Xpycoctomos

Aug 15, 2004
Midwest
✟13,419.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Of course they wouldn't play it. Do you really want to offend people with such a controversial message as this one to have the audacity to suggest that all life is of equal value regardless of the struggles they face? How insensitive can you guys be!

Upvote 0

Musa80

Veteran
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
✟10,191.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Of course they wouldn't play it. Do you really want to offend people with such a controversial message as this one to have the audacity to suggest that all life is of equal value regardless of the struggles they face? How insensitive can you guys be!

I heard the excuse was that they didn't want to air any "political" commercials, and yet they approved a PETA commercial. Good to see people in my country have their priorities in order :doh:

Upvote 0

Xpycoctomos

Aug 15, 2004
Midwest
✟13,419.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I heard the excuse was that they didn't want to air any "political" commercials, and yet they approved a PETA commercial. Good to see people in my country have their priorities in order :doh:
I heard they didn't approve it. Did you see it. I didn't watch.... football bores me as much as ballet.

Upvote 0

Musa80

Veteran
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
✟10,191.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
They didn't approve the PETA commercial due to its sexually provocative nature.

Well that's good to know. I stand, at least partially, corrected. Although, they did at least consider it, whereas the Pro-Life commercial didn't even have a chance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Julina

Veteran
Apr 14, 2008
New Joisey
Visit site
✟18,285.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
i was about to say, i did not see a PETA commercial.
while i do think that this might have been a real slap in the face for Obama, there's no way it would have been aired. the pro-choicers would want to air an ad, too, and i don't think any of us want to have a political debate during the superbowl.

Upvote 0

Musa80

Veteran
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
✟10,191.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
i was about to say, i did not see a PETA commercial.
while i do think that this might have been a real slap in the face for Obama, there's no way it would have been aired. the pro-choicers would want to air an ad, too, and i don't think any of us want to have a political debate during the superbowl.

Meh. I'd rather watch a political debate than the Arizona Cardinals. That's where once good players go to die.

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

The PETA commercial was highly offensive. I saw nothing in that commercial for catholicvote that was even remotely offensive, that is unless you are on the anti-life left.

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Meh. I'd rather watch a political debate than the Arizona Cardinals. That's where once good players go to die.

Larry Fitzgerald is a pretty good player! The Steelers had to do everything they could to stop him, and even that was barely good enough!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Julina

Veteran
Apr 14, 2008
New Joisey
Visit site
✟18,285.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
How would a PETA ad be sexually provocative? :confused:
if you do a google image search for PETA, even with the filter on, all the of the results on the first page are incredibly (and unnecessarily) risque. and i am not exaggerating when i say ALL of the results on the FIRST page.

Upvote 0

Giantsbran1227

The Sinner.
Feb 18, 2008
USA
Visit site
✟16,432.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Im hoping that this is sarcasm....

Great commercial by the way!

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The PETA ad that was rejected involved models in lingerie rubbing vegetables all over themselves and at the end it said "Vegetarians have better sex." The ad gave the impression the women were lusting over the vegetables.

Thank God that ad did not air. It was perverse, sick and disgusting.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.