• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Prez Bush & God

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by kiwimac, Jul 2, 2003.

1. kiwimac

kiwimac Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian Supporter

+1,379
    New Zealand
    Utrecht
    Married
    AU-Greens
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica]Source :http://www.themoscowtimes.com/stori.../06/27/120.html[
    [font=verdana,arial,helvetica]
    Comments?
    [/font]

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Pete Harcoff

Pete Harcoff PeteAce - In memory of WinAce

+65
    Other Religion
    Yay, religious justification for warfare. When I hear stuff like this, it's just one more push towards atheism.

3. datan

datan Well-Known Member

+96
    Protestant
    funny...
    I could swear Osama said exactly the same thing, "God told me to strike at the infidels, and I did..."

4. Doctrine1st

Doctrine1st Official nitwit

+431
    US-Others
    I find this absolutely dangerous.

5. Goldstein

Goldstein Gatherer.Of.Data

+6
    Agnostic
    Those words came from an English -> Arabic -> English translation, so there's some question about what was actually said. The Washington Post did a little bit of follow up, and this is what they found:

6. Lanakila

Lanakila Not responsible for the changes here.

+208
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    Thanks for the clarification and follow-up article Goldstein. I appreciate it. Yes the election will keep him busy.

7. Doctrine1st

Doctrine1st Official nitwit

+431
    US-Others
    Doe's this mean it had nothing to do with 9/11?

8. datan

datan Well-Known Member

+96
    Protestant
    I dunno which is scarier...that the president of the United States hears voices in his head, or that he actually obeys them.

did 'God' also tell him to cut taxes for the rich and rob the poor as well? Or all-but-lie to the United Nations and the world?

but yes, I remember he did use the word 'crusade' way back right after sept 11.

wait...didn't Reagan believe in astrology and consult the stars as well?

9. 49erfan

49erfan Member

+4
    Protestant
    Actually it was Nancy Reagan who consulted the astrologer.

10. datan

datan Well-Known Member

+96
    Protestant
    ah...thanks for the clarification. it's good to know how US presidents make their decisions which affect just about everyone else on this planet.

11. foolsparade

foolsparade Well-Known Member

+24
    Atheist
    If the article is correct, then not only is it sad, but really dangerous. I never thought Bush was that bright anyway.