in this but was barred because I was a member of a particular country. Hmm... Something I think being a Nigerian is my greatest mistake in life.

Meanwhile I'm almost done developing 'Softy' BRB

Upvote 0