Preterists and Futurists:

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I joined this board I had never heard these two terms so I inquired about them. I did not mean to start what appears to be a "holy war" between these two groups of people. I see the arguements for both sides but I also see a LOT of unanswered questions on both sides. Can we at least just agree that "For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever should beleiveth in him shall not perish but have everlasting life."

If I started all this hullabaloo please forgive me. I was just curious.

Scott

armothe

Living in HIS kingdom...
May 22, 2002
Visit site
✟16,561.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Constitution
My goal for being here is three-fold:

1) answer questions about Scripture; and if necessary, how it relates to Preterism.

2) demonstrate that Preterism is not a "heresy" as seen by many Futurists.

3) encourage Christians to put aside all preconcieved notions of doctrine, and read the Bible for the truth that it is.

-A

Upvote 0

Pericles

Christian
May 21, 2002
Dayton, Ohio
Visit site
✟702.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by ScottP
When I joined this board I had never heard these two terms so I inquired about them. I did not mean to start what appears to be a "holy war" between these two groups of people. I see the arguements for both sides but I also see a LOT of unanswered questions on both sides. Can we at least just agree that "For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever should beleiveth in him shall not perish but have everlasting life."

Scott

A critical mind is the key to understanding... I welcome your inquiry, and I welcome your scrutiny. If I believe in anything false, I would definitely want to know, but so far there is no evidence of that. I am continuously critical of my own position, therefore I learn new things every day.

I encourage you to also continue being critical. You will never be right if you are not willing to be wrong...

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by ScottP

Scott

Hi Scott, Preterists and Futurists do agree on that point, and that is why neither view jeopardizes ones salvation.

Eschatology is only a "side issue", however, I believe the integrity and inspiration of scripture are at stake here.

Yes you can believe in a "future coming" and be saved, but not in way that is consistant with scripture IMHO.

Those who are critics and skeptics of Christianity on the whole, use the very arguments preterists are using, only they use them to claim "non occourance" of Jesus prophesies.
Preterism is the only consistant, biblical way to address the skeptics issues of "non occourance".

You mentioned unanswered questions..... why don't you toss a few of those my way and I'll gladly effort a response.

YBIC,
P70

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.