Pro Life Trump says he was “cured” of COVID-19 from medicine made from aborted fetal tissue.

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟997,521.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I have no problems with this. There are no women out there anywhere whose purpose in having such abortions is to have medical science harvest the cells in order to create such medications. I just think it's a good thing that something positive can come from the destruction of prospective human life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,077,085.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump may well have paid for abortions in his time. It's his policies as President that matter.
I certainly don't doubt that! He even told Howard Stern on an existing radio tape that he had wanted Marla Maples to abort Tiffany.
A malignant narcissist has no room in his heart for God--much less anyone other than himself.

Upvote 0

Gole

Oct 6, 2020
Carolinas
✟12,129.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I have no problems with this. There are no women out there anywhere whose purpose in having such abortions is to have medical science harvest the cells in order to create such medications. I just think it's a good thing that something positive can come from the destruction of prospective human life.

And you are not alone. It appears that most of us receiving childhood vacinations were getting shots derived from fetal tissue. Here's a good overview of the history and why: Human Cell Strains in Vaccine Development | History of Vaccines. What is important to note is that the drug companies have been using the same lines of regerated cells for decades and are not using new fetal tissue.

Also, the morality of using cells derived from fetal tissue has been bandied about quite a bit. It wasn't something that I thought much about, but apparently the Catholic Church has. They don't see it as immoral to use such vaccines though they recommend using vaccines not derived from fetal lines where possible (https://mycatholicdoctor.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/vaticanresponse1.pdf). It is actually a good read. My summation does not do it justice.

As for the Regeneron itself, in a quote from the company (Trump’s antibody treatment was tested using cells originally derived from an abortion), testing was done on a line of fetal cells that originated in the 1970s but no fetal cels were used in the vaccine itself. They did not go out and buy an aborted baby from Planned Parenthood. They used cells that had been dividing themselves for years.

As this is a Christian forum, though, the story that comes to mind for me is that of Joseph and being sold into slavery. "But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but G-d meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive." (Gen 50:20 KJV). Being sold into slavery was, without a doubt, evil, but G-d used that to save thousands upon thousands of lives. The abortion of the babies that started the cell lines used in vaccines was without a doubt evil, but the vaccines that have been developed from them have been used to save millions if not hundreds of millions of lives. It is a prime example of G-d using something evil for good.

It is also a good example of researching something before you decide. Just because a headline sounds lurid may not mean that is actually what is presented. The world is not exclusively black and white.

• Winner
Reactions: Nevada Smith
Upvote 0

Nevada Smith

Sep 20, 2020
Paxton
✟14,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I found this pro life website. They have some interesting information about aborted fetal tissue and vaccines. Children of God for Life
It seems a lot of us may be alive today because of vaccines developed using aborted fetal tissue.

ABORTED FETAL CELL LINE PRODUCTS FOR USA & CANADA - AND ETHICAL ALTERNATIVES (UPDATED JUNE 2020)
https://cogforlife.org/wp-content/uploads/vaccineListOrigFormat.pdf

For those with a biochemical or medical background that are following COVID-19 vaccines development they published a list of those institutes and companies that are using aborted fetal tissues and those that are not in their research.

Covid-19 Vaccines and Treatments in Development - Updated Oct 9, 2020
https://cogforlife.org/wp-content/uploads/CovidCompareMoralImmoral.pdf

As is often the case most news sources sensationalize their headlines to get our attention. The less honest push their agenda in the headlines then bury the facts somewhere in the story.

The cells used to develop the drug are known as HEK-293T cells, a line of cells used in laboratories. The cells were originally derived from an embryonic kidney after an elective abortion performed in the Netherlands in the 1970s. HEK-293 cells are one of the most commonly used cell lines in laboratories across a wide array of research.
Covid drug given to Trump developed using cells derived from an abortion

Upvote 0

Nevada Smith

Sep 20, 2020
Paxton
✟14,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And you are not alone. It appears that most of us receiving childhood vacinations were getting shots derived from fetal tissue. Here's a good overview of the history and why: Human Cell Strains in Vaccine Development | History of Vaccines. What is important to note is that the drug companies have been using the same lines of regerated cells for decades and are not using new fetal tissue.

Also, the morality of using cells derived from fetal tissue has been bandied about quite a bit. It wasn't something that I thought much about, but apparently the Catholic Church has. They don't see it as immoral to use such vaccines though they recommend using vaccines not derived from fetal lines where possible (https://mycatholicdoctor.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/vaticanresponse1.pdf). It is actually a good read. My summation does not do it justice.

As for the Regeneron itself, in a quote from the company (Trump’s antibody treatment was tested using cells originally derived from an abortion), testing was done on a line of fetal cells that originated in the 1970s but no fetal cels were used in the vaccine itself. They did not go out and buy an aborted baby from Planned Parenthood. They used cells that had been dividing themselves for years.

As this is a Christian forum, though, the story that comes to mind for me is that of Joseph and being sold into slavery. "But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but G-d meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive." (Gen 50:20 KJV). Being sold into slavery was, without a doubt, evil, but G-d used that to save thousands upon thousands of lives. The abortion of the babies that started the cell lines used in vaccines was without a doubt evil, but the vaccines that have been developed from them have been used to save millions if not hundreds of millions of lives. It is a prime example of G-d using something evil for good.

It is also a good example of researching something before you decide. Just because a headline sounds lurid may not mean that is actually what is presented. The world is not exclusively black and white.
People tend to forget how dangerous it was growing up in the past.

14 Diseases You Almost Forgot About (Thanks to Vaccines)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,077,085.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
He has praying and fasting for the conversion of Madonna and Brittany Spears, because he thinks that Madonna's conversion would have a huge effect on the world.

I haven't heard Madonna's name in years. I know that she has converted to a mystical Jewish sect called the Kabbalah, so obviously she does have a strong spiritual practice.

She isn't acting out as she did many years ago, so perhaps this is due to her spiritual practice.

Upvote 0

DaveISBA

Mar 1, 2020
Richmond
✟33,586.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The articles about this begs the question was Trump even aware of this? From reading the different articles plus his proclaiming it to be a “miracles coming down from God,” there is no indication that he was!
There is no fetal tissue used in the medication itself therefore the despicable use of aborted fetal tissue lays at the feet of those laboratories that did the research not the people who produce the medication! There's something that can be said about taking that which is evil and turning it into something that is good and saves lives!
Besides what's more important to Christians...what kind of medication he takes or that Trump has consistently sought to restrict abortion?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DaveISBA

Mar 1, 2020
Richmond
✟33,586.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Trump's treatment was from aborted fedal tissue was found not to be true.
Absolutely! If you go to the link listed on the thread, the headline is: "the Fetal Tissue Research Trump Opposes Used To (Develop) Antibody Therapy’'
An article in the link stated the the therapy was "(tested) by employing a fetal tissue cell". No where is there any suggestion that medicine was made from aborted fetal tissue!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaveISBA

Mar 1, 2020
Richmond
✟33,586.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Is President Donald Trump Really Pro-Life? - Fr. Jonathan Meyer - 1.26.2020 [snip]
21 years ago in 1999 he said he was pro-choise? I guess according to you nobody can have a change of heart? There are a number of ex-abortionists who have come forward and announced they have had conversions to the pro-life position...why not Donald Trump? In fact the priest in your video agreed that "people can change"!
As a pro-lifer, what are his actions? From his detractors on the thread's link He imposed "restrictions on federal funding of fetal tissue research." "Trump has consistently sought to restrict abortion access".

Upvote 0