Not open for further replies.

robycop3

Sep 16, 2014
✟115,462.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Sir, you believe in a future temple of God that wouldn't even be a temple of God. So, I don't think you're in a position to tell me how I should understand what Paul was talking about. Once you are able to give me an explanation of how a future physical temple could possibly be the temple of God that Paul was talking about then get back to me. And don't forget to provide evidence that it would be something that Paul himself would consider to be the temple of God.
If, in a vision, Paul saw sacrifices offered in it, etc, same as were offered in the temple of his day, he'd believe it.

Upvote 0

robycop3

Sep 16, 2014
✟115,462.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
As a budding pret I'd disagree, but who knows, perhaps my opinion on eschatology will change as many other opinions of mine have. May Christ alone remain.

Just examine any history book you wish, & see if the occurrence of the eschatological events is mentioned. That should free you of the preterism myth.

Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The rest of the world THINKING it is. Remember, God will cast STRONG DELUSION on the followers of the beast/antichrist.
Where does Paul indicate that God sending strong delusion would have anything to do with making people believe a future temple would be the temple of God even when it's not actually the temple of God?

Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul believed the standing physical temple was the temple of God, so, if he saw a similar one in a vision, he'd believe it was a TOG as well.
If, in a vision, Paul saw sacrifices offered in it, etc, same as were offered in the temple of his day, he'd believe it.
You understand that Paul was inspired by the Holy Spirit, right? He didn't write things that he thought were true that might not have actually been true. God forbid! Are you kidding me? No, he wrote things that the Holy Spirit KNEW were true and were revealed to Paul.

There is no basis whatsoever for thinking that Paul was referencing a temple that was not actually the temple of God or else he would have made it clear he was doing that. Instead, he just called it the temple of God. So, that's what it is and not some fake temple of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why? Only one will sit in the temple & proclaim himself God. And no one, of course, could set up a statue in a spiritual temple.
This is all the response you have for what I said in that post?

You're referring here to setting up a statue in the temple. What are you talking about?

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Paul believed the standing physical temple was the temple of God

What Bible are you reading that in?

There is not a single Scripture in which Paul refers to the standing physical temple as the "temple of God".

Paul is careful and consistent in reserving his use of that expression to mean the Church.

You're espousing a dispensational delusion.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Spiritual Jew
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I KNOW preterism is false, both partial and full.
You're right, of course. The Temple was never desecrated, and is standing right where it was when our Lord's disciples asked Him about it to tis very day. Sacrifice and oblation continue there unabated. None of the disciples ever saw Jerusalem surrounded by armies, and there was never any reason to flee the city. No nation has ever risen against another nation, there have been no wars nor rumors thereof, the Church has never faced persecution, there was never any requirement for people to make sacrifice to the emperor in order to legally buy or sell, ad infinitum.

You KNOW none of those thing has happened, because preterists believe that some or all of them really have, and you KNOW that preterism both partial and full, are false.

Just out of curiousity, are you into the flat earth thing as well?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Jews fully intend to build a new temple in Jerusalem.
Some do. Some Southerners fully intend to have the Southern states secede from the US again and reestablish the old Confederacy. One's about as likely as the other.

They have all the building materials ready, as well as a "blueprint".
Right. It's stashed in Moishe's garage.

They consecrated an altar last year to be placed in it, have made all the instruments to be used in it, & are breeding the animals, such as red heifers, to be used in temple rites. They fully intend to renew the sacrificial system again.
If they can recruit a few geniune Levites.

While this temple will be called a "temple of God"
More likely to be called an American Evangelical pipe dream.

The Jews are waiting for the right time
Or a least a few dozen of them are.

It may be built before the beast comes to power, or shortly after, but it WILL be built. This will be the temple in which he will commit the "abomination of desolation".
Roman legionaries already dd that. History, gotta hate it.

Jesus said, "when you see the AOD..." This event did NOT occur in the old temple before it was destroyed
Yep, it did.

so no beast has come yet
Nero.

he won't become fully the beast til he commits the AOD.
Missed it by a couple of millennia.

Upvote 0

robycop3

Sep 16, 2014
✟115,462.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You understand that Paul was inspired by the Holy Spirit, right? He didn't write things that he thought were true that might not have actually been true. God forbid! Are you kidding me? No, he wrote things that the Holy Spirit KNEW were true and were revealed to Paul.

There is no basis whatsoever for thinking that Paul was referencing a temple that was not actually the temple of God or else he would have made it clear he was doing that. Instead, he just called it the temple of God. So, that's what it is and not some fake temple of God.
But he might've seen a vision; the coming temple will resemble the one Paul knew in many ways. We'll know when it comes.

Upvote 0

robycop3

Sep 16, 2014
✟115,462.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You're right, of course. The Temple was never desecrated, and is standing right where it was when our Lord's disciples asked Him about it to tis very day. Sacrifice and oblation continue there unabated. None of the disciples ever saw Jerusalem surrounded by armies, and there was never any reason to flee the city. No nation has ever risen against another nation, there have been no wars nor rumors thereof, the Church has never faced persecution, there was never any requirement for people to make sacrifice to the emperor in order to legally buy or sell, ad infinitum.

You KNOW none of those thing has happened, because preterists believe that some or all of them really have, and you KNOW that preterism both partial and full, are false.

Just out of curiousity, are you into the flat earth thing as well?
Another illusionary, I see, who doesn't know history & makes Scripture believe what he wants.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

robycop3

Sep 16, 2014
✟115,462.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Some do. Some Southerners fully intend to have the Southern states secede from the US again and reestablish the old Confederacy. One's about as likely as the other.
Except GOD didn't say "The Sough shall rise again".

Right. It's stashed in Moishe's garage.
Don't know where they have it stashed, but it's ready.

If they can recruit a few geniune Levites.
Easy. About any Jewish male surnamed "Cohen".

More likely to be called an American Evangelical pipe dream.
Nupe. Truth.

Or a least a few dozen of them are.
Actually, a lot mpore than you imagine.

Roman legionaries already dd that. History, gotta hate it.
MMRRPP! WRONG!
No Roman entered that temple, set up a statue of himself in it, not declared himself to be God in it.

Yep, it did.
Newp.

MMRRPP ! WRONG AGAIN !
I explained in a previous post above whi it couldn''ve been Nero.

Missed it by a couple of millennia.

Newp! Aint yet happened. If it did, Jesus is long-overdue.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Common sense says the beast will be the antichrist.
@parousia70 as well.

The Antichrist is when the person is the King of Israel (Anti - instead of and against Jesus the rightful King of Israel).

When the person becomes the beast, he will no longer be the King of Israel, no longer the Antichrist, but instead dictator of the EU, the end time Roman Empire.

Here is the path of the person to becoming the beast.

upload_2021-8-29_14-51-18.jpeg

Upvote 0

3 Resurrections

That's 666 YEARS, folks
Aug 21, 2021
Taylors
✟84,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Here is the path of the person to becoming the beast.

I like drawings for illustration purposes as much as the next person, but that one bears no resemblance whatever to the scripture.

GOG is said to be ISRAEL in the LXX. (Numbers 24:5-9) It was going to be a CIVIL WAR taking place in Israel, when "every man's hand shall be against his brother" in Ezekiel 38:21.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.