Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings Fellow Brothers and Sisters in Christ!

I am presently involved in prison ministry. The Lord put a burden in my spirit several years ago regarding ministering to those in prision/jail. The Lord placed a man in my path approx. two years ago while attending a Bible study I had not been to in over a years' time. A brother in Christ and myself began talking about various ministry involvements over the years (prior to Bible study meeting). I shared with my brother in Christ the desire to minister to those that are in jail. He stated he was a chaplain at a few local prisons and county jails. He invited me to a chaplain meeting and after fourteen months of chaplain aprrenticeship/training I am going into the places of incarceration to minister to those that are in great need of hearing the Gospel message of Jesus Christ.

I was wondering if any of my fellow Brothers and Sisters in Christ at Christianforums are serving the Lord in this particular ministry.

In Christ,

Gunny

gideon123

Humble Servant of God
Dec 25, 2011
USA
✟59,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gunny

this part of the forum can be kinda' slow.
i guess you noticed :)

GOOD FOR YOU for doing the prison ministry.
Please keep it up - a very worthwhile thing to be involved in.
I haven't done prisons myself - I do quite a lot of overseas ministry.

prayers,
gideon

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,617.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, good that you'll be serving that population for Yahweh. Having a church service in that setting is like a service on the outside in that the salvation message is of course needed and many in attendance are already saved. Attendance is usually voluntary so sometimes there will only be a handful but figure those who are there are meant to be there. To me it's not about the numbers in either setting in prison or on the outside. Asking Yahweh for His guidance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RevPulas

Mar 27, 2013
✟15,112.00
Faith
Lutheran
Great to hear about this, Gunny.

Prison ministry really represents a fulfillment of mission work where it is most important, bringing the Word of the Lord to those most in need of it, and who have either never been called to it before or never believed that they would be called to at all.

Many years ago I had been tangentially involved in such a pursuit, assisting with the distribution of hymnals and prayer books as part of a broad effort by my church. It was slow at first, but we eventually saw extraordinary results both inside the prison and especially outside. The inmates after release, largely stayed with the faith and led good Christian lives, giving back to the community wherever they could. It was great to know we made such a difference.

Upvote 0

meischa12

Apr 18, 2012
✟15,217.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gunny,
I am also a chaplain, I am a woman who ministers to women in county jail. There are many of us out there, just not on this forum.
I do only one-on-one visits each week, others teach Bible study and others do church each week.
It is rewarding, I reach people who are frightened and know they've made bad choices. Some change and stay on the righteous path, others fall, but I am faithful to Him. I give them Him, over and over again.
It is amazing how some of the tough looking ones, breakdown and reveal their inside fears, I offer them eternal hope and peace.
I see incarceration as a ripe opportunity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums