Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As it is becoming a more mainstream belief, and we have boards for different denominations and schisms in some denominations, it may be time, and only fair, to include a Progressive Christianity board.

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
As it is becoming a more mainstream belief, and we have boards for different denominations and schisms in some denominations, it may be time, and only fair, to include a Progressive Christianity board.
What kinds of things do progressive christians believe?

Word association error, inconclusive.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Very liberal theologies that are all-inclusive. Such as, everyone goes to heaven no matter what, it doesn't matter what you believe or how you live your life because Jesus died on the cross for your sins, Paul is a false apostle etc.

(Disclaimer: I do not agree with any of this theology. I've just seen a boom over the last couple of years of folks that do believe this and while searching the internet for any news on why the forums were down for several hours yesterday I somehow stumbled upon a thread in a whole other website about this and their lack of really having anywhere to post so just figured I'd suggest it.)

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Ope, I stand corrected then. Disregard admins.
yes was going to suggest the Liberal forum, the word progressive has a variety of meanings sometimes not liberal.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Ah, a forum dedicated to people who think God and his saints had it all wrong until the 20th century when he suddenly decided to "fix it" and throw out the part about being the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Sounds wonderful.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Ah, a forum dedicated to people who think God and his saints had it all wrong until the 20th century when he suddenly decided to "fix it" and throw out the part about being the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Sounds wonderful.
We have a forum for progressive revelation also.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Oh, it was a thing in the 19th century too.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Very liberal theologies that are all-inclusive. Such as, everyone goes to heaven no matter what, it doesn't matter what you believe or how you live your life because Jesus died on the cross for your sins, Paul is a false apostle etc.

(Disclaimer: I do not agree with any of this theology. I've just seen a boom over the last couple of years of folks that do believe this and while searching the internet for any news on why the forums were down for several hours yesterday I somehow stumbled upon a thread in a whole other website about this and their lack of really having anywhere to post so just figured I'd suggest it.)

Just to clarify: My first thought was that, as @Albion stated, the Whosoever Will, May Come forum is what you're looking for. But WWMC is something of a safe house for liberal Christians; it's expected that people posting there are sympathetic to the ideas of liberal theology.

If you're looking for a place to disagree with liberal theology and critique it, a forum like General Theology might be more appropriate.

• Agree
Upvote 0

WonbyOneanddone

Oct 14, 2020
ohio
✟34,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So a forum where Christ prostates himself before the democrat party?

Sounds like a new religion is needed, in fact, one has already be formed it seems

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So a forum where Christ prostates himself before the democrat party?

Think Schleiermacher, maybe Rauschenbusch, maybe Barth, depending on exactly how you define "liberal". Note that only one of those three theologians was American.

Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I believe many of the ideas you want to discuss would violate the rules for the Liberal forum. It follows the same rules of orthodoxy as other congregational forums. So universalism is in theory not allowed, as well as other things one might expect in a liberal forum. (There is a controversial theology forum here some of that can be do pne.) In practice it isn’t really useful for discussing contemporary theology. In practice the liberal forum is useful mostly for politically liberal ideas, but there are now better forums for that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Nobody is going to drop what they believe because of some post.

• Optimistic
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Nobody is going to drop what they believe because of some post.
No doubt! If someone can't change their views looking at 2,000 years worth of history, tradition, and writings, nothing anyone says on a forum will do any good.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No doubt! If someone can't change their views looking at 2,000 years worth of history, tradition, and writings, nothing anyone says on a forum will do any good.

One can still be a Christian and believe the Bible is mostly incorrect... Theoretically.

...Same for the history and traditions.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
One can still be a Christian and believe the Bible is mostly incorrect... Theoretically.

...Same for the history and traditions.
Yes, some people do bear the cross of Pride.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.