Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
God has seemed to open my eyes to two of my chief sins in my life.

The LORD cast me down with guilt after I barked at two people for endorsing a Bethel Redding church event and how I behaved was inexcusable.

I also struggle with sexual temptation and can really be carried away at the slightest impulse... It's been a result of a 5 year inappropriate contentography addiction that only has been recently remedied by the Holy Spirit and still lingers, even thought it is starting to wane...

I need much prayers. God bless.

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I wonder if pride is worse than lust? Or are they indeed connected. I think they can be.
Hey you are upfront admitting your sins on here. Repentance is half the battle. Well done. Keep up the good work. God Bless and prayers.

Upvote 0

Rodo7777777

Jun 26, 2017
PNW
✟16,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The LORD cast me down with guilt after I barked at two people for endorsing a Bethel Redding church event and how I behaved was inexcusable.

I also struggle with sexual temptation and can really be carried away at the slightest impulse... It's been a result of a 5 year inappropriate contentography addiction that only has been recently remedied by the Holy Spirit and still lingers, even thought it is starting to wane...

I went thru something similar years ago. I thought I would never be free. Here is what happened.

I was sure God could no longer love me, my sins so great.

So let me tell you of two break throughs on the way to where I am now.

Years ago I was invited to a church, the guest speaker was from Poland, his English was OK, but it was with a heavy accent.

After the service he invited people up for prayer, so I went forward.

He prayed for me and as he did, he whispered my secret sins into my ear.

Now I knew he was hearing from God. Then he speaks in first person to me and, he says "I see your sin, but I also see your heart, I have not forsaken you, nor have I rejected you".

I started to weep, and praised God for his mercy. But this troubled me too. How could Jesus say these things when it was my sin that sent him to the cross?

Now one more example, this happened many years later…

I always had a very high sex drive. This troubled me despite what God said above it was a problem for me.

So one day I'm driving, and lusting. I cry out to God, where are you, why aren't you helping me with this!

All of a sudden I hear this statement "why don't you tell me the truth". I say "what truth"…Then my understanding is opened and I SEE!

I say OK Lord… "I don't want you to interfere, I love my sin and while I'm troubled about it, I don't want you to interfere".

Do you know what happened? I somehow forgot all those thoughts about sin and lust, if they came back I would confess this new found truth and somehow my mind would be distracted again.

This went on for a few days, and then I found myself free.

This reminds me of a guy named Tommy Williams from the 70's…A brother walks up to Tommy complaining that he can't stop smoking.

Tommy says "brother when Jesus is ready for you to stop, then you will. A few days later that brother was so excited, because he found himself free a few days later.

NOW what does all of this show me…

It shows me we do NOT know truth UNTIL it is revealed to us, and most importantly "Truth is a person", and that person makes us free.

Upvote 0

ChristIsSovereign

Jun 9, 2016
Beaver Falls, New York
✟20,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I went thru something similar years ago. I thought I would never be free. Here is what happened.

I was sure God could no longer love me, my sins so great.

So let me tell you of two break throughs on the way to where I am now.

Years ago I was invited to a church, the guest speaker was from Poland, his English was OK, but it was with a heavy accent.

After the service he invited people up for prayer, so I went forward.

He prayed for me and as he did, he whispered my secret sins into my ear.

Now I knew he was hearing from God. Then he speaks in first person to me and, he says "I see your sin, but I also see your heart, I have not forsaken you, nor have I rejected you".

I started to weep, and praised God for his mercy. But this troubled me too. How could Jesus say these things when it was my sin that sent him to the cross?

Now one more example, this happened many years later…

I always had a very high sex drive. This troubled me despite what God said above it was a problem for me.

So one day I'm driving, and lusting. I cry out to God, where are you, why aren't you helping me with this!

All of a sudden I hear this statement "why don't you tell me the truth". I say "what truth"…Then my understanding is opened and I SEE!

I say OK Lord… "I don't want you to interfere, I love my sin and while I'm troubled about it, I don't want you to interfere".

Do you know what happened? I somehow forgot all those thoughts about sin and lust, if they came back I would confess this new found truth and somehow my mind would be distracted again.

This went on for a few days, and then I found myself free.

This reminds me of a guy named Tommy Williams from the 70's…A brother walks up to Tommy complaining that he can't stop smoking.

Tommy says "brother when Jesus is ready for you to stop, then you will. A few days later that brother was so excited, because he found himself free a few days later.

NOW what does all of this show me…

It shows me we do NOT know truth UNTIL it is revealed to us, and most importantly "Truth is a person", and that person makes us free.

I'll certainly pray for God to show me the way out.

Upvote 0

Rodo7777777

Jun 26, 2017
PNW
✟16,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'll certainly pray for God to show me the way out.

IF He reveals the truth to you, just agree with Him right away, and tell Him that you agree. I have shared the same story that I shared with you, with MANY men, and they have prayed those same words, and God made them free also. I am happy each time someone tells me that they are free.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Trust your rightstanding before God is what Christ did for you at calvary, not ceasing lust. Then sin shall not be your master( rom6:14)

And if in your heart you believe you are saved regardless of what you strive to do, that should help with the pride issue also

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,347.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Father I pray blessings on this request and for a victorious life that will bring you glory in Jesus name I pray. Also taking these needs before God in prayer on the bbnradio.org Family Altar program... BBN Program Schedule

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It takes a lot of courage to admit these things, God bless you and I pray the Holy Spirit will lead you, guide you and CHANGE you into the man of God that HE has created you to be, so that you will fulfill your destiny in this life until HE returns to take us home, in Jesus name. :prayer::prayer:

219863b75b3303b6a368ff90d6ea4572.jpg

Upvote 0