Not open for further replies.

robycop3

Sep 16, 2014
✟107,962.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
There are a couple of preterist "safe houses" here where prets can post their stuff free of counterposts. However, I KNOW preterism is false, both partial and full. And here's how I know:

Full preterism is false because it's VERY-OBVIOUS Jesus hasn't returned. When He does return, He will be seen by all, as He said He will take over the rule of the world after casting the antichrist & false prophet alive into hell. He and His saints will reign over the earth for 1K years. And obviously, that hasn't occurred yet. if you think it has, please tell us the beast/antichrist's name, the date he took power, the name of his sidekick the false prophet, and describe the mark of the beast.

Partial is false because Jesus said He'd return IMMEDIATELY AFTER the great trib. If the trib has already occurred, Jesus is long-overdue !

I have in front of me the Encyclopaedia Britannica, Collier's, & World Book encyclopediae. And the occurrence of those events is NOT found in ANY of them.
Why?
They simply HAVEN'T YET OCCURRED !

Prets try to reduce "inconvenient" Scriptures to "figurative/symbolic" status to attempt to cover their lack of evidence for their doctrine, but that won't work, either.

Just face it, Ladies & Gents; your doctrine simply isn't true.

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are a couple of preterist "safe houses" here where prets can post their stuff free of counterposts. However, I KNOW preterism is false, both partial and full. And here's how I know:

Full preterism is false because it's VERY-OBVIOUS Jesus hasn't returned. When He does return, He will be seen by all, as He said He will take over the rule of the world after casting the antichrist & false prophet alive into hell. He and His saints will reign over the earth for 1K years. And obviously, that hasn't occurred yet. if you think it has, please tell us the beast/antichrist's name, the date he took power, the name of his sidekick the false prophet, and describe the mark of the beast.

Partial is false because Jesus said He'd return IMMEDIATELY AFTER the great trib. If the trib has already occurred, Jesus is long-overdue !

I have in front of me the Encyclopaedia Britannica, Collier's, & World Book encyclopediae. And the occurrence of those events is NOT found in ANY of them.
Why?
They simply HAVEN'T YET OCCURRED !

Prets try to reduce "inconvenient" Scriptures to "figurative/symbolic" status to attempt to cover their lack of evidence for their doctrine, but that won't work, either.

Just face it, Ladies & Gents; your doctrine simply isn't true.

Don't forget to add dispensational futurism to your list. It is eminently qualified, having been born in the Jesuit counterfeit counter-reformation of the apostasized papacy. It's pernicious fallacies and delusions were recognized and exposed by the historical Reformers' Scriptural diagnoses, and continue to be by discerning students of Scripture and the Reformation to this day.

By God's grace, another Reformation will arise to purge the Church of dispensational futurism's heresies and heterodoxies, and return the Church to the prophetic wisdom and enlightenment of the historical defenders of the true faith.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
He and His saints will reign over the earth for 1K years. And obviously, that hasn't occurred yet. if you think it has, please tell us the beast/antichrist's name, the date he took power, the name of his sidekick the false prophet, and describe the mark of the beast.
I think the partial preterists claim Nero was the Antichrist and the beast. I could be wrong about what they claim.

@jgr ... and the historists/reformers claim the pope/papacy is the Antichrist and the beast.

Reading Deuteronomy 30 again might help both groups. The Jews over there in Israel is because of what God said in Deuteronomy 30. They have yet to embrace Jesus, but they will.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

robycop3

Sep 16, 2014
✟107,962.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Don't forget to add dispensational futurism to your list. It is eminently qualified, having been born in the Jesuit counterfeit counter-reformation of the apostasized papacy. It's pernicious fallacies and delusions were recognized and exposed by the historical Reformers' Scriptural diagnoses, and continue to be by discerning students of Scripture and the Reformation to this day.

By God's grace, another Reformation will arise to purge the Church of dispensational futurism's heresies and heterodoxies, and return the Church to the prophetic wisdom and enlightenment of the historical defenders of the true faith.
Another preterist thingie is to call everyone who doesn't believe their unprovable doctrine a "dispy" I doubt is many of them even know what a dispy is.

Not wanting to get off the preterism subject too much in this thread, but God DEFINITELY has used different dispensations for worshipping Him, such as the Old Covenant, the time before He gave His law to Israel, & the New Covenant instituted by Jesus. so, "dispy" isn't false.

Upvote 0

robycop3

Sep 16, 2014
✟107,962.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I think the partial preterists claim Nero was the Antichrist and the beast. I could be wrong about what they claim.

@jgr ... and the historists/reformers claim the pope/papacy is the Antichrist and the beast.

Reading Deuteronomy 30 again might help both groups. The Jews over there in Israel is because of what God said in Deuteronomy 30. They have yet to embrace Jesus, but they will.

You're correct, Douggg. However, Nero, despite being a very naughty boy, fails on many counts to fulfill all the biblical criteria for the beast/antichrist. He did NOT overthrow 3 other rulers out of 10 rulers to become Caesar; he was appointed by his uncle Claudius & elected by the Senate. He did NOT enter the temple, set up his statue in it, & declare himself God. In fact, HE WAS NEVER IN JERUSALEM AT ALL! Nor did he have a false prophet as his sidekick.

Remember, Sportzz fanzz, the true beast/antichrist will fulfill EVERY Biblical criterion for this man, to the letter. The SDA & others thought they saw him in Hitler, especially since the RCC Reichstag delegates boosted him into full power, then having him turning on them, in seeming fulfillment of part of Rev. 17, but they failed to see the other failures to fulfill all the prophecies. His sidekick, Goebbels, was not a prophet. He was appointed Chancellor by Hindenburg; he didn't take power by force. He never dreamed of going to Jerusalem; besides, there was no temple there for him to have entered if he was to go there. While truly the most-evil man to have lived so far, he was NOT the beast. The beast will make Hitler seem like a naughty 2-yr. old in comparison.

Various people have umpteen candidates for the beast, from Genghis Khan to Donald Trump, but NONE have fulfilled the BIBLICAL CRITERIA for the beast, and there's still no temple in Jerusalem for him to enter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

robycop3

Sep 16, 2014
✟107,962.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The Jews fully intend to build a new temple in Jerusalem. They have all the building materials ready, as well as a "blueprint". They consecrated an altar last year to be placed in it, have made all the instruments to be used in it, & are breeding the animals, such as red heifers, to be used in temple rites. They fully intend to renew the sacrificial system again.

While this temple will be called a "temple of God", it won't be, of course, as JESUS won't be worshipped in it, but the world will view it as such, same as they believe the Amish are some sorta "super-Christians".

The Jews are waiting for the right time, when building this temple won't start WW3. It may be built before the beast comes to power, or shortly after, but it WILL be built. This will be the temple in which he will commit the "abomination of desolation".

Jesus said, "when you see the AOD..." This event did NOT occur in the old temple before it was destroyed, so no beast has come yet, and he won't become fully the beast til he commits the AOD.

And the AOD will be when he enters the temple, sets up his statue in it, & declares himself God.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟571,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think the partial preterists claim Nero was the Antichrist and the beast. I denominations be wrong about what they claim.

Partial preterists believe a good chunk of what's supposed to be about the future, was really about what happened to Jerusalem in 70 AD when Rome wiped it out in fiery holocaust fashion. I tend to think that's probably the case, but I'm certainly not committed to it.

Upvote 0

robycop3

Sep 16, 2014
✟107,962.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Partial preterists believe a good chunk of what's supposed to be about the future, was really about what happened to Jerusalem in 70 AD when Rome wiped it out in fiery holocaust fashion. I tend to think that's probably the case, but I'm certainly not committed to it.
The events of 66-70 AD were the fulfilling of the "days of vengeance" Jesus proclaimed against that generation of Jews in Luke 21. This was NOT a worldwide event as the great trib will be.

Rev. 3:10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ceallaigh

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟571,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The events of 66-70 AD were the fulfilling of the "days of vengeance" Jesus proclaimed against that generation of Jews in Luke 21. This was NOT a worldwide event as the great trib will be.

Rev. 3:10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth.

I'm sure there's a snappy preterist comeback to that. But I only nibble at the edges of eschatology.

Upvote 0

Berean Tim

Mar 19, 2017
Houston TX
✟145,630.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Jews fully intend to build a new temple in Jerusalem. They have all the building materials ready, as well as a "blueprint". They consecrated an altar last year to be placed in it, have made all the instruments to be used in it, & are breeding the animals, such as red heifers, to be used in temple rites. They fully intend to renew the sacrificial system again.

While this temple will be called a "temple of God", it won't be, of course, as JESUS won't be worshipped in it, but the world will view it as such, same as they believe the Amish are some sorta "super-Christians".

The Jews are waiting for the right time, when building this temple won't start WW3. It may be built before the beast comes to power, or shortly after, but it WILL be built. This will be the temple in which he will commit the "abomination of desolation".

Jesus said, "when you see the AOD..." This event did NOT occur in the old temple before it was destroyed, so no beast has come yet, and he won't become fully the beast til he commits the AOD.

And the AOD will be when he enters the temple, sets up his statue in it, & declares himself God.
I believe there will be a building program, but it (Temple) could be as simple as a tent to fulfill prophecy

Upvote 0

robycop3

Sep 16, 2014
✟107,962.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I believe there will be a building program, but it (Temple) could be as simple as a tent to fulfill prophecy
Yes, we won't know what it it'll look like til it's built.(If we live long enough, or we're not raptured first.) But the Jews have marble stored for the building.

• Agree
Reactions: Berean Tim
Upvote 0

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Should be quite a show. I'm stocked up on popcorn.

Sozomen (ca. A.D.375-447)
"Ecclesiastical History"
Book V, Chapter XXII

Though the emperor [Julian the Apostate] hated and oppressed the Christians, he manifested benevolence and humanity towards the Jews. He wrote to the Jewish patriarchs and leaders, as well as to the people, requesting them to pray for him, and for the prosperity of the empire. In taking this step he was not actuated, I am convinced, by any respect for their religion; for he was aware that it is, so to speak, the mother of the Christian religion, and he knew that both religions rest upon the authority of the patriarchs and the prophets; but he thought to grieve the Christians by favoring the Jews, who are their most inveterate enemies. But perhaps he also calculated upon persuading the Jews to embrace paganism and sacrifices; for they were only acquainted with the mere letter of Scripture, and could not, like the Christians and a few of the wisest among the Hebrews, discern the hidden meaning.

Events proved that this was his real motive; for he sent for some of the chiefs of the race and exhorted them to return to the observance of the laws of Moses and the customs of their fathers. On their replying that because the temple in Jerusalem was overturned, it was neither lawful nor ancestral to do this in another place than the metropolis out of which they had been cast, he gave them public money, commanded them to rebuild the temple, and to practice the cult similar to that of their ancestors, by sacrificing after the ancient way. The Jews entered upon the undertaking, without reflecting that, according to the prediction of the holy prophets, it could not be accomplished. They sought for the most skillful artisans, collected materials, cleared the ground, and entered so earnestly upon the task, that even the women carried heaps of earth, and brought their necklaces and other female ornaments towards defraying the expense. The emperor, the other pagans, and all the Jews, regarded every other undertaking as secondary in importance to this. Although the pagans were not well-disposed towards the Jews, yet they assisted them in this enterprise, because they reckoned upon its ultimate success, and hoped by this means to falsify the prophecies of Christ. Besides this motive, the Jews themselves were impelled by the consideration that the time had arrived for rebuilding their temple. When they had removed the ruins of the former building, they dug up the ground and cleared away its foundation; it is said that on the following day when they were about to lay the first foundation, a great earthquake occurred, and by the violent agitation of the earth, stones were thrown up from the depths, by which those of the Jews who were engaged in the work were wounded, as likewise those who were merely looking on. The houses and public porticos, near the site of the temple, in which they had diverted themselves, were suddenly thrown down; many were caught thereby, some perished immediately, others were found half dead and mutilated of hands or legs, others were injured in other parts of the body. When God caused the earthquake to cease, the workmen who survived again returned to their task, partly because such was the edict of the emperor, and partly because they were themselves interested in the undertaking. Men often, in endeavoring to gratify their own passions, seek what is injurious to them, reject what would be truly advantageous, and are deluded-by the idea that nothing is really useful except what is agreeable to them. When once led astray by this error, they are no longer able to act in a manner conducive to their own interests, or to take warning by the calamities which are visited upon them.

The Jews, I believe, were just in this state; for, instead of regarding this unexpected earthquake as a manifest indication that God was opposed to the re-erection of their temple, they proceeded to recommence the work. But all parties relate, that they had scarcely returned to the undertaking, when fire burst suddenly from the foundations of the temple, and consumed several of the workmen.

This fact is fearlessly stated, and believed by all; the only discrepancy in the narrative is that some maintain that flame burst from the interior of the temple, as the workmen were striving to force an entrance, while others say that the fire proceeded directly from the earth. In whichever way the phenomenon might have occurred, it is equally wonderful. A more tangible and still more extraordinary prodigy ensued; suddenly the sign of the cross appeared spontaneously on the garments of the persons engaged in the undertaking. These crosses were disposed like stars, and appeared the work of art. Many were hence led to confess that Christ is God, and that the rebuilding of the temple was not pleasing to Him; others presented themselves in the church, were initiated, and besought Christ, with hymns and supplications, to pardon their transgression. If any one does not feel disposed to believe my narrative, let him go and be convinced by those who heard the facts I have related from the eyewitnesses of them, for they are still alive. Let him inquire, also, of the Jews and pagans who left the work in an incomplete state, or who, to speak more accurately, were able to commence it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ceallaigh

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟571,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Whatever answer they may have will be wrong if it disagrees with Scripture in the slightest.

Probably not a disagreement with scripture, but rather a disagreement with interpretation.

Upvote 0

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Another preterist thingie is to call everyone who doesn't believe their unprovable doctrine a "dispy" I doubt is many of them even know what a dispy is.

Not wanting to get off the preterism subject too much in this thread, but God DEFINITELY has used different dispensations for worshipping Him, such as the Old Covenant, the time before He gave His law to Israel, & the New Covenant instituted by Jesus. so, "dispy" isn't false.

The word "dispy" does not appear in my post. I prefer the abbreviation "dispen".

It's gratifying to see that you recognize that the New Covenant was instituted by Jesus. Many if not most dispens do not believe that the New Covenant has been a fulfilled reality since Calvary for all who are in Christ. They believe instead that it will only be fulfilled in end-time Israel.

Upvote 0

robycop3

Sep 16, 2014
✟107,962.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Should be quite a show. I'm stocked up on popcorn.

Sozomen (ca. A.D.375-447)
"Ecclesiastical History"
Book V, Chapter XXII

Though the emperor [Julian the Apostate] hated and oppressed the Christians, he manifested benevolence and humanity towards the Jews. He wrote to the Jewish patriarchs and leaders, as well as to the people, requesting them to pray for him, and for the prosperity of the empire. In taking this step he was not actuated, I am convinced, by any respect for their religion; for he was aware that it is, so to speak, the mother of the Christian religion, and he knew that both religions rest upon the authority of the patriarchs and the prophets; but he thought to grieve the Christians by favoring the Jews, who are their most inveterate enemies. But perhaps he also calculated upon persuading the Jews to embrace paganism and sacrifices; for they were only acquainted with the mere letter of Scripture, and could not, like the Christians and a few of the wisest among the Hebrews, discern the hidden meaning.

Events proved that this was his real motive; for he sent for some of the chiefs of the race and exhorted them to return to the observance of the laws of Moses and the customs of their fathers. On their replying that because the temple in Jerusalem was overturned, it was neither lawful nor ancestral to do this in another place than the metropolis out of which they had been cast, he gave them public money, commanded them to rebuild the temple, and to practice the cult similar to that of their ancestors, by sacrificing after the ancient way. The Jews entered upon the undertaking, without reflecting that, according to the prediction of the holy prophets, it could not be accomplished. They sought for the most skillful artisans, collected materials, cleared the ground, and entered so earnestly upon the task, that even the women carried heaps of earth, and brought their necklaces and other female ornaments towards defraying the expense. The emperor, the other pagans, and all the Jews, regarded every other undertaking as secondary in importance to this. Although the pagans were not well-disposed towards the Jews, yet they assisted them in this enterprise, because they reckoned upon its ultimate success, and hoped by this means to falsify the prophecies of Christ. Besides this motive, the Jews themselves were impelled by the consideration that the time had arrived for rebuilding their temple. When they had removed the ruins of the former building, they dug up the ground and cleared away its foundation; it is said that on the following day when they were about to lay the first foundation, a great earthquake occurred, and by the violent agitation of the earth, stones were thrown up from the depths, by which those of the Jews who were engaged in the work were wounded, as likewise those who were merely looking on. The houses and public porticos, near the site of the temple, in which they had diverted themselves, were suddenly thrown down; many were caught thereby, some perished immediately, others were found half dead and mutilated of hands or legs, others were injured in other parts of the body. When God caused the earthquake to cease, the workmen who survived again returned to their task, partly because such was the edict of the emperor, and partly because they were themselves interested in the undertaking. Men often, in endeavoring to gratify their own passions, seek what is injurious to them, reject what would be truly advantageous, and are deluded-by the idea that nothing is really useful except what is agreeable to them. When once led astray by this error, they are no longer able to act in a manner conducive to their own interests, or to take warning by the calamities which are visited upon them.

The Jews, I believe, were just in this state; for, instead of regarding this unexpected earthquake as a manifest indication that God was opposed to the re-erection of their temple, they proceeded to recommence the work. But all parties relate, that they had scarcely returned to the undertaking, when fire burst suddenly from the foundations of the temple, and consumed several of the workmen.

This fact is fearlessly stated, and believed by all; the only discrepancy in the narrative is that some maintain that flame burst from the interior of the temple, as the workmen were striving to force an entrance, while others say that the fire proceeded directly from the earth. In whichever way the phenomenon might have occurred, it is equally wonderful. A more tangible and still more extraordinary prodigy ensued; suddenly the sign of the cross appeared spontaneously on the garments of the persons engaged in the undertaking. These crosses were disposed like stars, and appeared the work of art. Many were hence led to confess that Christ is God, and that the rebuilding of the temple was not pleasing to Him; others presented themselves in the church, were initiated, and besought Christ, with hymns and supplications, to pardon their transgression. If any one does not feel disposed to believe my narrative, let him go and be convinced by those who heard the facts I have related from the eyewitnesses of them, for they are still alive. Let him inquire, also, of the Jews and pagans who left the work in an incomplete state, or who, to speak more accurately, were able to commence it.
When God's time comes, the Jews will build a new temple in Jerusalem.

• Agree
Reactions: Douggg
Upvote 0

robycop3

Sep 16, 2014
✟107,962.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The word "dispy" does not appear in my post. I prefer the abbreviation "dispen".

It's gratifying to see that you recognize that the New Covenant was instituted by Jesus. Many if not most dispens do not believe that the New Covenant has been a fulfilled reality since Calvary for all who are in Christ. They believe instead that it will only be fulfilled in end-time Israel.
The dispensations I believe in are the one from Adam to the Exodus, when God gave His law to Israel-the time from the lawgiving til Jesus came & instituted the New Covenant, which we're still under, the millenium that'll begin when Jesus returns, and the world after the millenium is over & the New Jerusalem comes down from heaven. All those are made plain in Scripture.

• Agree
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.