Tigg

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2007
✟17,774.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
:swoon: Good grief! Wondered about what happened since. But good grief!

"... Monsignor Knestout has received several complaints against Fr. Guarnizo claiming intimidating behaviour on his part against parish staff and others, and 'that is incompatible with proper priestly ministry"

- Abbey-Roads: Fr. Marcel Guarnizo's fate... Priestly faculties removed.

If this has anything to do with not giving communion, I guess the message would be, give it to anyone who goes up - no matter. Though it doesn't say it is in regards to the communion issue. If it is other as so stated wonder what he said or did. Oh well....May God bless Father. :crossrc:

Upvote 0
B

Borromeo

I'm LESS likely to return to the Catholic church if priests are going to be giant wussies and cave to every schizo lesbian buddhist who wants communion. If priests don't believe in it enough to take it seriously, why should I?

And its ridiculous they are considering this a case of "parishioners being intimidated," if someone has declared themselves Buddhist they are automatically excommunicated whether they or anyone else likes it or not, regardless of whether they are still on some register even. They simply are NOT a parishioner anymore until they've repented. This is all like someone quitting their job then claiming "intimidation" when the manager of the business they used to work for will not allow them to come into the office any more.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have confidence that the Priest's superiors will determine the facts of the situation and act appropriately. I am shocked at the number of internet people who have their minds made up that they know what really happened and whether the Priest acted appropriately or not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Assisi

not a sissy
Sep 7, 2006
Sydney
✟14,280.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have confidence that the Priest's superiors will determine the facts of the situation and act appropriately. I am shocked at the number of internet people who have their minds made up that they know what really happened and whether the a priest acted appropriately or not.
I couldn't agree more!

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I have confidence that the Priest's superiors will determine the facts of the situation and act appropriately. I am shocked at the number of internet people who have their minds made up that they know what really happened and whether the Priest acted appropriately or not.
yes, lets trust the hierarchy of the Church, they are our leaders
I was supportive of the priest, thinking he did what he did out of love, for if we eat the body and blood of Christ in an unworthy fashion we eat to our own destruction
but we should always trust the Church more then we trust our own personal views on things

Upvote 0

Erose

Jul 2, 2010
✟67,781.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I hope that his bishop understands that he and his diocese is standing on a scandal that can get much worse if they are not transparent. The only way that this does not become another slap in the face to all Catholics is if all of the facts with no speculations, are given no matter what happens. I mean orthodox Catholics seeing a priest doing the right thing, while the media is proposing that he didn't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kepha

Veteran
Feb 3, 2005
Canada
✟17,719.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
If someone confesses to a serious crime, is the priest not legally obligated to alert the police?
I'm sure the question has been answered that they aren't to disclose any Confession outside of the Priest and the Confessor.

Theofane, if you ever get a chance, check out a Hitchock movie called "I Confess". I thought it was a terrific little film about the strength this Priest had, to not break the seal of Confession, even when His own life was on the line.

I Confess (1953) - IMDb

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I'm sure the question has been answered that they aren't to disclose any Confession outside of the Priest and the Confessor.

Theofane, if you ever get a chance, check out a Hitchock movie called "I Confess". I thought it was a terrific little film about the strength this Priest had, to not break the seal of Confession, even when His own life was on the line.

I Confess (1953) - IMDb
:cool:

All i can say - is - this hails from Washington DC. May the Lord in His Mercy grant that all things come to light that would help in this case and any cases.
Have mercy on us all dear Lord and if we merit Your Just Judgment, may we confess in this life and repent rather than the next life.

:crossrc:

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,652,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some things you should know about the Fr. Guarnizo case...
Most of the lesbian/Communion controversy has been a dis-edifying parade of misleading commentary being proffered about misapplied laws. I don’t write here to correct these many errors, as their partisans (whether ‘left’ or ‘right’) don’t seem especially interested in what the law actually says, but I am happy to offer some observations on Bp.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,652,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Three recent questions in the wake of the lesbian/Communion controversy...
I get paid to explain canon law in the calm context of the graduate classroom, where things like definitions, nuance, history, and values can be reflected upon by well-informed peers (or at least by students who do the readings!) But I never let my students forget that canon law is fundamentally a legal system, and that legal systems deal with real people...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,652,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus required repentance. Go & sin no more. Often forgotten part of the verse.

There is also that little thing about closed communion, not taking it in a state of mortal sin, etc.

Scandal to the faithful.

Inconvenient but true.

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Praise be to Jesus Christ. Now and forever.
Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus required repentance. Go & sin no more. Often forgotten part of the verse.

There is also that little thing about closed communion, not taking it in a state of mortal sin, etc.

Scandal to the faithful.

Inconvenient but true.

I know our priest would tell a Buddhist they are not allowed to receive Communion but he would offer to bless them. :priest:

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,652,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,652,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Barbara Johnson’s Buddhist Catholicism

The story we’ve been covering in recent days about a Maryland priest who refused to give a lesbian Communion at her mother’s funeral has set off many sensitive, complicated subjects for Catholics. Who is eligible for Communion? What are the responsibilities of a priest? What’s the spiritual purpose of a funeral Mass?
PHpriest01_1330467240.jpg

Barbara Johnson was denied communion and the priest walked out on her mother's funeral after he found out Johnson was a lesbian. Johnson is photographed outside her home in Washington, D.C. on February 28, 2012. (Marvin Joseph - WASHINGTON POST)

Now the latest issue: Can you be a Catholic and practice Buddhism at the same time?

Continued- Barbara Johnson’s Buddhist Catholicism - Under God - The Washington Post

Upvote 0