• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Problems With My Mental Health Team

Faith712

Jan 3, 2012
✟29,549.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone, I hope you guys are doing well! :wave:

I am schizoaffective and am having trouble with my mental health team.

My mental health team is made of a medicine prescribing nurse, a therapist, and a social worker. Medicaid pays them for me.

I have big problems with my nurse and therapist. My therapist talks about what I tell her to her colleagues and somehow it spreads to the small hick town I live in. She talks about me and is just ugly and is not a friendly person. She does not want to help me.

My nurse does not know what she is doing. I remember one time I was hospitalized and when I got back from the hospital she tried to reverse what the hospital did and put me back on medicines that did not work. I have these episodes in which my eyes won't stop rolling back in my head. Thd doctor at the hospital said this is due to being on anti psychotic so long but my nurse says its medical and won't even try to treat it. However, the doctor at the hospital prescribed something for it and treated it.

My social worker is fine. I dont have a lot of things she can help me with.

So that's it. I dont know whether or not I should find different services. People are e going to be people and I dont know whether or not I should try to make it with this team or what.

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sorry for your problems, may I suggest talking with your social worker and with your own doctor.
They are both part of your medical support team and may be able to get you another therapist and nurse.

The down side is they may not and could make things worse. If you don't try things won't get any better.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello everyone, I hope you guys are doing well! :wave:

I am schizoaffective and am having trouble with my mental health team.

My mental health team is made of a medicine prescribing nurse, a therapist, and a social worker. Medicaid pays them for me.

I have big problems with my nurse and therapist. My therapist talks about what I tell her to her colleagues and somehow it spreads to the small hick town I live in. She talks about me and is just ugly and is not a friendly person. She does not want to help me.

My nurse does not know what she is doing. I remember one time I was hospitalized and when I got back from the hospital she tried to reverse what the hospital did and put me back on medicines that did not work. I have these episodes in which my eyes won't stop rolling back in my head. Thd doctor at the hospital said this is due to being on anti psychotic so long but my nurse says its medical and won't even try to treat it. However, the doctor at the hospital prescribed something for it and treated it.

My social worker is fine. I dont have a lot of things she can help me with.

So that's it. I dont know whether or not I should find different services. People are e going to be people and I dont know whether or not I should try to make it with this team or what.

I'm not a doctor so take what I say with a grain of salt but those medications are dangerous and you should be careful. If they work then fine but if you even suspect they aren't working talk to your doctor about stopping. Don't just assume they know what's best for you. I had a doctor treat me for a year telling me that I was just stressed and feeding me useless medication. The very first day with doctor number two I found out that I had leukemia. All she did was look at my file and shake her head.

Upvote 0

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟168,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private