Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
we should be reducing the power of the state on petty matters while pushing them to actually enforce God's law.

Because as we have seen around the world theocracies and religious police force are such a good idea....

• Winner
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Because as we have seen around the world theocracies and religious police force are such a good idea....
Enforcing the law as laid out by God hardly makes for a theocracy. Especially in light of the clearly separate spheres of the church and state in our lives. The notion that executing murderers somehow makes for a theocracy is absurd.

• Agree
Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Especially in light of the clearly separate spheres of the church and state in our lives.

You mean those spheres you just wanted break when you talked about how state security apparatus should be pushed to enforce God’s law ?

You are not very logical in this.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
You mean those spheres you just wanted break when you talked about how state security apparatus should be pushed to enforce God’s law ?

You are not very logical in this.
All law is moral and religious. The question is whose morality and religion is influencing the law.

God gives different powers to different spheres of our lives. He gives certain powers to the state but not the church and vice versa. A plain reading of scripture makes that abundantly clear.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The real issue is that the USA government is not a Christian government. We’re forbidden to support Christianity over other religions. Or to allow Christianity to lord it over other religious believers or atheists. The USA has a majority Christian population but officially the Government isn’t religion based. It was planned that way from the beginning. The founding fathers didn’t want the stupid sectarian wars over faith to disrupt people’s lives here.

Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
My initial thought is that Harry's handlers (Markle, although she probably told him what to say) shouldn't let him speak in public. However, his idiotic statement highlights a problem I see both outside and inside the church.

That problem is that we have divorced God from Chinese Coronavirus. We look to government to save us, blame China and abandon the church because church is "unsafe." In reality, the virus is a judgment from God. Rather than abandon the church, Christians should be filling churches, praying and leading the nation in revival. Instead, we've divorced the virus from God and in doing so divorced ourselves from God.

Harry unwittingly highlights the problem by bringing in mythical mother nature, as though in his random world of big bang and evolution would punish people or animals with a virus. Our society is utterly divorced from God and the church is leading the way. The existence of the virus isn't random, it was created by God and caused to infect us by God. There isn't anything random about it.

Prince Harry suggests coronavirus was 'punishment from Mother Nature'

At least Queen Elizabeth II and Prince William have a solid head when it comes to this. Harry has no chance whatsoever at being King so I wouldn't worry about it.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
At least Queen Elizabeth II and Prince William have a solid head when it comes to this. Harry has no chance whatsoever at being King so I wouldn't worry about it.
Agreed. It would be beneficial for the monarchy if Charles stepped aside but I wouldn't count on it.

Upvote 0

sojo00

Dec 3, 2020
Niles
✟7,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Harry, give it up. You'll never be one of us, or worse yet a voice for us even if that was your family's intention. It is also easy to see the US influence upon your Commonwealth ideals. I expect you to be driving a pickup truck, finding joy in the failures of others, and hosting the Oscars in no time. You never left royalty behind, but only moved to the United States'er version of it, still eons out of touch with the real world. What's next? The equally detached position of politician?

As his granny who sees her role as directly connected to God would say, 'We are not amused.'
Carina virus is the start of New World Order. Everyone that accepts what the world gives them is not of God.

God separates the tares from the wheat.

Politics, monarchy is of the world.

• Agree
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
God uses the fallen things of this world for his own purposes. There is nothing bad about his creation of locusts or frogs but he used them to judge Pharroh. There is nothing bad about viruses or bacteria but he uses them as a means to call people into eternity and at times to judge nations.
That's just wrong. God is the God of life, not death. Creation is in bondage (Romans 8:21). That is plainly not God's intent. Nothing bad about bacteria? I had an infection along with an illness a couple of months ago that near killed me. I'm not big on dying before my time.

Satan is the deceiver, the liar, the thief, the murderer and the destroyer. God is Truth, Life, Redeemer and healer. God did not make me sick.

Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How can a never isolated virus (Koch's postulates which apply to viruses too), a test (PCR) that is not supposed to be used for diagnosis (Kerry Mullis, amplification cycles), and a never before tried mRNA DNA modifying vaccine by eugenics expert Bill Gates and friends be responsible for "Mother Nature" or put it simply, Satanic Mother Earth Gaia worship be responsible???

"Coronaviruses" have been there for a long time. Only on the TeLIEEEEEvision $$$ and media can it create the PLANdemic.

We saw this TRIAL run with the ebola panic. All the new world order countries working together...and suddenly one day, all the news stop talking about ebola.

The question is, is the world ready for the mRNA vaccine? Read about Georgia guide stones (the part where it states population must be reduced).

They war-gamed the plandemic in October 2019 by name: Coronavirus.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Forgive me but Harry isn't bright enough to say anything metaphorical. Certainly not intentionally.

and ad hominem arguments are the least productive

Having said that, all technology is man made. The wheel is man made technology. The house is man made technology. The chariot is man made technology. The pot, kettle, spoon, plate, all man made technology. We could go back through history, everything made by men was man made technology. Deciding that some arbitrary point in history is the cut off and that now there is too much technology is, well, arbitrary.

I didn't say tech was evil but if we consider the account of the tower of babel, it is a culmination of ancient ingenuity with of goal of becoming like a god themselves. This is a recurring theme in scripture (starting in the garden) where the letter to the Church of Laocedia is its last warning. When we build our kingdoms to remove God we miss the point.

The virus is a judgment against a world that has abandoned faith in Jesus Christ. All of the solutions involve shutting down churches and outside of a few magistrates no one has called on the nation to pray much less repent. The sad thing is that the church has gone along with this, willingly shutting ita doors and denying the faithful and the world the means of grace. Church has become just another consumer product, something not worthy of remaining open when our government betters so declare. Believers just go along with it because at the end of the day corporate worship isn't really that important to most of us.

who told you it's a "judgment against a world that has abandoned faith in Jesus Christ" or is that just something you're making up? One thing the bible proves is God does not operate upon our logic, I certainly am not about to start telling God what is his judgment and what isn't... I think that's for him to decide. Jesus was sent to die, a terrible thing, yet this was not to usher in judgment but instead forgiveness so we can't just take the lastest doom and point to judgment when this may not be judgement as your suppose but perhaps tilling the soil making ready for a new time of harvest.

this pandemic was a storm waiting to happen. it is not just a random bunch of coincidences but a system primed to be exposed. I think the degree of severity of the virus may be at the perfect level where if it was ebola levels systems would be more responsive and eradicate it quicker.

The virus has exposed how much the church needs to repent. It has exposed how few belivers actually value worship. God has judged the nation and yet our leaders will not call us to turn to God and repent. The next judgment will be far worse.

the virus doesn't discriminate and good/bad seem to be exposed equally. We are approaching the Christmas season and projections for the western nations are worse because of Christian holidays where gathering together is a tradition. This could be contrasted with non-Christian nations that don't celebrate Christmas like Muslim nations. At the end of the month, the greater increase will go towards the Christian nations over the Muslim nations because of the mindset around these holidays. So where is judgment being cast here? it doesn't seem like your theory is that well thought out. These are cultural proponents that overlap into faith but are not building blocks of faith.

At the end of the day how is calling this judgment helping to reach the lost? the bully pulpit in the church can superimpose God's judgment over covid but I would argue this would work at distancing others from the church rather than drawing them in. We should not demonize a virus but instead, do as much good as possible in it's wake in the name of Christ, let God sort out the judgment part. The church has an opportunity to respond, engage and have access to people they normally wouldn't have access to. we shouldn't take these opportunities to point out God's judgment but rather introduce them to God's love.

Upvote 0

Zao is life

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Africa
Visit site
✟183,148.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My initial thought is that Harry's handlers (Markle, although she probably told him what to say) shouldn't let him speak in public. However, his idiotic statement highlights a problem I see both outside and inside the church.

That problem is that we have divorced God from Chinese Coronavirus. We look to government to save us, blame China and abandon the church because church is "unsafe." In reality, the virus is a judgment from God. Rather than abandon the church, Christians should be filling churches, praying and leading the nation in revival. Instead, we've divorced the virus from God and in doing so divorced ourselves from God.

Harry unwittingly highlights the problem by bringing in mythical mother nature, as though in his random world of big bang and evolution would punish people or animals with a virus. Our society is utterly divorced from God and the church is leading the way. The existence of the virus isn't random, it was created by God and caused to infect us by God. There isn't anything random about it.

Prince Harry suggests coronavirus was 'punishment from Mother Nature'
Not blessed with much intelligence. Harry, the poor fella, is trying to remain relevant, though minus his royal duties in the family as a working cog of the family, he is irrelevant; and the woke media, themselves in their own virtual reality bubble, help him and his actress to continue with their 'relevancy' fantasy by publishing everything they say, like they do with all the celebrities whose crazy ideas meet with the woke media's approval. What's new?

• Agree
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
and ad hominem arguments are the least productive

I didn't say tech was evil but if we consider the account of the tower of babel, it is a culmination of ancient ingenuity with of goal of becoming like a god themselves. This is a recurring theme in scripture (starting in the garden) where the letter to the Church of Laocedia is its last warning. When we build our kingdoms to remove God we miss the point.

who told you it's a "judgment against a world that has abandoned faith in Jesus Christ" or is that just something you're making up? One thing the bible proves is God does not operate upon our logic, I certainly am not about to start telling God what is his judgment and what isn't... I think that's for him to decide. Jesus was sent to die, a terrible thing, yet this was not to usher in judgment but instead forgiveness so we can't just take the lastest doom and point to judgment when this may not be judgement as your suppose but perhaps tilling the soil making ready for a new time of harvest.

this pandemic was a storm waiting to happen. it is not just a random bunch of coincidences but a system primed to be exposed. I think the degree of severity of the virus may be at the perfect level where if it was ebola levels systems would be more responsive and eradicate it quicker.

the virus doesn't discriminate and good/bad seem to be exposed equally. We are approaching the Christmas season and projections for the western nations are worse because of Christian holidays where gathering together is a tradition. This could be contrasted with non-Christian nations that don't celebrate Christmas like Muslim nations. At the end of the month, the greater increase will go towards the Christian nations over the Muslim nations because of the mindset around these holidays. So where is judgment being cast here? it doesn't seem like your theory is that well thought out. These are cultural proponents that overlap into faith but are not building blocks of faith.

At the end of the day how is calling this judgment helping to reach the lost? the bully pulpit in the church can superimpose God's judgment over covid but I would argue this would work at distancing others from the church rather than drawing them in. We should not demonize a virus but instead, do as much good as possible in it's wake in the name of Christ, let God sort out the judgment part. The church has an opportunity to respond, engage and have access to people they normally wouldn't have access to. we shouldn't take these opportunities to point out God's judgment but rather introduce them to God's love.
I agree about removing God from our lives and culture, which is why I have long complained about the shutdowns of churches and lack of faith even among professed Christians.

I will ignore your Xmas comments as I would do away with all holy days. Having said that, the virus should be a call to repentance. We should not pretend as though God does not judge, as though his righteous judgment will somehow scare off the lost. We don't reach the lost by presenting a false gospel to them. Jesus sits on the right hand of God judging the nations as we speak. We only serve Satan in trying to hide this fact, lest the lost be offended.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I agree about removing God from our lives and culture, which is why I have long complained about the shutdowns of churches and lack of faith even among professed Christians.

the building is not the heartbeat of Christ's church or the culmination of our faith. if you think it is then you've missed the point. Christ is quote in Jn 2:19 "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up again". The Jews thought he was referring to the temple building but John let's us know he referring to his body. Yet, as it is often with Biblical prophecies, this statement is layered as the actual temple was destroyed and in its place a and new temple of God emerged, Christ-followers. Moses was drawn to a burning bush that wouldn't burn out and that same fire is in his believers today without need of building ancient or modern and this fire still draws those to him.

Every religion has 3 things, the priest, the sacrifice, and the temple. The priest performs the sacrifice at the temple and this is for various forms of atonement. Of course, ancient Judaism captures this perfectly as well as easily most pagan religions and with some religions, it becomes more abstract even to the point of personal glorification. With Christ, it turns the system on its head. Christ is the priest, the sacrifice and the temple but through Christ, we too are the priest, the sacrifice and the temple and we carry with us God's power that we can show others for his glory. Adding a building in this system is not only unnecessary but moving backwards. Churches are good and building exclusive communities that judges who get to participate and highly focused on self-serving models, like a club. They are not good at cultivating inclusive communities. The former uses a building as their platform which houses God, the latter is without boundary and shows Christ to all, even those who are not invited to the building (we say the doors are open to all but this simply is not true, and we all know it's not true)

I will ignore your Xmas comments as I would do away with all holy days. Having said that, the virus should be a call to repentance. We should not pretend as though God does not judge, as though his righteous judgment will somehow scare off the lost. We don't reach the lost by presenting a false gospel to them. Jesus sits on the right hand of God judging the nations as we speak. We only serve Satan in trying to hide this fact, lest the lost be offended.

God judges as he is the Judge but we don't get to audit his actions and choose which ones fall in which books. We reach the lost by going to the lost and declaring the message of Christ, the message is not aimed at interpreting global scaled events as a judgment from God, even if we believe it to be this way. If we declare that message we are adding our own bias to it and corrupting the message Christ has called us to preach. It is not for us to determine what is God's judgment and what is not however Covid presents a very available opportunity to reach people that may have been out of reach before and this is more valuable than what we want to abritarly label Covid as. If God chooses to judge the world through a global pandemic then so be it, but that is his business, our business is to preach the gospel and reach as many as possible. Exploit Covid to reach people you did not have access to before Covid and I can assure you this is more a noble cause and praiseworthy than attending a building once a week. Practice your faith with the tools you have, not the tools you don't have.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
the building is not the heartbeat of Christ's church or the culmination of our faith. if you think it is then you've missed the point. Christ is quote in Jn 2:19 "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up again". The Jews thought he was referring to the temple building but John let's us know he referring to his body. Yet, as it is often with Biblical prophecies, this statement is layered as the actual temple was destroyed and in its place a and new temple of God emerged, Christ-followers. Moses was drawn to a burning bush that wouldn't burn out and that same fire is in his believers today without need of building ancient or modern and this fire still draws those to him.

Every religion has 3 things, the priest, the sacrifice, and the temple. The priest performs the sacrifice at the temple and this is for various forms of atonement. Of course, ancient Judaism captures this perfectly as well as easily most pagan religions and with some religions, it becomes more abstract even to the point of personal glorification. With Christ, it turns the system on its head. Christ is the priest, the sacrifice and the temple but through Christ, we too are the priest, the sacrifice and the temple and we carry with us God's power that we can show others for his glory. Adding a building in this system is not only unnecessary but moving backwards. Churches are good and building exclusive communities that judges who get to participate and highly focused on self-serving models, like a club. They are not good at cultivating inclusive communities. The former uses a building as their platform which houses God, the latter is without boundary and shows Christ to all, even those who are not invited to the building (we say the doors are open to all but this simply is not true, and we all know it's not true)

God judges as he is the Judge but we don't get to audit his actions and choose which ones fall in which books. We reach the lost by going to the lost and declaring the message of Christ, the message is not aimed at interpreting global scaled events as a judgment from God, even if we believe it to be this way. If we declare that message we are adding our own bias to it and corrupting the message Christ has called us to preach. It is not for us to determine what is God's judgment and what is not however Covid presents a very available opportunity to reach people that may have been out of reach before and this is more valuable than what we want to abritarly label Covid as. If God chooses to judge the world through a global pandemic then so be it, but that is his business, our business is to preach the gospel and reach as many as possible. Exploit Covid to reach people you did not have access to before Covid and I can assure you this is more a noble cause and praiseworthy than attending a building once a week. Practice your faith with the tools you have, not the tools you don't have.
No one is suggesting the church building itself is important. What is important is that the doors are open so that the body of believers may join together in worshipping God as he has commanded us to do.

I have no problem with God judging the world, be it through the wars of the 20th century or through the Chinese Coronavirus today. We must see his hand at work in all things and trust that it will ultimately be for the good of the elect.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No one is suggesting the church building itself is important. What is important is that the doors are open so that the body of believers may join together in worshipping God as he has commanded us to do.

So the church building is not important but its doors are? I think you missed the point. in the absence of a building, what doors are you trying to open? Doors give access, and the doors we should be focused on are greater access to the lost not to the found.

I have no problem with God judging the world, be it through the wars of the 20th century or through the Chinese Coronavirus today. We must see his hand at work in all things and trust that it will ultimately be for the good of the elect.

it's not our job to label the current events as judgment. when the pot is stirred things that seemed unavailable or hidden can emerge or seen in a different light. This may expose the horrible as you have determined but it also may reveal greater reach or new ground. If said stirring is judgment our reaction should be no different, to spread Christ's message to as many as possible. If it shows new ground then we should be running towards it. Covid labelled as judgment to me is a 1-dimensional pedestrian message that accomplishes more distancing from God than drawing. It can be a part of a productive message but it should not be a focal point because we are not God and do not know how today's events work to his purpose, only that they do work for his purpose but often different than we suppose. The message of judgment upon Covid alone is irresponsible and fails to show the splendour and glory of God that he is that we are charged with telling others. God's judgment comes in the next life, what we see now as his opportunity.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
So the church building is not important but its doors are? I think you missed the point. in the absence of a building, what doors are you trying to open? Doors give access, and the doors we should be focused on are greater access to the lost not to the found.

it's not our job to label the current events as judgment. when the pot is stirred things that seemed unavailable or hidden can emerge or seen in a different light. This may expose the horrible as you have determined but it also may reveal greater reach or new ground. If said stirring is judgment our reaction should be no different, to spread Christ's message to as many as possible. If it shows new ground then we should be running towards it. Covid labelled as judgment to me is a 1-dimensional pedestrian message that accomplishes more distancing from God than drawing. It can be a part of a productive message but it should not be a focal point because we are not God and do not know how today's events work to his purpose, only that they do work for his purpose but often different than we suppose. The message of judgment upon Covid alone is irresponsible and fails to show the splendour and glory of God that he is that we are charged with telling others. God's judgment comes in the next life, what we see now as his opportunity.
You're hung up on terms such as building and doors. That said, the church exists to feed the saints. In many respects worship is for us, not the unsaved. The fact that people who are not church members cannot and should not take communion indicates that worship is for believers.

That isn't to say the unsaved are not welcome or should not come. It is to say that they should not be the exclusive focus of worship. They should be confronted with God, much like we believers are when we enter his courts, the church. The modern church has lost the majesty of coming face to face with God as it has become yet another consumer product focusing on gimmicks to save the ungodly and keep the rest entertained enough to keep coming back.

Upvote 0