Professor Stephen Hawkin’s final resting place...

Naomi4Christ

not a nutter
Site Supporter
Sep 15, 2005
✟269,195.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
...is Westminster Abbey, where his ashes will be interred following a Christian funeral at Cambridge University.

This is interesting as Professor Hawkin was a pronounced atheist. It goes to show that adamant atheists are still usually dispatched using Anglican rites, from which the bereaved draw great comfort.

This is not unusual in England. When people poo-poo church attendance, it is clear that life events - hatches, matches and dispatches - find a home within the Church of England.

Hawking's ashes to be interred at abbey

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: archer75

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
...is Westminster Abbey, where his ashes will be interred following a Christian funeral at Cambridge University.

This is interesting as Professor Hawkin’s was a pronounced atheist. It goes to show that adamant atheists are still usually dispatched using Anglican rites, from which the bereaved draw great comfort.

This is not unusual in England. When people poo-poo church attendance, it is clear that life events - hatches, matches and dispatches - find a home within the Church of England.

That amazes me. It pleases me though
it is puzzling too.
Its like a friend of mine who does not believe in God but wants a christian church burial.
Also like so many people who are not believers or church goers but who do want a white wedding in church. I cannot find the logic.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

This is interesting as Professor Hawkin was a pronounced atheist. It goes to show that adamant atheists are still usually dispatched using Anglican rites, from which the bereaved draw great comfort.

Where they bury him is irrelevant to his eternal destiny.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married