Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well not entirely. A great many vaccines have existed during the history of the Adventist church and it never came up with a doctrine "against vaccines".

So it is not like this is some new thing with COVID when it comes to the church.

Our voted doctrines can be found here .. and none of them are on Vaccines
What do Seventh Day Adventists Really Believe? - Adventist.org

Reactions: Terri Dactyl
Upvote 0

The Narrow Way

Master Herbalist
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2011
Ohio
Visit site
✟150,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well not entirely. A great many vaccines have existed during the history of the Adventist church and it never came up with a doctrine "against vaccines".

So it is not like this is some new thing with COVID when it comes to the church.

No, the church has never been against vaccines, I agree...but this is something very different...vaccines and MANDATES.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No, the church has never been against vaccines, I agree...but this is something very different...vaccines and MANDATES.

If governments mandated that everyone wear blue shoes - we would not come up with a doctrine about that either.

Romans 13 sets some limits for us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Narrow Way

Master Herbalist
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2011
Ohio
Visit site
✟150,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

And @BobRyan, don't you think with the HEALTH MESSAGE being a CORE teaching of the Church that it would be NORMAL to think that the Church ought to AT LEAST give EXEMPTION letters to those who are convicted that this Corona shot is not healthy for their body? To me, that seems COMMON SENSE.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
And @BobRyan, don't you think with the HEALTH MESSAGE being a CORE teaching of the Church that it would be NORMAL to think that the Church ought to AT LEAST give EXEMPTION letters to those who are convicted that this Corona shot is not healthy for their body? To me, that seems COMMON SENSE.

We don't claim as a church to be the authority on vaccine science. We leave it to each person to decide for themselves. And that includes other things as well such as taking cold medicine or taking vitamins. We give no "exemption" letters or doctrinal positions on such things.

Upvote 0

The Narrow Way

Master Herbalist
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2011
Ohio
Visit site
✟150,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know a retired but still somewhat active SDA ordained minister who thinks taking the COVID vaccine is evil, but then that's his opinion.
I tend to agree with him.

Upvote 0

The Narrow Way

Master Herbalist
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2011
Ohio
Visit site
✟150,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know a retired but still somewhat active SDA ordained minister who thinks taking the COVID vaccine is evil, but then that's his opinion.
Perhaps if you are old, and don't have much time left in this old world, and don't want to follow the Health Message, maybe taking the JAB would be the thing to do....but I don't think it's good for most people....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Narrow Way

Master Herbalist
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2011
Ohio
Visit site
✟150,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know of at least one SDA church that offers exemption letters to those who need them. I don't think exemption letters hold much weight though, which just shows us the state of things in these last days.
My daughter in law is a NP, didn't want the shot....couldn't get an exemption from the Church....wrote up her own, and thankfully, University Hospitals accepted it!

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

and of course everyone is welcomed to their own opinion - that is for sure.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
My daughter in law is a NP, didn't want the shot....couldn't get an exemption from the Church....wrote up her own, and thankfully, University Hospitals accepted it!

Good for her - but I don't see why anyone would expect the church to have any more to do with vaccine exemptions in 2022 than they did in 1910

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
she could post that exemption letter here - so that anyone else that wanted a self-proclaimed religious exemption could at least attempt it.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,074.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
she could post that exemption letter here - so that anyone else that wanted a self-proclaimed religious exemption could at least attempt it.
Well, those didnt work too well. My sister in law had our church write up a exemption and the hospital ignored it until the mandatory date for the vaccine came up and she was forced to get it. As soon as they had vaccinated her and the other nurses, then they came out with the approval on the exemptions, they dont miss a trick.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums