Not open for further replies.

george78

Loathed
Aug 4, 2005
✟17,138.00
Faith
Utrecht
http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2006/apr/06041005.html

VANCOUVER, April 10, 2006 (LifeSiteNews.com) - On Friday afternoon April 7, 2006 a pro-life demonstrator was viciously assaulted by an unknown assailant. Rose Mawhorter, a member of the executive of Campaign Life Coalition BC, was protesting with graphic images across the street from Vancouver's notorious abortion clinic, Everywomans Health Center at the corner of Broadway St. and Commercial Drive when she was attacked from behind and thrown violently to the ground.

--------------

But On this very forum it is insisted that pro-aborts NEVER do this kind of stuff.

george78

Loathed
Aug 4, 2005
✟17,138.00
Faith
Utrecht
So one person gets attacked and that's an indictment of an entire side to the debate? that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

There are far more pro-abort attacks on pro-lifers than this example. I posted this here merely because on this board it is claimed by quite a few that pro-aborts NEVER do this kind of stuff.

Upvote 0

apaige

Apr 9, 2006
✟15,206.00
Faith
Seeker
Just wondering, but could that be because pro-life protesting tactics are a lot more in-your-face than pro-choice rallies? I've seen plenty of annoying pro-choice protests...but not nearly as aggravating as pro-life tactics, and I'm pro-life. I've seen a pro-life activist get pushed around during a Democratic rally, but he was holding a 6 ft high picture of a dismembered fetus in the middle of the crowd. If an anti-war protestor held up a 6-ft picture of an Iraqi child with its head blown off in the middle of a public rally for Bush, how long do you think that protestor would last?

Maybe pro-choicers have big pictures of women with their uteruses ripped out from backalley abortions...I haven't seen any yet, in all my years on earth. I have been told I'd be going to hell by some Missionaries for the Unborn, merely because I was showing a little leg on a day.

Upvote 0

george78

Loathed
Aug 4, 2005
✟17,138.00
Faith
Utrecht
I am curious to hear more about this case. This is the first I have heard of such an incident.

http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2006/mar/06033104.html

CALGARY, Alberta, March 31, 2006 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Pro-abortion protestors at the University of Calgary dumped bags of cow manure in front of the Campus for Life Genocide Awareness Project on Tuesday.

[FONT=Arial,Courier]
San Francisco -- Assault (2 incidents) and Death Threat

On February 3, 2001, members of the pro-life group Voice For Life were peacefully protesting in front of the Sutter Maternity & Surgery Center abortion chamber in Santa Cruz, California.
37-year-old pro-abortionist James Wilson was arrested after he punched and kicked two of the pro-lifers. The Santa Cruz County Sheriff's Office said Wilson also brandished a knife and told one protester he was going to stab him.
"Pro-Choice Protestor Assaults Pro-Life Advocates." San Jose Mercury News, February 5, 2001

[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Courier]Boston -- Assault (3 incidents), Death Threat, Vandalism and Destruction of Property

Students Matt Progen and Dave Peterson spent nearly $200 of their own money to set up a display of 160 white crosses symbolizing the number of abortions performed every hour in the United States at the University of Massachusetts.
The day after the display was set up, several pro-life students who were guarding the display were physically assaulted by pro-abortionists who cannot stand free speech they disagree with. The pro-aborts were trying to tear down the crosses in broad daylight, and punched and pushed the pro-lifers who tried to stop their vandalism. One pro-abortionist even threatened a pro-life woman with a hammer.
Two days later, pro-aborts destroyed the entire display, either breaking the crosses or throwing them into a nearby garbage can. As expected, the University of Massachusetts authorities refused to take action against the pro-abortion students who had threatened and assaulted the pro-lifers, but threatened the pro-lifers with Code of Student Conduct violations because they did not go through the proper channels to put up the display.
The morning after the pro-life display was destroyed, Progen stood at the site for six hours in the cold with police tape on his mouth, and a sign on his chest reading "Silenced by the Radical Left." He says the display has prompted many of his fellow students on campus to question rather than accept abortion.
Jim Brown and Rusty Pugh. "Pro-Life `Cross' Display at UMass Evokes Physical Threats, Vandalism." Agape Press, April 22, 2003.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Courier]Trenton -- Assault (2 incidents)

Abortionist Elrick Murray assaulted pro-life picketers Edie Tucker and Michael A. Lawson in front of his home in May 1991. Murray was convicted of assault in Westfield municipal court, and later lost a $15,000 lawsuit to the pro-lifers.
John Hassell. "Arguments Heard in 3 Abortion Protestor Cases." Asbury Park Press [New Jersey], October 26, 1993, page A3.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Courier]JANEZIC: In 1993, pro-abortion activist Eileen Orstein Janezic murdered pro-life activist minister and radio talk show host Jerry Simon in Huntsville, Alabama. After killing Simon, she held police at bay with a pistol for six hours while spouting quotes from Anton LaVey's "Satanic Bible." In October 1994, a jury found her guilty of murder, and she was sentenced to life in prison.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Courier]LOOPER: Pro-abortionist Byron Looper, a Monterey, Tennessee county property assessor running against pro-life state Senator Tommy Burks, shot Burks in the left eye with a large-caliber handgun near a pumpkin patch where he planned to take schoolchildren on a hayride that same day. A witness said that Looper told him after the murder that "I did it, man, I did it! I killed that dude!"[/FONT]

ZV-02.JPG

Upvote 0

Aidan Pryde

Jul 10, 2005
✟601.00
Faith
Atheist
apaige said:
Just wondering, but could that be because pro-life protesting tactics are a lot more in-your-face than pro-choice rallies?
That was my first thought as well, even if this incident is true (and since I can't find any such story on any news sites It's likely that it isn't true) it's probably a case of someone who has been constantly harassed by anti-abortion folk finally getting fed up and hitting back.

Upvote 0

george78

Loathed
Aug 4, 2005
✟17,138.00
Faith
Utrecht
Maybe pro-choicers have big pictures of women with their uteruses ripped out from backalley abortions...I haven't seen any yet, in all my years on earth.

These are some of the more tame images from a pro-abort rally. I couldn't link some of the other images here without violating forum rules. (Vulgar & Explicit would be an understatement.)

And these are not in your face???

IMG_2266.jpg

IMG_2285.jpg
IMG_2286.jpg

IMG_2280.jpg

IMG_2281.jpg

Upvote 0

george78

Loathed
Aug 4, 2005
✟17,138.00
Faith
Utrecht
That was my first thought as well, even if this incident is true (and since I can't find any such story on any news sites It's likely that it isn't true) it's probably a case of someone who has been constantly harassed by anti-abortion folk finally getting fed up and hitting back.

Oh, how nice, just accuse people of being liars (despite video & police evidence) because it doesn't fit with an agenda.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well, that map is interesting.

Somehow I had figured there was violence on both sides, but this map has something more interesting.

Notice how the numbers are fairly meager. Now look at NYC. 524 Medical crimes???!!!! I think I know a place that could use some investigation and reform.

Some of your examples it seems like the people just happened to be on opposite sides of the issue and it wasn't the centerpiece of the violence. But nonetheless some of them do demonstrate your point.

You probably would remember the Pro-choice (heck I might even call it pro-abortion) "educational" video that was in the news a year or so ago. I think it was made in San Francisco. If you haven't, look it up george, and this behavior won't be so surprising (not that you seem to find it so anyhow).

Any issue as heated as this is unfortunately bound to spark violence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Edit: still looking at sources, information appears someone dubious at this time.

I really don't think it should surprise anyone. People get angry and they get stupid. People are angry on either side of the issue, so we end up with a mess that is seen on both sides.

Upvote 0

george78

Loathed
Aug 4, 2005
✟17,138.00
Faith
Utrecht

You probably would remember the Pro-choice (heck I might even call it pro-abortion) "educational" video that was in the news a year or so ago. I think it was made in San Francisco. If you haven't, look it up george, and this behavior won't be so surprising (not that you seem to find it so anyhow).

Do you have a link for this, or any more info? I haven't heard about this one.

Upvote 0

Doctrine1st

Official nitwit
Oct 11, 2002
Seattle
Visit site
✟12,523.00
Faith
Politics
US-Others
Considering the OP's source. Please take with a large grain of salt.

Take for instance the "LOOPER: Pro-abortionist Byron Looper" story. He may have inconceivably killed his opponent, but they are trying to give the impression it had to do with their competing abortion stances.

The other articles are so old I cannot even find a decent source to take a look see, but I am sure half truths reign at the OP's site.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Do you have a link for this, or any more info? I haven't heard about this one.

Looking, but I am going to sleep soon.

The video is misleading, slanderous, and borders on advocating violence against pro-lifers.

Many others here would remember it. I'm pro-choice and it made my skin crawl, let me put it that way.

Upvote 0

Aidan Pryde

Jul 10, 2005
✟601.00
Faith
Atheist
george78 said:
Oh, how nice, just accuse people of being liars (despite video & police evidence) because it doesn't fit with an agenda.

What video evidence? What police evidence? I can't find a single news source that mentions any incident remotely like the one discribed. Do you have a link to this video? or any other shred of evidence that could support this story?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

george78

Loathed
Aug 4, 2005
✟17,138.00
Faith
Utrecht
You didn't read the story I take it:

The perpetrator did not know the entire incident was captured on video tape. The tape has been turned over to the Vancouver Police department who said they would have no trouble identifying the suspect.
Within minutes of the assault, four police cars arrived and spent considerable resources combing nearby streets in an attempt to locate the suspect. Statements were taken from several witnesses and the video tape and Rose's signs were turned over as evidence.

Upvote 0

Aidan Pryde

Jul 10, 2005
✟601.00
Faith
Atheist
You didn't read my post I take it, where is this video evidence? It's not enough to simply claim there is video evidence. You have to back it up. Either posting a link to said video evidence or providing a link to a reputable news source that confirms the existance of the supposed video evidence.

Upvote 0

Thirst_For_Knowledge

I Am A New Title
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
Visit site
✟8,524.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
george78 said:
You didn't read the story I take it:

The perpetrator did not know the entire incident was captured on video tape. The tape has been turned over to the Vancouver Police department who said they would have no trouble identifying the suspect.
Within minutes of the assault, four police cars arrived and spent considerable resources combing nearby streets in an attempt to locate the suspect. Statements were taken from several witnesses and the video tape and Rose's signs were turned over as evidence.

You may be missing the point. This is from Lifesite, which often posts untrue stories to further their agenda. Them claiming that there is evidence, or that this really happened, doesn't make it true.

When I see this somewhere else, I will believe it, and hope that these people get the same exact punishment that immoral prolifers get for their evil crimes.

Upvote 0

BlessedMan

Veteran
Apr 29, 2004
✟9,838.00
Faith
Christian
apaige said:
So one person gets attacked and that's an indictment of an entire side to the debate? that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

So one abortion doctor gets attacked by a pro-lifer and that's an indictment of an entire side to the debate? that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hmmm. The source I found, the Interim, appeared to be credible on the surface, but now I see it is just an extension of lifesite. Trying to dig up some other sources. I see a lot of incidents, but none I can confirm. Many of the names don't even show up on meta searches.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.