Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
And people wonder why certain groups are being declared "domestic terrorists"...

That might be what US people are wondering. The rest of us are wondering about a country where campuses are under constant threats of violence from multiple sources.

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Opinion | ‘Professor told he’s not safe on campus after college protests’ at Evergreen State University (Washington)

White staff and students at a college were "encouraged" to leave campus for a day as part of a protest, but a white professor ignored it and held class as normal.

Now the police are telling him that his life is in danger and it's not safe for him on campus.

And people wonder why certain groups are being declared "domestic terrorists"...

"A day without whites" How racist can we possibly get? The universities are going to implode.

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
"A day without whites" How racist can we possibly get? The universities are going to implode.

At this point, I'm hoping that trade schools start making a comeback. The smart ones need to be advertising themselves as no-nonsense alternatives to the nonsense going on at colleges.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Their parents must be so proud to have made sacrifices to pay tens of thousands on college fees so these idiots can screech slogans at their professors

Universities are literally making people dumber, and taking their money to add insult to injury.

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I read the article and it was shoddy reporting in the sense that I dont' quite know the story...

As near as I can tell, there is a minority group protesting and calling for all whites to leave campus for a day?

Or is it the administration calling for all whites to leave campus for a day?

Regardless, that is wrong.

If there is a problem, sure, students have the right to protest. But no group has the right or authority to order another group not to be on campus. And this goes double for a racially motivated order regardless of race...

I did read the professors letter, very eloquent and I stand behind him (for whatever that is worth, admittedly not much)

Dear Rashida,

When you first described the new structure for Day of Absence / Day of Presence at a past faculty meeting (where no room was left for questions), I thought I must have misunderstood what you said. Later emails seemed to muddy the waters further, while inviting commitments to participate. I now see from the boldfaced text in this email that I had indeed understood your words correctly.

There is a huge difference between a group or coalition deciding to voluntarily absent themselves from a shared space in order to highlight their vital and under-appreciated roles (the theme of the Douglas Turner Ward play Day of Absence, as well as the recent Women’s Day walkout), and a group or coalition encouraging another group to go away. The first is a forceful call to consciousness which is, of course, crippling to the logic of oppression. The second is a show of force, and an act of oppression in and of itself.

You may take this letter as a formal protest of this year’s structure, and you may assume I will be on campus on the Day of Absence. I would encourage others to put phenotype aside and reject this new formulation, whether they have ‘registered’ for it already or not. On a college campus, one’s right to speak — or to be — must never be based on skin color.

If there was interest in a public presentation and discussion of race through a scientific / evolutionary lens, I would be quite willing to organize such an event (it is material I have taught in my own programs, and guest lectured on at Evergreen and elsewhere). Everyone would be equally welcome and encouraged to attend such a forum, irrespective of ethnicity, belief structure, native language, political leanings, or position at the college. My only requirement would be that people attend with an open mind, and a willingness to act in good faith.

If there is interest in such a event, please let me know …

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Some of these students decided, for some innocent reason I'm sure, to pose with baseball bats:

H0e8jOc.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,716.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Some of these students decided, for some innocent reason I'm sure, to pose with baseball bats:

You got a legit source for that image? The only places Google is showing it are 4chan and reddit. I looked through about 3 years of Bill Nye's instagram posts and couldn't find it there.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
You got a legit source for that image? The only places Google is showing it are 4chan and reddit. I looked through about 3 years of Bill Nye's instagram posts and couldn't find it there.

Look at the videos of Evergreen students threatening and harassing the professor and/or faculty president, and then look at the photo. As for the name, it isn't Bill Nye the Science Guy. It's a popular name on Instagram.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
THIS You tube video does a good and humorous job explaining the situation. BTW they had to close the school again today.

Sick. These people, across the entire nation, not just there, have lost their freekin minds.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,716.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Look at the videos of Evergreen students threatening and harassing the professor and/or faculty president, and then look at the photo. As for the name, it isn't Bill Nye the Science Guy. It's a popular name on Instagram.

You're gonna have to be more specific than that. I just looked at a bunch of videos and they're all poor quality, shaky, and out of focus. Most have also been chopped up and commentated-on by youtubers. I think I found one video that showed the black girl from behind, but that's it - I can't make out much of anything in most of them.

Upvote 0