Private lessons?

d1sturbanc3

Jul 25, 2004
✟7,612.00
Faith
Baptist
'll guess I'll start about me. I played keyboard and baritone through middle school and high school for 8 years. I took private lesson for the keyboard for at least 8 years from the classical style and did both symphonic and marching band. In my freshman and sophomore years through college, I was just too busy to do anything and stopped playing. In my Junior year, I decided to go out and actually buy a new keyboard, and I've been just messing around chords and playing by ear. In my senor year I picked guitar and just been messing around with it.

I tried to take lesson again in my junior year, but the teacher only taught me techniques on classical piano. I specifically told her, I want to learn to play by ear and chords. I wasn't against classical at all, but I just didn't have fun with it. I took a music theory class and liked it. Now I'm about a year out of college. One of my friend just introduced me to speech level singing, and I've been messing around that with scales vocal wise. I've also done a little relative and absolute pitch training.

I want to get better though I don't want the complete stress behind of it. Music is kind of my little sanctuary. I'm taking classes and working in the field of engineering and quite busy sometime. I figure the best way to get better is private lessons, but I don't know what to do look for.

I still play around with my guitar, keyboard, and some vocals pretty every night. I have limited time and energy to spend on it. What kind of lessons of some kind but don't know what to look for.