Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I'll flat out say it. While there are certain aspects of the MRA stuff that I fully agree that no Christian should ever agree with, there are other aspects of it that I fully and completely agree with and wish that more Christian men had the stones to stand up and say, in Church.

I know. You know what the Bible says, though... a little leaven leavens the whole lump. You think you're not imbibing the poison along with the tidbits you agree with. You're wrong. And the proof is in the fruit.

As for bringing up something from long ago, no I'm not at all upset about it. Just pointing out that when it happens to men, it's simply shrugged off, but when it happens to women we've got this. Why the difference? I'll not speculate since I can't think of anything that wouldn't be terribly insulting.
You can't even think of something that wouldn't be "terribly insulting."

Again, the fruit doesn't lie.

Upvote 0

Conservativation

Jun 18, 2009
✟13,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
yea, I agree with "that MRA stuff"

Im against divorce
Im pro traditional marriage
Im conservative generally
I believe in monogamy
Did I say Im against divorce, over not being haaaaapy? Thats the biggy, thats the one that gets the goat isnt it?
We cant really say that here, and not be told we are in favor of keeping women in cages in the basement.

Im not sure what "MRA stuff" no Christian should be associated with to be honest. The kooks who talk about Pick Up Artist and Game, thats not "MRA stuff", and you will see the Christian men go right back at that crap. But, its way to convenient for you to use that as the wedge, low hangin fruit to use to dismiss righteous anger isnt it.

Yes, I am fully and completely on board with "that MRA stuff", and I challenge anyone to show me where that is something a Christian should not be.

If the "fruit" is wasted lives and marriages, ruined childhoods and familial collapse, keep it, do not lecture me sanctimoniously on "fruit"

ciao for this thread

Upvote 0

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well..that answers that. I'm out, I don't really feel like being publicly ridiculed today by a man who doesn't have a large enough "pair" to even tell us who he really is and has to skulk in the shadows of this thread.

To the men of this forum: This is how you're being represented, consider that.

But that is the ROOT of what peopel like that are Niffer..its part of the MO of one of these..the word is "cowards"..its part of the neurosis..cowardly isnt just the lion on wizard of oz or a mean name to call someone..it can be a LOT more deviant/neurotic than that..they know they are cowards and HIDE from them own selves..

Dallas

Upvote 0
Apr 15, 2009
Canada
✟16,558.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
And/or I only got married two weeks ago and haven't been around long enough.

But still.... you're making a stink about it now.

It just still seems rather childish to pretend like you didn't really care about it but then when you get called on something to pull it out like the trump card.

Sounds like keeping a record of wrongs to me.

The real issue here, IMHO, is that some of you men actually agree with the MRA stuff. But you know you can't really get away with it openly. So you talk about it behind closed doors. But your attitudes spill over and, despite what you think, we can see the fruit of the bad teaching you guys have been swallowing. And when it's brought out into the light, you start pointing fingers, trying to get the attention away from the real issue.

The real issue is that there a serious lack of love.

And yeah, I know we women can get sharp tongued and defensive too. And we should work on that, repent for our hatred (if hatred we have) and respond with blessings when we're cursed.

But for Christ's sake - get the log out of your eye before you try digging the speck out of mine!

I have absolutely zero qualms about saying that I agree with a lot of the MRA stuff. Not all, but much of it.

I have made efforts at trying to build a bridge of understanding with women of a feminist persuasion here. What I got as a result was mockery and refusal to engage. Don't be surprised if this convinces a guy that MRA is the way to go. Especially if the guy in question has been through a humiliating and painful divorce and that when he has tried to search for greater understanding of women found that it actually offended most of the women here. Nevertheless I have not sought to hurt women here personally and where I have done so I have apologized. Guys don't turn MRA because they hate women; they do it because they want to be associated with people who actually care about what they've been through and want to encourage them to have a genuine hope for the future. They do it because they have no faith the the general trend in our society.

These are things that women have said when men like myself have brought up concerns about gender relations:

1. So I have to drop everything to worry about men? Or at the very least spend half my time explaining feminism to men?

2. Women are individuals, you can't generalize!

3. You need to man up!

4. Men are rarely the victims of women.

5. If a woman is unhappy in a marriage and wants a divorce, she probably has a good reason. Hardly anyone divorces without good reason.

6. If men have concerns about how women treat them, they need to grow up.

7. If men express doubts about the legacy of feminism, it's because they are anti-woman or don't approve of women having rights and freedoms.

So faced with this not merely as an opening part of a discussion but as a constant, a man literally has no choice but to be a white knight supporter of women's views, to keep his mouth shut or to go his own way. That is why sites like Dalrock exist. Men here who have such views are not ashamed of having them or afraid to express them; they just feel that there's little point in doing it here because they are not heard, they are slandered and treated with contempt. Women who express such views are treated even worse.

Upvote 0

c1ners

Senior Contributor
Dec 12, 2005
US
✟30,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
yea, I agree with "that MRA stuff"

Im against divorce
Im pro traditional marriage
Im conservative generally
I believe in monogamy
Did I say Im against divorce, over not being haaaaapy? Thats the biggy, thats the one that gets the goat isnt it?
We cant really say that here, and not be told we are in favor of keeping women in cages in the basement.

Im not sure what "MRA stuff" no Christian should be associated with to be honest. The kooks who talk about Pick Up Artist and Game, thats not "MRA stuff", and you will see the Christian men go right back at that crap. But, its way to convenient for you to use that as the wedge, low hangin fruit to use to dismiss righteous anger isnt it.

Yes, I am fully and completely on board with "that MRA stuff", and I challenge anyone to show me where that is something a Christian should not be.

If the "fruit" is wasted lives and marriages, ruined childhoods and familial collapse, keep it, do not lecture me sanctimoniously on "fruit"

ciao for this thread

I could really care less what you stand for nor what you believe in! The fact that you can't stand on your own two feet and talk about what you believe in without belittling women tells me all that I need to know. Men like that have no VBALLS! To blame all that is wrong with the world on women is cowardly and very unchristian!

Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Really, Con?

Please.

As if we Christians don't all know "Love your neighbor as yourself," and "love is KIND, love is gentle" etc.

"The Game" and much of everything else on that site cannot be defended from a Christ-centered point of view.

It is the exact OPPOSITE of what Christ calls us to be and do.

Upvote 0

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nice, and now they've got another one about us CF women:

The women at Christianforums are outraged! | Dalrock

LOL!!! Yeah Im REAL outraged..see how they lie?Im not outraged..Im justified...LOL!!!As it pertains to the level of mental illnness i've ALWAYS observed and known ..its just more evidence of it..Im the least bit outraged..I think its telling though that the person is SOOO arrogant(its part of the narcisssit rage in them) to think they could even invoke that powerful of an emotion in me..on a fourm or a blog? ..with their insane ramblings..its pitiful..its pitiful that they would even be so deluded as to imagine that in the first place let alone bask in it..

There is a HUGE difference in pitying someone and beign outraged with them..Makign a fool of your self strongly revealign your mental ilnesses isnt somethng that "outrages" me anyway..I feel sorry for them ..well sorry for the ones that have to live with them anyway..I dont have to ..thank God for that..:cool:

Dallas

Upvote 0
Apr 15, 2009
Canada
✟16,558.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I could really care less what you stand for nor what you believe in! The fact that you can't stand on your own two feet and talk about what you believe in without belittling women tells me all that I need to know. Men like that have no VBALLS! To blame all that is wrong with the world on women is cowardly and very unchristian!

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to take exception to this. He's not simply blaming women for everything; he wants women to take responsibility for what they are responsible for and doesn't see that they are generally doing it. He is not a coward. He does stand on his own two feet. He offers his honest opinions on things and stands by them. If you don't agree with him I respect that, but please don't accuse him of having a lack of character.

Upvote 0

chaz345

Dec 14, 2005
✟20,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know. You know what the Bible says, though... a little leaven leavens the whole lump. You think you're not imbibing the poison along with the tidbits you agree with. You're wrong. And the proof is in the fruit.

Same reasoning applies to modern feminism though and yet there's little to no criticism of it here from the women, not even specific aspects of it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Niffer

So...that just happened.
Aug 1, 2008
Ontario
✟20,246.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to take exception to this. He's not simply blaming women for everything; he wants women to take responsibility for what they are responsible for and doesn't see that they are generally doing it. He is not a coward. He does stand on his own two feet. He offers his honest opinions on things and stands by them. If you don't agree with him I respect that, but please don't accuse him of having a lack of character.

I think you attribute much too much admiration for a man who makes personal digs and hides his own identity so that he can post without consequence. ((of course just doing an i.p check would make him easy enough to identify)
IF he had ANY character at all, he'd speak his mind on this forum about his beliefs, he would address those he doesn't agree with, personally not just in his own blog where he cannot be talked back to.

Character? Please.
This is hate-mongering.
If he had class OR character, he'd at least have the decency to use pseudonyms. It's easy to feel like a 'big man' when you have a heard of sheep behind you baaing "Right on!"

Upvote 0

Conservativation

Jun 18, 2009
✟13,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have tried for years to say my beliefs here. Every time they are redefined as some perversion of what they are. i LIKE that that doesnt happen everywhere, and that folks read whats written, and actually respond to whats written. I like that a lot.

Its not safe to express my views here. And before anyone even tries, I mean the views I listed above...those are not popular here.

Heck I even said I was rebuking the gamers, and tamara comes right back at me for being one.....if something THAT clear can get butchered, what hope is there to say and be heard about anything.

Its why I am rarely in this forum

Upvote 0

Conservativation

Jun 18, 2009
✟13,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think you attribute much too much admiration for a man who makes personal digs and hides his own identity so that he can post without consequence. ((of course just doing an i.p check would make him easy enough to identify)
IF he had ANY character at all, he'd speak his mind on this forum about his beliefs, he would address those he doesn't agree with, personally not just in his own blog where he cannot be talked back to.

Character? Please.
This is hate-mongering.
If he had class OR character, he'd at least have the decency to use pseudonyms. It's easy to feel like a 'big man' when you have a heard of sheep behind you baaing "Right on!"

You are badly confused.

(nice threat on IP)

Im not Dalrock, if thats what folks think...sheesh.

Who are you even talking about? My blog gets like 2 visits a day, and its open for comments anytime, I have made no personal digs on anyone.

Wierder and weirder

Upvote 0

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think people need to stop and breath a little..and realize for some its a blessign who were in the dark for this to be revealed like Niff..Niff this isnt 'new' the entire time I watched you and I tried myself to lead maybe poorly ..I knew you were innocnently sort of dancing (a plutonic dance of course) with men who despise at their very core females..

Unfortunatley like I said just as murderers and rapist and thieves exist..there DOES exist a % of men and women who actually HATE(absorb that) women..they TOLERATE and will even slap on the back..women who are willign to self degragate (after all they are female) and join in on the "women are horrible' band wagon with them..Im sorry you had to have such a rude awakening ..for me it was a gradual dawining didnt take LONG but it was a dawning..At LEAST you know now who you are dealign with..and maybe can learn some of the more subltle ways these types manifest thier rage(reveal themselves) agaisnt you and all women..Or how they will use you for their agenda to smear females..One thing they are VERY good at is usery..you have been duped and Im sorry..but at LEAST your eyes are open now..

Dallas

Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Same reasoning applies to modern feminism though and yet there's little to no criticism of it here from the women, not even specific aspects of it.

Chaz, the finger pointing is a dead give away. If you can't defend yourself or your beliefs without resort to bringing up supposed "wrongs" in some other groups beliefs..... well, it just reveals how truly weak your defense actually is.

The Truth stands on it's own two feet.

In any event:

Modern feminists think that men shouldn't be allowed to vote?

Modern feminists think that men should be the property of their mothers and wives?

Modern feminists go around to Christian sites "advocating" for women to INTENTIONALLY insult and belittle the men in their lives in order to get more sex out of them?

Please show the proof or retract your accusations.

The only thing that I would say about "modern feminism" that is, or could be considered antithetical to Christ and Love is abortion. And that's an internal disagreement amongst feminists, even, as many of us (especially Christian feminists) have been advocating against abortion and disagreeing with other feminists on that issue for years.

Other than that - would you care to explain to me how it is unkind, unloving, unChristlike to believe that men and women are and should be treated equally?

Please. The MRA stuff is like the KKK. There will always be a few who like their message and join their ranks. But for the most part, they are the death throes of a dying breed. The extremists no one really listens to.

Reactions: Sailor_A
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Niffer

So...that just happened.
Aug 1, 2008
Ontario
✟20,246.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You are badly confused.

(nice threat on IP)

Im not Dalrock, if thats what folks think...sheesh.

Who are you even talking about? My blog gets like 2 visits a day, and its open for comments anytime, I have made no personal digs on anyone.

Wierder and weirder

I'm a computer tech cons, its not a threat its a fact.
Also I don't think nor ever thought you were this person (I don't want to use the word "man" I feel it gives all men a bad name)

Upvote 0

chaz345

Dec 14, 2005
✟20,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Character? Please.
This is hate-mongering.

I'm confused a bit about the hiding of one's identity. Are you suggesting that the owner of the Dalrock site is a member here? Or suggesting that Dalrock and Cons are the same person? Neither is the case, of that I'm quite sure.

Upvote 0

chaz345

Dec 14, 2005
✟20,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Chaz, the finger pointing is a dead give away. If you can't defend yourself or your beliefs without resort to bringing up supposed "wrongs" in some other groups beliefs..... well, it just reveals how truly weak your defense actually is.

The Truth stands on it's own two feet.

In any event:

Modern feminists think that men shouldn't be allowed to vote?

Modern feminists think that men should be the property of their mothers and wives?

Modern feminists go around to Christian sites "advocating" for women to INTENTIONALLY insult and belittle the men in their lives in order to get more sex out of them?

Please show the proof or retract your accusations.

The only thing that I would say about "modern feminism" that is, or could be considered antithetical to Christ and Love is abortion. And that's an internal disagreement amongst feminists, even, as many of us (especially Christian feminists) have been advocating against abortion and disagreeing with other feminists on that issue for years.

Other than that - would you care to explain to me how it is unkind, unloving, unChristlike to believe that men and women are and should be treated equally?

Please. The MRA stuff is like the KKK. There will always be a few who like their message and join their ranks. But for the most part, they are the death throes of a dying breed. The extremists no one really listens to.

Modern feminists defend a deeply biased family court system.

Modern feminists vehemently attack any measure to reduce divorce.

Modern feminists refuse to criticize anything said by another feminist no matter how outrageous.

There are problematic elements to both the MRA movement and modern feminism. I said that I have problems with some of what the MRA movement espouses and your response was that a little leaven spoils the whole thing. All I was saying in bringing up modern feminism is that the same little leaven there does the same thing. It is quite telling though that while I can admit that the MRA movement has issues, that you refuse to do the same for modern feminism.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.