Pro-Life Ads on Ontario Buses Vandalized by Abortion Supporters

george78

Loathed
Aug 4, 2005
✟17,138.00
Faith
Utrecht
http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2006/mar/06032711.html

GUELPH, March 27, 2006 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Two pro-life advertisements on city buses in Guelph, Ontario were vandalized last week. The ads, depicting a 19-week-old fetus with the caption "this is a child not a choice" and offering the phone number of a local crisis pregnancy centre, were defaced with black spray-paint. The phone number was blotted out and the word "CHOICE" was sprawled over the ad.

Futuwwa

Feb 8, 2006
✟5,284.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Well, to be honest, I wouldn't expect anything less than extreme actions from the most militant on both sides. After all, it's no trivial, insignificant issue. To the pro-lifers it's (literally) a matter of life and death, and to the pro-choicers it's a matter of a fundamental right.

Upvote 0

Futuwwa

Feb 8, 2006
✟5,284.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
jamesrwright3 said:
I like how the pro-choicers who seem to be all about individual rights can't grasp the simple concept of property rights.
Right, I didn't intend to make a debate entry on the issue itself, I just made a point about why it's understandable that people on both sides of the fence get extreme about the abortion issue.

Upvote 0
R

rebelEnigma

This vandalism is not an issue. People from both sides would start shouting about "well we're just trying to get our point across" or "you've done it too!"

Although, I would have expected them to show a little more creativity instead of writing "CHOICE." Perhaps something like "choose death" or "Maybe Immoral, but A Right It Is" or something like that.

Upvote 0

Mr.Pious

Senior Veteran
Dec 23, 2003
✟17,602.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
george78 said:
http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2006/mar/06032711.html

GUELPH, March 27, 2006 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Two pro-life advertisements on city buses in Guelph, Ontario were vandalized last week. The ads, depicting a 19-week-old fetus with the caption "this is a child not a choice" and offering the phone number of a local crisis pregnancy centre, were defaced with black spray-paint. The phone number was blotted out and the word "CHOICE" was sprawled over the ad.

Not that two wrongs make a right, but:
http://www.msnbc.com/modules/clinics/
Pro-lifers bombing abortion clinics....

Upvote 0

SallyNow

Blame it on the SOCK GNOMES!
May 14, 2004
Canada
✟18,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh no.

Bus ads vandalized. The horror! :sleep:

I do think it is sad that someone would blot out an ad for a valid, helpful service, thereby actually limiting the choices available...but newsworthy? Nope.

It's not at all unusual for bus ads to get covered over with graffiti. From mustaches to "S" being put in from of the word "exit" and the "it" blotted out, it's a pathetic but usual (and very occasionaly humourous) occurance.

Upvote 0

Futuwwa

Feb 8, 2006
✟5,284.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Mr.Pious said:
Not that two wrongs make a right, but:
http://www.msnbc.com/modules/clinics/
Pro-lifers bombing abortion clinics....

So? If I was convinced that abortion is murder, as well as convinced that pro-life terrorism actually made a difference, I might very well engage in it myself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mr.Pious

Senior Veteran
Dec 23, 2003
✟17,602.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
Janissary said:
So? If I was convinced that abortion is murder, as well as convinced that pro-life terrorism actually made a difference, I might very well engage in it myself.

Right, but saying pro-choice advocates are evil because a few decided it would be a good idea to vandalize a bus is the same as saying pro-life advocates are evil because a few decided to bomb a clinic.

Not only is there a world of difference between spray paint and bombs, most sane people don't agree with the decisons the vandalls or murders made. So to lump an entire ideology to a small groups actions is a dumb thing to do.

I don't consider you a terrorist because you are a muslim, and I hope you don't consider me to be a vandall because I am pro-choice.

Upvote 0

Letalis

Jun 7, 2004
Miami, FL
✟25,650.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Mr.Pious said:
Right, but saying pro-choice advocates are evil because a few decided it would be a good idea to vandalize a bus is the same as saying pro-life advocates are evil because a few decided to bomb a clinic.
Not one person in this thread has said that pro-choicers are evil because a few decided to vandalize a bus. Can you show me one post?

Upvote 0