loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pro-Trump ad takes Obama out of context
A pro-Trump Facebook ad says that Obama said black people have the "worst jobs, the worst housing" and face rampant police brutality, "but when so-called black committeemen came around election time we’d all line up and vote the straight Democratic ticket, sell our souls for a Christmas turkey."

While Obama did say those words, they were not his own. In his book "Dreams from my Father," Obama was describing a conversation with a Chicago barber who remembered African-Americans helping elect Chicago’s first mayor.

The ad creates an impression that Obama said that Democrats ignored the perils faced by black voters and then black voters turned around and automatically voted for them anyway. In reality, a Chicago barber told Obama that, but then said the Chicago mayor’s race showed that turning out to vote can make a difference.

We rate this claim Pants on Fire!
tulc(will just leave this here) :wave:

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
HI tulc,

Personally, I find it laughable that Trump still thinks his opponent is Barack Obama. Just shows me how strong and gracious President Obama's legacy is that Trump, now some 3.5 years after he left office and is no longer even eligible to run against Trump, still feels it important to make up lies to knock President Obama down a few notches to make him more level with Trump. Somehow, I just can't ever envision the day that Barack Obama will be lower than or equal to Donald Trump. President Obama's moral values and gracious attitude are just so far out of Donald Trump's reach that it ain't even funny.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

• Informative
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0