• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Preterism-phony as a Ford Corvette

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by robycop3, Aug 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgr

jgr Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,809
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Married
    You didn't answer the question.

Are you confident that what he claims is true?

Yes or no?

2. robycop3

robycop3 Newbie

+474
    Baptist
    Married
    Nupe. There was no great trib then, & He certainly didn't physically, visible return.

3. robycop3

robycop3 Newbie

+474
    Baptist
    Married
    Newp! YOU have, in denying it. Unlike you, I showed evidence for my point.

4. robycop3

robycop3 Newbie

+474
    Baptist
    Married
    I know you mean well, Douggg, but you're making the same error prets make in counting the Roman rulers only from Julius Caesar onward. Remember, Rome was around some 600 years before Julius was born.

5. robycop3

robycop3 Newbie

+474
    Baptist
    Married
    How many are actually Christians, I wonder?

And no one can deny the "new normal" is now open homosexuality, gender-benders, fornicators, etc. & that many church services are shams, just paying God a little lip service while concentrating on music & social events. This is worldwide, not just in the USA. That's the great falling away.

6. robycop3

robycop3 Newbie

+474
    Baptist
    Married
    Yes. Why should he post guesswork, klnowing the reputation of the encyclopedia & of its authors would be permanently sullied by printing a fake report.

7. jgr

+4,809
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Married
    True.

8. Hammster

Hammster I’m for peace, but when I speak, They are for war. Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+22,271
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    And He didn’t say that He would. So it has still all taken place.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
  9. Ed Parenteau

Ed Parenteau Member Supporter

+84
    Christian
    Married
    If you would have read the article that I linked, you would have found out they are very conservative. I remember when Obama was president and tried to get homosexual rights in Nigeria, their president told him to take a hike because they don't accept that there.

10. Douggg

Douggg anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist

+2,624
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    The reason for starting with Julius Caesar is because the 7 kings are related. Julius Caesar to Nero were 6 sequential leaders of the Roman Empire of the same family - called the Julio-Claudians.

The next dynasty were the Flavians.

The idea to make the kings the into kingdoms has been around for quiet a while now. Chuck Missler took that point of view. But I don't think it is right because it requires making the kings into kingdoms.

11. jgr

+4,809
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Married
    In response to my question above:
    "You didn't answer the question.
    Are you confident that what he claims is true?
    Yes or no?"

You answered "Yes" as seen above.

As you'll notice, in agreeing that you're confident that the Colliers account is true, you've affirmed that account, as seen from the dictionary definition of affirm below:

Dictionary definition of affirm:
    Essential Meaning of affirm
    1 formal : to say that something is true in a confident way

Previously, you repeated information from the Colliers account.
    Then you affirmed it.
    You didn't have to explicitly declare that "this information is true".
    You affirmed it simply by repeating it unconditionally.

Same with the commentators that I cited previously.
    They didn't have to explicitly declare that "this information is true".
    By repeating information from Josephus' and Tacitus' accounts unconditionally, they too affirmed them.

Now you know the synonymous relationship between "repeat" and "affirm".

You've demonstrated it yourself.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
  12. Ed Parenteau

Ed Parenteau Member Supporter

+84
    Christian
    Married
    Then why would they want to kill him for teaching what they taught about the resurrection? He must have taught something different than their view of the resurrection, even though they both taught there would be a resurrection.
    Paul said it is sown a natural (physical) body, it is raised a spiritual (supernatural) body. This perishable can not inherit the imperishable.
    Everything physical decays. How can we be physical and unseen at the same time?
    2 Corinthians 4:16Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. 17For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, 18while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

13. Timtofly

Timtofly Well-Known Member

+410
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    The Cross was the first physical resurrection. All the OT who came out of Abraham's bosom.

The Second Coming is the resurrection of those alive on earth from corruptible bodies to incorruptible bodies.

The End is at the GWT. How many dead are going to receive Everlasting Life there?

All 3 represent a new permanent incorruptible physical body.

The resurrection in Revelation 20:4 is a first/physical resurrection to live on earth for 1000 years without dying.

14. robycop3

robycop3 Newbie

+474
    Baptist
    Married
    Yes, He DID. Please read Matt. 24 & Rev. 20.

15. robycop3

robycop3 Newbie

+474
    Baptist
    Married
    Scripture makes kingdoms "kings" elsewhere, starting in Genesis.

16. robycop3

robycop3 Newbie

+474
    Baptist
    Married
    You're beating a dead horse. According to the dictionary, 'repeat' does NOT mean 'affirm'. Repeat means to say or write again, while affirm means PROVING it's true. In the 1930s, Goebbels often repeated Hitler's lies, but that didn't AFFIRM them; they still remained lies.

17. Douggg

Douggg anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist

+2,624
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    In Revelation 17, in verse 10, it is "kings".

Then in verse 17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

The ten kings give their "kingdom" to the beast. So the kingdom of the 7 kings, and the beast, who is of the seven - is one kingdom. As in Daniel 7, the ten kings and the little horn come out of the fourth kingdom.

18. Hammster

Hammster I’m for peace, but when I speak, They are for war. Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+22,271
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    Once again (which you already agreed with me on), coming on the clouds isn’t a physical return.

19. robycop3

robycop3 Newbie

+474
    Baptist
    Married
    But in Rev. 17:10, the 'kings' are KINGDOMS. The "6th king", the one that then was, was ROME, not Nero. And there were quite a few after Nero. After Gen. Galba ousted Nero, there were four in that year alone, counting Galba. Vespasian ended the turmoil.

No, V. 10 refers to kingDOMS. But I'll agree that the horns of the scarlet beast will be kings or rulers by whatever titles they'll have.

20. robycop3

robycop3 Newbie

+474
    Baptist
    Married
    ...Except He didn't then return, except that He is present whenever/wherever 2 or more are gathered in His name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.