Senior Contributor
Dec 12, 2005
US
✟30,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm done talking here. If you women want respect, learn to give some.

That's a two way street you know. Men also have to learn to give respect before recieiving it, and right now some of them have not earned it. What Cons is going back and saying to those people is outrageously rude and disrepectful. HE does not deserve one lick of respect from any of us right now.

Upvote 0

Conservativation

Jun 18, 2009
✟13,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm confused a bit about the hiding of one's identity. Are you suggesting that the owner of the Dalrock site is a member here? Or suggesting that Dalrock and Cons are the same person? Neither is the case, of that I'm quite sure.

Im confused too, because the accusation that I made "personal attacks" and the like....I dont really have any idea, but yea, guilty as charged as far as posting at dalrock.

niffer I am well aware what you can do with the IP....you missed my point, I know how to do it too. whats the point?

The whole hiding this is silly, that blog gets 7000 hits a day or more. I had the same name there and for reasons unique to that forum, early on I changed it, had zero to do with hiding, heck its all there in my comments why I changed it, people assign nefarious reasons for no basis.

Anyway, I am not about to backpeddle here, this is a window into a world where yea, there are some crass things said, but I think thats just handy for the detractors to use to cast the real problems aside, which are very valid things that cannot be said here.

I find HUGE irony in people saying "why didnt you just say that here?" thats a hoot, a laugh, a joke.....men have tried for years here to speak of this stuff, they are then twisted to mean ridiculous things, that leads to an argument, thread gets closed. Repeat.

Come on folks. You chased people away.

Upvote 0

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm done talking here. If you women want respect, learn to give some.

I get plenty of respect..there are some however that it woudl absolutley TERRIFY me..if they respected me..so thier lack of respect for me..tells me Im on the RIGHT track..So just saying..dont worry about me at least..I get PLENTY of respect from the right people.:)

I guess the point is "women" want respect of course like everyone else..but WHOM they recieve it from can mean someting good OR something evil..depending..

Dallas

Upvote 0

Chaplain David

CF Chaplain
Nov 26, 2007
USA
✟284,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's a two way street you know. Men also have to learn to give respect before recieiving it, and right now some of them have not earned it. What Cons is going back and saying to those people is outrageously rude and disrepectful. HE does not deserve one lick of respect from any of us right now.

CHAPLAIN REMINDER

Your post seemed relevant for my remark but it is not being directed specifically at you. Bottom line is that we should not be directing personal or denigrating remarks to each other in posts. We should also not be talking about other poster's wrongs in our posts. We should be debating or discussing the topic, not the posters. I just want to remind everyone again, men and women, come on folks, let's post like we're supposed to.

I am available by pm and our Member services center (MSC) is always available for member complaints, concerns and suggestions.

God bless you.

God's blessings to everyone,

CH Sacerdote

Upvote 0
Apr 15, 2009
Canada
✟16,558.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I posted my concerns, and they were totally ignored, C1ners. So where exactly is the respect in that? By contrast, I have almost never been treated that way by the other men here, but I am consistently treated that way by most of the women here. My opinions are dismissed and not even responded to for the most part, and when they are often a single sentence is nit picked or used as reason to accuse me in some manner.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The real issue here, IMHO, is that some of you men actually agree with the MRA stuff. But you know you can't really get away with it openly. So you talk about it behind closed doors. But your attitudes spill over and, despite what you think, we can see the fruit of the bad teaching you guys have been swallowing. And when it's brought out into the light, you start pointing fingers, trying to get the attention away from the real issue.

The real issue is that there a serious lack of love.

And yeah, I know we women can get sharp tongued and defensive too. And we should work on that, repent for our hatred (if hatred we have) and respond with blessings when we're cursed.

But for Christ's sake - get the log out of your eye before you try digging the speck out of mine!
I agree.....that *is* the true issue.

BTW.....Dalrock was right in spotting what I "stand for" by going by my verse under my moniker and my posts. It *is* freedom (in Christ)....which is the opposite of domination, manipulation, intimidation, and control....and *that* is for everyone, not just women. Freedom is the opposite of bondage to sin. Genuine love has to be paired with free will. He got that right that's what I "stand for"...and it doesn't really bother me to have that spread out in cyber land. The more that hear that, the better (IMO).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If ya'll really want to get a good feel on what your dealing with on with that blogger and his "followers" ..just watch the movie "Bates Motel"..get to know Norman and just bear that in mind as you attempt to interact with any of them..I dont care if you have already seen it..watch it again and really absorb it..thats a fictional character ..but art imitates real life..not the other way around and you just NEVER know..Once you DO know..it will change your perpective on how you view them..how you intereact with them..or how and WHY to avoid them alltogether which is probably the best choice..BUT at least this way you are armed with the knowledge of what lurks out there and can watch your back and that of your loved ones better..

Dallas

Upvote 0

Conservativation

Jun 18, 2009
✟13,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just wow....just.......wow, day after day being characterized as something they are not, their views twisted beyond anything remotely representative of their words....thats ok

Go elsewhere and complain about that being done......thats not ok, and is "talking about the women here"

If I had a dollar for the times I have been characterized as a monster here, then new folks join a thread and see that and jump on the bandwagon, and truth is none of whats been said is true, and yet it gets wheels, a life of its own, and pretty soon 10 women are laying it on, that I defend inappropriate content, that Im pro abuse, that i would outlaw divorce and allow women in cages trapped in abuse.....folks these things are all here in black and white, so badly blurred your perception is that me going elsewhere and complaining about it is seen as "personal attacks on women here"

Unbelievable, truly if someone tried to tell me about something like this Id say they were kidding, couldnt happen

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Just wow....just.......wow, day after day being characterized as something they are not, their views twisted beyond anything remotely representative of their words....thats ok

Go elsewhere and complain about that being done......thats not ok, and is "talking about the women here"

If I had a dollar for the times I have been characterized as a monster here, then new folks join a thread and see that and jump on the bandwagon, and truth is none of whats been said is true, and yet it gets wheels, a life of its own, and pretty soon 10 women are laying it on, that I defend inappropriate content, that Im pro abuse, that i would outlaw divorce and allow women in cages trapped in abuse.....folks these things are all here in black and white, so badly blurred your perception is that me going elsewhere and complaining about it is seen as "personal attacks on women here"

Unbelievable, truly if someone tried to tell me about something like this Id say they were kidding, couldnt happen
YOu have obviously "hitched your wagon" up to Dalrock. JS.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For all the claims about what Dalrock has said in his blog could you at least post a link and quote exactly where he's said these things.

Because it seems to me that he's being villified on here and some of the claims of what he's said I've not found on his blog.

Futhermore. . . what one posts on a public forum is. . . you know public. There is no evidence that I see that the man even has a CF account or posts here as whats said in the married couples forum is public to anyone who wishes to lurk. This forum is so public that if you where to go to Times Square and shout something outload, less people would hear you then the number of people who will read your comments on this site. That is just the nature of it. Your words are public.

There me some concerns about being taken out of context or intention, and if that is a concern of yours go to his site, make a comment and correct what he has to say.

I've noted one thing. Dalrock himself while attacking the words of what you have said, has not in my opinion ever personally attacked anyone's character.

However Chaz, Cons, McScribe and Dalrock have all had their character's directly attacked on here.

For the record I have read his blog, including the parts with the women on here and I have not found the need to tell them because:

1. I have not seen him personally attack them, just what they say.
2. What you say on here is public. If you don't know that, you really need to get off of CF. Its public and can be read by people without CF accounts.

At most he's taken your words out of context or misconstrued them.

Please point out personal attacks upon your character.

Upvote 0

c1ners

Senior Contributor
Dec 12, 2005
US
✟30,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I posted my concerns, and they were totally ignored, C1ners. So where exactly is the respect in that? By contrast, I have almost never been treated that way by the other men here, but I am consistently treated that way by most of the women here. My opinions are dismissed and not even responded to for the most part, and when they are often a single sentence is nit picked or used as reason to accuse me in some manner.

I'm sorry if I ignored your concerns. You however are not the person I have an issue with right now. Unless of course you'd like to come clean and tell us that you have also been bashing us on that other site.

Upvote 0
H

hijklmnop

A few random thoughts in regard to some of the responses i have seen thus far:

Im not stupid. I understand that this is a public forum and nothing illegal or unthinkable happened. I didnt ask or expect that the mods here do anything about it. I just wanted the people who post here regularly in good faith, with genuine spirits and some expectation of mutual respect, to know how they are being received and treated by fellow members elsewhere. There is a difference between what is legally allowed and what is morally right.

Secondly, it is a really immature defense strategy to basically say,'yeah, so what, this woman did that and that woman said this.' We are talking about what members here are doing with our posts elsewhere now. The women being spoken of there are not the woman you guys are mad at for some past offense. What do you mean, chaz, when you say that Niffer doesnt deserve that treatment but others of us do? Why is that? Have i been that cruel to people here? I know i havent been perfect but i have always strived to be respectful and as such have never been banned, warned, etc. can you guys say the same?

Thirdly, i just dont know what the defense is for our Christian brothers to commiserate on a site where they say things like, ' Christian women arent fit to marry,' and refer to women as the 's' word with breathtaking frequency. It is hateful. How can you expect to socialize and bond with men on THAT level and then get along with the people you see and speak of with such deep contempt at the same time?

Upvote 0

chaz345

Dec 14, 2005
✟20,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What I think is stupid is that we are ALL married people here on this forum, but yet they are making us out to be monsters who advocate divorce. HELLO, if we advocated divorce some of us would already be divorced.

If there weren't a problem with divorce being advocated, then why the new rule and why did some react so negatively to it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Apr 15, 2009
Canada
✟16,558.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I'm sorry if I ignored your concerns. You however are not the person I have an issue with right now. Unless of course you'd like to come clean and tell us that you have also been bashing us on that other site.

Please read and take into consideration what Luther has said. Please also consider that a number of women in this thread have accused the rest of us if we do not denounce Cons which frankly I won't do because I don't think he did anything wrong.

Upvote 0
Apr 15, 2009
Canada
✟16,558.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
A few random thoughts in regard to some of the responses i have seen thus far:

Im not stupid. I understand that this is a public forum and nothing illegal or unthinkable happened. I didnt ask or expect that the mods here do anything about it. I just wanted the people who post here regularly in good faith, with genuine spirits and some expectation of mutual respect, to know how they are being received and treated by fellow members elsewhere. There is a difference between what is legally allowed and what is morally right.

Secondly, it is a really immature defense strategy to basically say,'yeah, so what, this woman did that and that woman said this.' We are talking about what members here are doing with our posts elsewhere now. The women being spoken of there are not the woman you guys are mad at for some past offense. What do you mean, chaz, when you say that Niffer doesnt deserve that treatment but others of us do? Why is that? Have i been that cruel to people here? I know i havent been perfect but i have always strived to be respectful and as such have never been banned, warned, etc. can you guys say the same?

Thirdly, i just dont know what the defense is for our Christian brothers to commiserate on a site where they say things like, ' Christian women arent fit to marry,' and refer to women as the 's' word with breathtaking frequency. It is hateful. How can you expect to socialize and bond with men on THAT level and then get along with the people you see and speak of with such deep contempt at the same time?

When I have spoken to you and other feminist women on this board about the importance of considering the opinions of men you have utterly dismissed that, and made it clear that what men go through is not your concern because in your opinion women suffer more than men do. You and other women who share your opinions give men here no alternative but to find venues in which they can vent their opinions and have actual discussion. It is not merely contempt, Dreamer; it's anger. It's outrage at injustice perpetuated in the name of justice. It is the result of any attempt at discussion of concerns that men have with feminism being treated with contempt by feminists. It could have no greater example than your utter outrage shared by your sisters here at what is a discussion in a public venue when not one of you shows the slightest concern when a man is treated unjustly. As I said before, if you want respect, it's earned by giving it and frankly I haven't seen you giving any.

Upvote 0

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Misogyny - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hate to put it so bluntly..but why cant ya'll beleive this is what you are encountering?And you cant really "argue" a man or a woman out of beign this..its a menatl illness..like sociopahty or narcissim..in fact you might find sociopaths narcissist AMONGST them..and of course there are differnt severities of this affliction but still..

Fortunately this doesnt..same as sociopathy constitute the 'norm' but its prevelant enough that you WILL run into them..and you HAVE..Since they do exist in enough #'s that you really cant avoid bumping into them(sooner or later unless you live in very remote areas and dont get on the computer)..I for one think its better to be educated and prepared..rather than like a young person bleivign they are invincible thinking "nah..that couldnt happen to me"..Know its there and be prepared is all you can do.

Dallas

Upvote 0

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

For the record I have never commented on that site until today. And my first comment was in response to this for Dalrock on his site or on CF to make himself known. I personally belive him to be a lurker. Especially when he tried to give us talking points in his comments. . . If he was an active poster, why not just post his talking points himself?

I try to be, although I really do get annoyed with how the other men are treated on here as well as myself.

The belief that divorcing because you are unhappy isn't biblical. Yeah we are real misogynists for that. Expecting women to uphold their vows and all that jazz. Real hateful stuff there.

I'm not going to defend what the commentators say. A lot of people comment on there and some are extreme and some like to call people names. For the most part I don't even read them.

However has Dalrock himself in his blog personally attacked you or your character? Or has he just attacked what you said?

If he attacked what you said. . . go debate him or just accept that not everyone agrees with everything you say.

If he personally attacked your character as some women have done to the men on this thread and Dalrock himself. Then I will defend you.

For the most part with some exceptions I do agree with what most of Dalrock himself says.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.