• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

pretty much no hope

raven1

Jun 6, 2011
Richmond, Va.
✟2,403.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I can't stop my doubt God doesnt exist
i can't stop my doubts heaven doesn't etc. because I can't prove it. I heard faith is a gift from God. I can't prove my doubt wont send me to hell. I can't prove I am good enough to exscape it
so what are my options to go to therapy to stifle the fears I should have or to be afraid all my life.

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Praying for your strength, hope, peace, and healing :crossrc:

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible,
Look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us,
That in difficult moments we might not despair nor become despondent,
But with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will,
Which is Love and Mercy itself.

~ The Divine Mercy Prayer

Upvote 0

steve_bakr

Christian
Aug 3, 2011
✟22,533.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
raven1 said:
I can't stop my doubt God doesnt exist
i can't stop my doubts heaven doesn't etc. because I can't prove it. I heard faith is a gift from God. I can't prove my doubt wont send me to hell. I can't prove I am good enough to exscape it
so what are my options to go to therapy to stifle the fears I should have or to be afraid all my life.

Seek the assistance of a psychiatrist who is sympathetic to religion.

Upvote 0

steve_bakr

Christian
Aug 3, 2011
✟22,533.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
servant of Merciful Love said:
Praying for your strength, hope, peace, and healing :crossrc:

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible,
Look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us,
That in difficult moments we might not despair nor become despondent,
But with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will,
Which is Love and Mercy itself.

~ The Divine Mercy Prayer

Amen and Amen.

Upvote 0

Lik3

Nov 21, 2011
South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Seek the assistance of a psychiatrist who is sympathetic to religion.

I agree. I can relate somewhat to your situation, having doubts about having something to do with eternal significance. That is hard to deal with. I will pray for you.

Upvote 0

kodadog1024

Aug 17, 2011
✟10,640.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
check this out Raven:

2011 Revisited – Hide and Seek
Posted: 08 Dec 2011 05:05 AM PST
As 2011 comes to an end, I’ve decided to post some of the top viewed blogs of the year that people really seemed to really enjoy. Here’s one that seemed to encourage a lot of you.

Hide and Seek

It is the glory of God to conceal a matter.
Proverbs 25:2

There’s a reason God’s will in specific situations is so difficult to know sometimes. Why it can be so hard to know what God wants you to do.

Who to date.
Where to go to college.
Who to marry.
Where to move.
What job to take.

It’s not because you’re not praying. You’re probably praying a lot. It’s not because you don’t want to know His will. Many of you really do.

According to this verse, it’s because God conceals.
But why? After all, that seems counterintuitive to God’s purposes and using you in them.

The reason isn’t because God doesn’t want you to know His will. He wants you to know it more than you want to know it. It’s because God wants something more for you than that.

Him.

God’s not up in heaven hiding His will hoping you’ll never be able to find it. But he does play hide and seek. Not because He doesn’t want us to find His will but because He wants us to find Him. If He put it out in plain view, we would seek His will instead of seeking Him.

That’s why he conceals it. That’s why it’s so hard.

God’s not trying to make His will plain. His will isn’t the main objective. He is the main objective. He wants you to discover Him most of all.

God isn’t the shortcut to your best life. He is your best life.
God doesn’t want to give you the guide for your life. He wants to be your Guide.

The scariest possibility for your life isn’t getting God’s will wrong. It’s getting God’s will right but barely coming to know God in the process.

You could love the right woman but lose your first love.
You could find the right career but then make it your god.

That’s why He doesn’t just write His will for you in the clouds. At the end of the process He wants you to know something far greater than what you should do with your life or what you should do next.

He wants you to know who He is.

Upvote 0

raven1

Jun 6, 2011
Richmond, Va.
✟2,403.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If I have nothing to worry about why does it say in the Bible that you must believe that Jesus died for your sins to have everlasting life. It doesnt say hope he is there. I used to know he was there now I dont. I need ultimate proof. He also says u must believe without seeing. That is y I think maybe I wasnt chosen to be saved or God doesnt exist ( is this denying God in itself to write this) because otherwise I would not have doubt. See before I could here athiests talk and it would not effect my believe nor was I curious about if what they believed was true and read athiests articles now that I doubt I wonder if they are right. Before I had the wonderful feeling God was 100 percent real. So it makes me wonder if he is there or y he took that away. I know I sound like a broken record and even had someone tell me I just want sympathy, really what would sympathy do for me. All I care about is not going to hell. Anyway, either it is I am going to hell or not. I cant have 100 percent proof I am not. People tell me all the time they doubt God I am just like them people say u are different u have Ocd u arent going to hell. Ocd that God exists doesnt exist it is a trust issue so I am no different, they cant trust either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cedward1

Aug 27, 2011
✟429.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is never hopeless raven. We have to trust in the mercy of God. His mercy endures forever! Forever is a long time. He delights to show mercy, too. So salvation is not something that you have to worry about God being reluctant to give you. It is possible that He will let you go through some periods of uncertainty, but in the end it will work out.

Belief is not a work, you know. I do think that the only amount of belief that God requires is the amount needed to say "Jesus help me". Everything from there on out is in the hands of Christ. He won't turn anyone away - He said so. We have to look away from ourselves and look to Christ alone for our salvation. It seems that something (possibly your anxiety disorder) has made you look at yourself to see if you satisfy God's requirements.

But your worry is more over the fact that you can't be 100% certain that you are saved, isn't it? I know that fear. It is not pleasant. Those of us with anxiety problems have a need to be 100% certain.

Upvote 0

raven1

Jun 6, 2011
Richmond, Va.
✟2,403.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah but my worry about salvation is because of my need for 100 percent certainty God and heaven exists. I can't seem to get to 100 percent. I am not even close to that. He said we must believe to receive heaven and not hell. I am like an agnostic. I can't know. All this is because I freak out about what happens when u if sleep, float around etc. or am I going to hell because I can't know there is. God or heaven. I can't even deal with the fact I may just go to sleep because I fear thinking about it will send me to hell.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

steve_bakr

Christian
Aug 3, 2011
✟22,533.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
raven1 said:
Yeah but my worry about salvation is because of my need for 100 percent certainty God and heaven exists. I can't seem to get to 100 percent. I am not even close to that. He said we must believe to receive heaven and not hell. I am like an agnostic. I can't know. All this is because I freak out about what happens when u if sleep, float around etc. or am I going to hell because I can't know there is. God or heaven. I can't even deal with the fact I may just go to sleep because I fear thinking about it will send me to hell.

You must believe or you wouldn't be worried about going to hell.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Dec 10, 2011
✟15,183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Dear Raven,

Fear not!
I know EXACTLY what you're going through! I'm OCD and have had ten billion and one doubts about the existence of Christ and God; doubts that have sent me into deep depression and given me feelings of hopelessness and segregation. I have good news for you, though. I have learned from other experienced Christians in my life that faith is NOT about being convinced in your mind that something is true, but rather CHOOSING to hold it as true despite whatever you think or feel. Faith is a CHOICE, a choice that no one, not even your doubting OCD mind can take away from you. As long as you continue to hold this trust in God, no matter how unrealistic He may seem to you, you are saved. I highly encourage you to read The Case For Faith by Lee Strobel, particularly the next to last chapter, which deals with the existence of doubt in a Christian's life. Also read a book called Can Christianity Cure Obsessive Compulsive Disorder? by Ian Osborn, which shows how other Christians like you, including Martin Luther, Paul Bunyan, and Saint Terese overcame obsessive compulsive disorder regarding their faith and salvation and ultimately used it as a part of their ministry. Don't give up, Raven! You have the Gift of Christ in your hands - you don't have to go through Middle Earth and back again to get it - all you have to do is open it!

Good luck and God bless

Upvote 0