Los Angeles
✟22,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
There were many more sacrifices which had little or nothing to do with sins.

110% correct Dave. Abel made sacrifices not for the remission of sin, but to please God. As well as Noah after the flood.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What would you do if a DNA test proved you were descended from Levites?
my dna proves that I am related to the Shapiro family of Chassidic rabbis from eastern Europe, 90% of whom were slaughtered in WW2 German concentration camps.

But on the hypothetical, if I was a Levite or Kohen (priest); I would seek out the proper training to perform my duties should a 3rd temple be built in my lifetime, and if I was called on to perform said duties.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But on the hypothetical, if I was a Levite or Kohen (priest); I would seek out the proper training to perform my duties should a 3rd temple be built in my lifetime, and if I was called on to perform said duties.

Have you rejected the Book of Hebrews?

Heb_7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Have you rejected the Book of Hebrews?

Heb_7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
Not at all.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Paul is not "spiritualizing" anything there. He is just saying they they are still applicable.
Yes they are still applicable apart from the priesthood of the law.
Ga 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
110% correct Dave. Abel made sacrifices not for the remission of sin, but to please God. As well as Noah after the flood.
What has that to do with the Sinai covenant order of Aaron?

1 ¶ And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
2 Speak unto Aaron, and unto his sons, and unto all the children of Israel, and say unto them; This is the thing which the LORD hath commanded, saying,
3 What man soever there be of the house of Israel, that killeth an ox, or lamb, or goat, in the camp, or that killeth it out of the camp,
4 And bringeth it not unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, to offer an offering unto the LORD before the tabernacle of the LORD; blood shall be imputed unto that man; he hath shed blood; and that man shall be cut off from among his people:
5 To the end that the children of Israel may bring their sacrifices, which they offer in the open field, even that they may bring them unto the LORD, unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, unto the priest, and offer them for peace offerings unto the LORD.
6 And the priest shall sprinkle the blood upon the altar of the LORD at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and burn the fat for a sweet savour unto the LORD.
7 And they shall no more offer their sacrifices unto devils, after whom they have gone a whoring. This shall be a statute for ever unto them throughout their generations.

Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is one of the problems with replacement theology - it takes actual physical prophecies and promises from the Hebrew scripture and spiritualizes them.

Replacement theology or supersessionism is the belief that the new covenant replaced/superseded the old covenant. Thus supersessionsim/replacement theology can have a spectrum of beliefs. On one hand it can believe that the church replaced Israel (which I would completely disagree with) or it can believe that because the old covenant was superseded by the new covenant, Israel now consists of Jew and grafted in gentile.

Although this is a Wikipedia citation, its definition is well accepted:

"Supersessionism, also called replacement theology or fulfillment theology, is a Christian doctrine which asserts that the New Covenant through Jesus Christ supersedes the Old Covenant, which was made exclusively with the Jewish people"

You don't believe the new covenant superseded the old covenant?

What futurism tends to do, unlike supersessionism beliefs like preterism and amil, is take the earthly pictures of temples, sacrifices, and rituals and preach that they refer to more earthly pictures. In other words, they have a hard time understanding that being born again is not the literal earthly picture of coming through a mothers womb. The picture is not the reality. The picture is mean to help us understand the reality. If we can't understand the earthly pictures, how can we understand the heavenly realities.

There were many more sacrifices which had little or nothing to do with sins.

All sacrifices point to Christ, for the law was only a shadow and not the reality.

Hebrews 10:1 For the law is only a shadow of the good things to come, not the realities themselves. It can never, by the same sacrifices offered year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship

Colossians 2:16-17 Therefore let no one judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a festival, a New Moon, or a Sabbath. These are a shadow of the things to come, but the body that casts it belongs to Christ

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
my dna proves that I am related to the Shapiro family of Chassidic rabbis from eastern Europe, 90% of whom were slaughtered in WW2 German concentration camps.
\

My family also did one of those DNA tests, turns out we also have jewish dna. But what does it matter if God can turns stones into children of Abraham?

Why would you put yourself under an old obsolete covenant?

Hebrews 8:13 By speaking of a new covenant, He has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear.

Why would you wish to put yourself under the law, when those under the law do not inherit anything with those of the new covenant.

Galatians 4:21-31 Tell me, you who desire to be under the law, do you not listen to the law? For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by a slave woman and one by a free woman. But the son of the slave was born according to the flesh, while the son of the free woman was born through promise. Now this may be interpreted allegorically: these women are two covenants. One is from Mount Sinai, bearing children for slavery; she is Hagar. Now Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia;e she corresponds to the present Jerusalem, for she is in slavery with her children. But the Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother. For it is written,

“Rejoice, O barren one who does not bear;
break forth and cry aloud, you who are not in labor!
For the children of the desolate one will be more
than those of the one who has a husband.”

Now you,f brothers, like Isaac, are children of promise. But just as at that time he who was born according to the flesh persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, so also it is now. But what does the Scripture say? “Cast out the slave woman and her son, for the son of the slave woman shall not inherit with the son of the free woman.” So, brothers, we are not children of the slave but of the free woman.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

DNA was irrelevant here:

Genesis 17
12 And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.

Where and when did God change His mind?

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟713,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You can't fit "Priesthood of the Third Temple" into that verse.

Now your title is conflicting your new verse.

How many temple of God are you, three?

Mark 14:58

"We heard Him say, 'I will destroy this man-made temple, and in three days I will build another that is made without hands.'

John 2:21

But when Jesus said “this temple,” he meant his own body.

1 Corinthians 6

19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

1 Corinthians 3:16 - Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

Revelation 21:22
I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
DNA was irrelevant here:

Genesis 17
12 And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.

Where and when did God change His mind?
A specific instruction given to one man - Abe.

Upvote 0

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A specific instruction given to one man - Abe.

Applicable to every man, Jew and Gentile, within Israel, from that time forward.

The sign of the covenant which God extended equally and impartially to both.

And He didn't change His mind.

Last edited:
Upvote 0