Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My initial thought is that Harry's handlers (Markle, although she probably told him what to say) shouldn't let him speak in public. However, his idiotic statement highlights a problem I see both outside and inside the church.

That problem is that we have divorced God from Chinese Coronavirus. We look to government to save us, blame China and abandon the church because church is "unsafe." In reality, the virus is a judgment from God. Rather than abandon the church, Christians should be filling churches, praying and leading the nation in revival. Instead, we've divorced the virus from God and in doing so divorced ourselves from God.

Harry unwittingly highlights the problem by bringing in mythical mother nature, as though in his random world of big bang and evolution would punish people or animals with a virus. Our society is utterly divorced from God and the church is leading the way. The existence of the virus isn't random, it was created by God and caused to infect us by God. There isn't anything random about it.

Prince Harry suggests coronavirus was 'punishment from Mother Nature'
HI 1st off long time wings fan here and we are still a few years away which is very topical in this post. The 30 or so answers you have only a couple seemed to be clued in on the fact that this is not a virus from nature and is not even a real threat but a ghost with a purpose.
The world economic forum is executing a global UN strategy at this time using carona to lock down the globe and destroy economies to bring in a one world UN based government. It is the perfect ploy. They are calling this the global reset. I can go on for days if anyone wants to know what is up but search it our for yourself. One poster is spot on that the tests are completely bogus and the virus is no more deadly than common flu. The reset is the agenda and it certainly looks like the type of government that would end up with one beast type leader taking over.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Did God create all things?
God created all things good. I would not classify poisonous snakes as good. Nor smallpox, the plague, cholera etc. And COVID is a virus that can be deadly. So no, I don't believe that God created the virus in its present form. The fall of man has caused all the catastrophe that has come on the natural world.

• Agree
Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
That may be hard as i believe there is, possibly a growing belief, in making satan into a concept (of evil) and not an actual God created being.
Someone said, rightly, that Satan's greatest achievement is to convince the world (and too many Christians) that he does not exist.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This thread is just weird. Coronavirus is caused by nature . Zoonotic diseases happen because we humans live near animals . The virus mutates enough to spread to another species . Prince Harry was being poetic but essentially was absolutely correct in that this was a natural phenomenon . The idea that humans created Covid 19 is a ridiculous lie .

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Someone said, rightly, that Satan's greatest achievement is to convince the world (and too many Christians) that he does not exist.

That very well could be true, because when satan arrives on the scene in the tribulation. I believe he will be received as a god.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My initial thought is that Harry's handlers (Markle, although she probably told him what to say) shouldn't let him speak in public. However, his idiotic statement highlights a problem I see both outside and inside the church.

That problem is that we have divorced God from Chinese Coronavirus. We look to government to save us, blame China and abandon the church because church is "unsafe." In reality, the virus is a judgment from God. Rather than abandon the church, Christians should be filling churches, praying and leading the nation in revival. Instead, we've divorced the virus from God and in doing so divorced ourselves from God.

Harry unwittingly highlights the problem by bringing in mythical mother nature, as though in his random world of big bang and evolution would punish people or animals with a virus. Our society is utterly divorced from God and the church is leading the way. The existence of the virus isn't random, it was created by God and caused to infect us by God. There isn't anything random about it.

I don't think he intended his comments to be taken as the mythical mother nature but instead a metaphorical mother nature essentially saying the human race itself has become like a virus and because of increased technology something that yesterday would be regional has become global and the product of which is forcing us to slow down which is a normal rhythm of nature. nature has a way of balancing itself which is a design of God but man-made technology has allowed humans to escape this order however this pandemic seems to have found the flaw.

I think Olaf says it best in Disney's Frozen "Advancing technology is both our savior and our doom". Christ says to the Church of Laodicea "You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked." COVID exposes the nakedness of the world from our hopeless dependence upon our own ingenuity, the very thing that is destroying us. Christ's riches have are of eternal reward and we miss the point when all we see is earthly. Even if the worst is upon us, through Christ we are still rich and that's the perspective we should have.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,518.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Zoonotic diseases happen because we humans live near animals . The virus mutates enough to spread to another species . Prince Harry was being poetic but essentially was absolutely correct in that this was a natural phenomenon . The idea that humans created Covid 19 is a ridiculous lie .
Absolutely. Look how it mimics feeding off the bat, killing the weak and those with pre-existing conditions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟194,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

He was clearly talking about the interconnected nature of humanity and its impact on the environment, as was seen when nature very readily adjusted to the lack of people in the streets, the effects of pollution dropped, and how man-made environmental impacts can be reversed by man as well. Did you watch his speech at all? There is literally no mistaking that was what he was talking about.

“Somebody said to me at the beginning of the pandemic, it’s almost as though Mother Nature has sent us to our rooms for bad behavior to really take a moment and think about what we’ve done. It [the pandemic and resulting lockdowns] certainly reminded me about how interconnected we all are, not just as people but through nature. We take so much from her and we rarely give a lot back.”

What he said isn’t shocking or controversial; it’s what scientists and environmental agencies have been saying for 50+ years. Nor did it involve Markle, which makes your attempt to trash her seem petty and fear-based.

Calm down and rely less on tabloid sound bites to give you your news.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
HI 1st off long time wings fan here and we are still a few years away which is very topical in this post. The 30 or so answers you have only a couple seemed to be clued in on the fact that this is not a virus from nature and is not even a real threat but a ghost with a purpose.
The world economic forum is executing a global UN strategy at this time using carona to lock down the globe and destroy economies to bring in a one world UN based government. It is the perfect ploy. They are calling this the global reset. I can go on for days if anyone wants to know what is up but search it our for yourself. One poster is spot on that the tests are completely bogus and the virus is no more deadly than common flu. The reset is the agenda and it certainly looks like the type of government that would end up with one beast type leader taking over.
The hospitals full of people with the virus suggest that this is more than some sort of UN reset. There is zero evidence this was a manufactured virus. Rather, all the evidence points to God judging the world for its wickedness. I fear for what the next judgment will be because clearly even the church has ignored the call to repentance.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
God created all things good. I would not classify poisonous snakes as good. Nor smallpox, the plague, cholera etc. And COVID is a virus that can be deadly. So no, I don't believe that God created the virus in its present form. The fall of man has caused all the catastrophe that has come on the natural world.
God uses the fallen things of this world for his own purposes. There is nothing bad about his creation of locusts or frogs but he used them to judge Pharroh. There is nothing bad about viruses or bacteria but he uses them as a means to call people into eternity and at times to judge nations.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I don't think he intended his comments to be taken as the mythical mother nature but instead a metaphorical mother nature essentially saying the human race itself has become like a virus and because of increased technology something that yesterday would be regional has become global and the product of which is forcing us to slow down which is a normal rhythm of nature. nature has a way of balancing itself which is a design of God but man-made technology has allowed humans to escape this order however this pandemic seems to have found the flaw.

I think Olaf says it best in Disney's Frozen "Advancing technology is both our savior and our doom". Christ says to the Church of Laodicea "You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked." COVID exposes the nakedness of the world from our hopeless dependence upon our own ingenuity, the very thing that is destroying us. Christ's riches have are of eternal reward and we miss the point when all we see is earthly. Even if the worst is upon us, through Christ we are still rich and that's the perspective we should have.
Forgive me but Harry isn't bright enough to say anything metaphorical. Certainly not intentionally.

Having said that, all technology is man made. The wheel is man made technology. The house is man made technology. The chariot is man made technology. The pot, kettle, spoon, plate, all man made technology. We could go back through history, everything made by men was man made technology. Deciding that some arbitrary point in history is the cut off and that now there is too much technology is, well, arbitrary.

The virus is a judgment against a world that has abandoned faith in Jesus Christ. All of the solutions involve shutting down churches and outside of a few magistrates no one has called on the nation to pray much less repent. The sad thing is that the church has gone along with this, willingly shutting ita doors and denying the faithful and the world the means of grace. Church has become just another consumer product, something not worthy of remaining open when our government betters so declare. Believers just go along with it because at the end of the day corporate worship isn't really that important to most of us.

The virus has exposed how much the church needs to repent. It has exposed how few belivers actually value worship. God has judged the nation and yet our leaders will not call us to turn to God and repent. The next judgment will be far worse.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
He was clearly talking about the interconnected nature of humanity and its impact on the environment, as was seen when nature very readily adjusted to the lack of people in the streets, the effects of pollution dropped, and how man-made environmental impacts can be reversed by man as well. Did you watch his speech at all? There is literally no mistaking that was what he was talking about.

“Somebody said to me at the beginning of the pandemic, it’s almost as though Mother Nature has sent us to our rooms for bad behavior to really take a moment and think about what we’ve done. It [the pandemic and resulting lockdowns] certainly reminded me about how interconnected we all are, not just as people but through nature. We take so much from her and we rarely give a lot back.”

What he said isn’t shocking or controversial; it’s what scientists and environmental agencies have been saying for 50+ years. Nor did it involve Markle, which makes your attempt to trash her seem petty and fear-based.

Calm down and rely less on tabloid sound bites to give you your news.
Harry doesn't say a thing without Markle putting it in his ear. The guy isn't bright.

The environment has nothing to do with the rise of the Chinese Coronavirus. China is the biggest polluter in the world by a country mile but the virus wasn't caused by environmental damage. If Harry thinks we're suddenly connected today in ways that cause pandemics, he should perhaps brush up on bubonic plague and other pandemics of history. Modernists of all ages imagine they're more sophisticated and connected than the peoples of the past. Such a view is typically hogwash.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Absolutely. Look how it mimics feeding off the bat, killing the weak and those with pre-existing conditions.
bats have an unusual immune system that makes it easy for them to cause viruses to mutate enough to infect humans . The weak and already sick have always been killed off first by viruses . That happens in other species and has been happening in multicellular organisms since the Precambrian. So what was your point?

• Agree
Reactions: KitKat1230
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We look to government to save us, blame China and abandon the church because church is "unsafe." In reality, the virus is a judgment from God.

Churches had pretty sad record for curing CoVid.

Vaccines are about ready so this “judgement from God” is apparently in a stage where we can start seriously counter it after having slowed the spread of the virus by well understood scientific methods.

So if science can counter judgement from God it is not much of a judgement is it ?

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Churches had pretty sad record for curing CoVid.

Vaccines are about ready so this “judgement from God” is apparently in a stage where we can start seriously counter it after having slowed the spread of the virus by well understood scientific methods.

So if science can counter judgement from God it is not much of a judgement is it ?
Science doesn't exist apart from God. If it's God's will that the vaccine work, that's his will. If it is his will that the vaccine not work then it isn't going to work.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Science doesn't exist apart from God. If it's God's will that the vaccine work, that's his will. If it is his will that the vaccine not work then it isn't going to work.

Yeah, the good old “ with God and diving equipment I can stay underwater for 30 minutes” argument.

You need just one of aforementioned components to stay underwater. Give it a try to figure out which one it is.

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, the good old “ with God and diving equipment I can stay underwater for 30 minutes” argument.

You need just one of aforementioned components to stay underwater. Give it a try to figure out which one it is.
God created science, it's not as though we can pray our way out of the scientific truths he created.

Upvote 0