louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i dont know how to bring Jesus in my life anymore. i dont know how to have a relationship with him. i know some say you should spend time in the word and just with him. but i want it to be more then that and i dont really know how to spend time with someone who i feel doesnt really notice me... i dont know how to get him to see i love him and i do care. i feel inadequate with this. and i have this really bad thing where i get these thoughts that keep consuming me that keeps telling me he doesnt care about me or love me so why should you even try....and its not just that i really messed up with God so i just feel like everything with God is just over and theres no way that will ever be fixed. But its Jesus i am starting really to think about and afraid of losing.i dont know why i say losing because i probably never really had him because i never tried to bring him in my life or truly show him i love him. but im realizing i i really do love him and I really love God but its Jesus that i really need hope and want in my life, who i want to notice me. who i truly love..i feel like i am nothing in his eyes especially because of what happened with God. i mean if God hates me now why wouldnt Jesus hate me too..and its not just that, i hate who ive become...

• Prayers
Reactions: “Paisios”

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
one thing I've noticed lately is most thought when they're being constructed in the subconscious begin with "what I want" then "add reason" (such as scripture maybe) then "Ask God to Approve it"

I find myself having to take my thoughts captive and praying for God to transform the thoughts so God is placed first speaking, then just trust God to take it from there.

hope you find what you're looking for in Him, some of what you're saying reminds me of my own flesh when it struggles with me, it just wants to be noticed but God and flesh cannot be at peace with one another, this is why we are born again and given a new nature that is cultivated by trust, and living by trust.

not saying it's easy. but that's what helped me.

Reactions: Jenniferdiana
Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
If you walk away from a campfire in the woods, it gets colder and darker the further you go. If you turn back around towards the campfire and start walking towards it, things get brighter and warmer. I think God's love is something like that, it's not conditional, it's always there no matter how far away you get, you can always see it and turn around toward it, you always know the way home.

And if it seems like it's too far, don't despair:

Luke 15:20

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
i know. But its just this thing im going through with God. its the most terrible thing ive ever experienced in my life. i understand about the campfire thing, i just wish i didnt mess with the fire...
Personally, I am of the opinion that too many people with the best of intentions fill the minds of other people with talk about Jesus being your pal, of hearing God's voice, of being led by the hand in every last and little thing that happens in daily life, and that nothing you ask for can possibly not come to pass.

Such exaggerated talk causes people who pray for something and do not wind up feeling connected afterwards wondering if they're lost and unloved by God. What a shame.

We believe in Jesus because he proved himself to be what he said he was. And he said to TRUST him and NOT TO WORRY.

That's hard to do, but this is his own directive to his true followers. You believe in him; now trust him and do not doubt that he will come through for you, even if it's not in exactly the way you think he should or will do it, and even if it is not immediate. You have much to accomplish in this life as a follower of the Lord. Busy yourself with it and trust that he will do for and with you what he has promised. It is much more than any of us can imagine.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i dont know how to bring Jesus in my life anymore. i dont know how to have a relationship with him. i know some say you should spend time in the word and just with him. but i want it to be more then that and i dont really know how to spend time with someone who i feel doesnt really notice me... i dont know how to get him to see i love him and i do care. i feel inadequate with this. and i have this really bad thing where i get these thoughts that keep consuming me that keeps telling me he doesnt care about me or love me so why should you even try....and its not just that i really messed up with God so i just feel like everything with God is just over and theres no way that will ever be fixed. But its Jesus i am starting really to think about and afraid of losing.i dont know why i say losing because i probably never really had him because i never tried to bring him in my life or truly show him i love him. but im realizing i i really do love him and I really love God but its Jesus that i really need hope and want in my life, who i want to notice me. who i truly love..i feel like i am nothing in his eyes especially because of what happened with God. i mean if God hates me now why wouldnt Jesus hate me too..and its not just that, i hate who ive become...
Remember that line in the orignal Star Wars, "Trust your feelings, Luke."?

Well, don't. That is the exact opposite of what the Word teaches. Feelings are fleeting, no matter how good or bad your situation. What matters is Trust and Faith.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yeah i know. i understand. Although, I did a lot of bad things, i feel like God doesnt have faith in me....
You really ought not feel that way. Not according to all that the Bible teaches on the subject. However, it's human nature to feel as you do. I was merely asking you to not give in to it even if the thought remains in the back of your mind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i know albion. thanks. i just have a lot of major and weird problems right now, like when i pray, im not sure who to pray to anymore because of God being angry with me, i am just trying to get to Jesus, because i want him to hear me and know how im really feeling right now...i know, what i am writing sounds weird...but i dont know how else to explain it...i think my problem is my instinct on things and the thoughts in my head..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah i know. i understand. Although, I did a lot of bad things, i feel like God doesnt have faith in me....

Sometimes something we already know, or know part of, or forgot, or simply haven't heard for a while can really help. I want to offer you the entire short first chapter of 1 John, because this is so helpful to me, and helped me when I felt guilty, because He can release you from that guilt! I offer the entire chapter, because all of it helps me. And I suggest you continue after reading it, soon, to continue in 1 John, and then more, like Isaiah chapter 55! (especially that one), and then also begin reading through Matthew or John, a gospel. So much for you and me, so much.

1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life. 2 The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us. 3 We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ. 4 We write this to make our joy complete.

Light and Darkness, Sin and Forgiveness

5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 6 If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

If we confess, He forgives!!

Oh, what love.

chapter 2 continues --> 1 John 2 NIV

Upvote 0
Sep 1, 2012
France
✟105,906.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i understand but it would be really easy for me to start over if i knew he loved me and still care about me.
Hi JenniferD - reading your posts I can just imagine God sighing to his angels and saying, "I feel like Jennifer Diana doesn't have faith in me. Either she's not hearing what I'm telling her or she's not believing it. What can we do? The angels look at one another and ..." But then that's just my imagination running a bit wild.
Dear lass, trusting in Him, the Living God, we walk by faith not by feelings. Your 'messups' are not something too big, too awful, that He cannot and has not already dealt with them on that bloody cross.
You need to understand that God The Son and God The Father are One with The Holy Spirit. Their 'feelings' for you are the same, love and a desire that you know Their Peace.
With love
><>
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.
Matthew 11:28-30

Upvote 0