✟38,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
(Staff edit)

only the seed of the serpent says the tree of knowledge is already in the lake of fire ...when there is a sea of people using it right now. That's what Preterists are saying for Rev 20 to already be over.

Does any of This Sound like a Jew could be Saved without JESUS? Preterists need The NT to be Written to Jews ...it doesn't work.

Hebrews 9:15-18 KJV — And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth. Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.

See they had to Recognize JESUS for Inheritance ...not Mosaic Law:

Matthew 23:37-39 KJV — O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

John 8:31 KJV — Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

They were already Broken off before 70 A.D. That means Preterists can't claim that Jews could be Saved Between The Cross and 70 A.D. without CHRIST:

Romans 11:20-22 KJV — Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Preterists need Rev Written to Jews in Asia minor ...which wasn't Israel. They need to pretend there is a difference between Jew and Gentile ...you either have JESUS as your LORD ...or you don't get Everlasting LIFE.

Romans 10:12-13 KJV — For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Peter was rebuked by Paul for favoring Jews.

Paul was an Apostle to the Gentiles:

Romans 11:13 KJV — For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

Paul announced he was quitting ministry to Jews in The Book of Acts ...Were Paul's Epistles after that announcement?

Acts 18:6 KJV — And when they opposed themselves, and blasphemed, he shook his raiment, and said unto them, Your blood be upon your own heads; I am clean: from henceforth I will go unto the Gentiles.

Romans 13:11 KJV — And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

--

Preterists need to claim all things Pertaining to GOD were Fulfilled in 70 A.D. ...not just What was Discussed in The Olivet Discourse.

Luke 18:31 KJV — Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

Luke 24:43-44 KJV — And he took it, and did eat before them. And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

John 19:28 KJV — After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.

--

This is clearly about gog and magog being Devoured ...not The City. The Physical City was destroyed back in Chapter 11.

Revelation 20:8-9 KJV — And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

--
The Feast Days were a Shadow Pointing to JESUS:

Colossians 2:15-17 KJV — And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it. Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

--

GOD waited until 70 A.D. to allow Jews to become jealous of Christians. And for Christians to be in a 40 Year Trial (Moses in the wilderness).
They could continue to call themselves Jews until 70 A.D. but they could Not get Eternal LIFE without JESUS. Preterists need them to ...to claim The NT was Written to Jews. Why would GOD bother Making them Jealous if they were Saved anyways? The Law of sin and death was Fulfilled on The Cross.
The Mosaic Law could continue ...but what difference did It make? Do you think Jews were Saved by doing That Law? JESUS Told them they were gaming the system.

[Rev 3:9 KJV] Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

[Rom 11:11 KJV] I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

[Rom 10:19 KJV] But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you.

[Deu 32:20 KJV] And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom is no faith.
"No Faith"???

[Deu 32:21 KJV] They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation.
[Deu 32:22 KJV] For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains.

--
Preterists think Rev Happened in 3.5 Years. GOD Said to Write about the future ...3.5 Years? no, that's not how This works.

[Daniel 12:7 KJV] And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

And
[Revelation 10:5-6 KJV] And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven,
[6] And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:

"time no longer" instead of 3.5 Years. End of The Mosaic Age. A Heaven and Earth passing away. That was in Chapter 10 ...so in Chapter 11 is 70 A.D.
3.5 Years:

Revelation 11:3 KJV — And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

[Revelation 11:15 KJV] And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

[1 Corinthians 15:24 KJV] Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

The Mosaic Judgment:
[Revelation 11:18 KJV] And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

[Revelation 11:19 KJV] And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

JESUS Said they would Judge The Twelve Tribes at The First Judgment (Rev 11) ...we are not The Twelve Tribes:

Matthew 19:28 KJV — And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

--

Preterists want to say there was no Covenant between The Cross and 70 A.D. ...but the early Christians could already Spiritually be In It. They couldn't have Redeemed Bodies yet.

[Revelation 1:9 KJV] I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Colossians 1:13 KJV — Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

--

What Jew had Law Written to their Heart? That's the Same as having a Circumcised Heart ...are you saying they had One?

Romans 2:28-29 KJV — For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Hebrews 10:16-18 KJV — This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

--
claiming satan isn't accessible is the oldest trick in the book. this is necessary for Preterists as they need satan to be over with for Rev 20 to have completed. it doesn't take a genius to figure out people can still choose satan's will today.

JESUS was tempted to use satan's will in the wilderness ...what do you think Scripture was Saying?

Man is Born in GOD'S Image ...they are saying it's impossible to choose what Adam chose anymore ...satan's will.

Genesis 1:26 KJV — And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Adam and Eve were not the first humans ...still Born in GOD'S Image though. Eve thought she could continue in her Relationship to GOD and do satan's will at the same time.

anyone doing satan's will is his child.

Preterists can't see lucifer being the son of the morning attacking Job.

You literally can't choose away from GOD'S Will without satan's will of death.

--

Preterists need Jews to be satan in Revelation ...ridiculous.
Most Jews thought they just had to follow The Law and make sure they appeared to be following Them in front of other people. They thought they gamed the system just like people today. They were not doing things from the heart. no one keeps Eternal LIFE with a rotten will ...rotten soul. they were not anymore evil than the false church today.

When the Apostles addressed Jews ...they usually start out by Saying Jews killed JESUS ...weird how None of the Books of The NT Start out that way ...why? Because They were not Written to Jews.

Acts 2:22-23 KJV — Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

Is the Woman of Revelation 12 standing on a desolate moon because it represents the Old Covenant and Heaven/Earth passing away for the Jews?
The Moon is Mount Sinai.

When GOD Gave us different Increments of Time ...was He Saying different Instances of 3.5 Years? Meaning Rev is not only 3.5 Years?

Why were there only Seven Church Letters? Could it have been because they were in the past? Used as Symbolism for the rest of us? Why was each Letter Written to a Church Angel?

Do you think The Book of Hebrews doesn't apply to you? then you are just as mistaken as a Preterist. Do you think all Christians don't need to know about Getting past The Veil into The Spiritual Born Again Temple?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reborn-Adopted

Dec 28, 2022
West PA
✟38,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Preterist comment (keep in mind ...they really really need unbelieving Jews to be Saved after The Cross): "Faithful, RIGHTEOUS Israelites received the inheritance under the Law of Moses until it passed away! How can you accuse GOD of being a covenant breaker? That precious blood of Jesus saved them just as it saves righteous men under the New! God kept His promises to Israel....their iniquities were washed away!"

----------------------

oh, you are just like the false church thinking This is about having your sins Forgiven ...It isn't. You don't have Eternal LIFE Inheritance unless you refuse death in the future. That wasn't in The Mosaic Covenant ...They couldn't have a Circumcised heart.

Romans 9:15 KJV — For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

Do you think you were Called just by being a pharisee?

Hebrews 9:15 KJV — And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Galatians 3:11 KJV — But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Romans 3:20 KJV — Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Guess how many people got into The Promise Land with The Mosaic Covenant from Mount Sinai?

Numbers 14:30 KJV — Doubtless ye shall not come into the land, concerning which I sware to make you dwell therein, save Caleb the son of Jephunneh, and Joshua the son of Nun.

Upvote 0

Reborn-Adopted

Dec 28, 2022
West PA
✟38,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hebrews 10:1 For the law, having a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with these same sacrifices, which they offer continually year by year, make those who approach perfect.

[Hebrews 7:19 KJV] For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

The Books were not Written before 70 A.D. as far as any Evidence shows. Preterists demand all Books of The Bible were Written to other people than themselves. As if The HOLY SPIRIT didn't Write It for all Christians. they are saying nothing applies to them so they don't have to Obey anything.

[2 Thessalonians 2:15 KJV] Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

Upvote 0

Reborn-Adopted

Dec 28, 2022
West PA
✟38,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Preterists want the mother of harlots (babylon) to be Israel throughout Revelation because they want This Book to be a warning to literal Jews of 70 A.D.

The desolate Moon The Woman is standing on in Revelation 12 is Mount Sinai ...the Old Covenant ...a Heaven/Earth/Age passing away.

Galatians 4:24-26 KJV — Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Hosea 4:5 KJV — Therefore shalt thou fall in the day, and the prophet also shall fall with thee in the night, and I will destroy thy mother.

Jeremiah 51:33 NKJV — For thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: “The daughter of Babylon is like a threshing floor When it is time to thresh her; Yet a little while And the time of her harvest will come.”

New Jerusalem is Mount Zion?

People about to give birth in Scripture is people about to be Delivered. Male or Female ...just look at Jacob's Trouble.

[Jeremiah 30:6 KJV] Ask ye now, and see whether a man doth travail with child? wherefore do I see every man with his hands on his loins, as a woman in travail, and all faces are turned into paleness?
[7] Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble; but he shall be saved out of it.
[8] For it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD of hosts, that I will break his yoke from off thy neck, and will burst thy bonds, and strangers shall no more serve themselves of him:
[9] But they shall serve the LORD their God, and David their king, whom I will raise up unto them.
[10] Therefore fear thou not, O my servant Jacob, saith the LORD; neither be dismayed, O Israel: for, lo, I will save thee from afar, and thy seed from the land of their captivity; and Jacob shall return, and shall be in rest, and be quiet, and none shall make him afraid.

Micah 4:10 KJV — Be in pain, and labour to bring forth, O daughter of Zion, like a woman in travail: for now shalt thou go forth out of the city, and thou shalt dwell in the field, and thou shalt go even to Babylon; there shalt thou be delivered; there the LORD shall redeem thee from the hand of thine enemies.

The Mother of Living Churches (Eve) Gave Birth to Christianity in Rev 12.

Jews were a daughter of babylon ...and most today are a daughter of babylon.

[Isa 47:1, 5-9 KJV] 1 Come down, and sit in the dust, O virgin daughter of Babylon, sit on the ground: [there is] no throne, O daughter of the Chaldeans: for thou shalt no more be called tender and delicate. ... 5 Sit thou silent, and get thee into darkness, O daughter of the Chaldeans: for thou shalt no more be called, The lady of kingdoms. 6 I was wroth with my people, I have polluted mine inheritance, and given them into thine hand: thou didst shew them no mercy; upon the ancient hast thou very heavily laid thy yoke. 7 And thou saidst, I shall be a lady for ever: [so] that thou didst not lay these [things] to thy heart, neither didst remember the latter end of it. 8 Therefore hear now this, [thou that art] given to pleasures, that dwellest carelessly, that sayest in thine heart, I [am], and none else beside me; I shall not sit [as] a widow, neither shall I know the loss of children: 9 But these two [things] shall come to thee in a moment in one day, the loss of children, and widowhood: they shall come upon thee in their perfection for the multitude of thy sorceries, [and] for the great abundance of thine enchantments.

Revelation 18:7 KJV
How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

Did pharisees turn into catholics? catholics have a killed Relationship with GOD ...just like the old Mother.

Upvote 0

Reborn-Adopted

Dec 28, 2022
West PA
✟38,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They don't think there will be a Final Judgment for Gentiles.
What Fear of GOD can you have thinking you won't be Judged?
can you be a Preterist and Not a calvinist at the same time?

i do wonder what they think this is about:

"It’s been an age-old trope in works of literature, poetry, and art for ages, but now science confirms it’s true: Life does indeed flash before your eyes when you die.

When an 87-year-old epilepsy patient unexpectedly passed away during a brain scan, the scan found that his brain seemed to replay memories in the 30 seconds before and after his heart stopped beating, according to a recent study published in Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience."

"The EEG brain scan found an oscillatory brain wave pattern in which activity in the brain’s alpha, beta, and theta bands relatively decreased and activity in the gamma band relatively increased. It’s thought that these oscillatory patterns, and an increase in gamma waves, suggest memory recall (the gamma band decreases external interference, allowing for deep inward concentration like recalling memories). Similar brain oscillations occur during meditation and dreaming."

from: Science Confirms That Life Flashes Before the Eyes Upon Death

Upvote 0

Reborn-Adopted

Dec 28, 2022
West PA
✟38,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Was JESUS Telling them they would be under Mosaic Law until they Became Christian?

Preterist's usual Favorite Verse:
Matthew 5:18 KJV — For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Matthew 24:35 KJV — Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Jeremiah 51:48 KJV — Then the heaven and the earth, and all that is therein, shall sing for Babylon: for the spoilers shall come unto her from the north, saith the LORD.

Matthew 16:19 KJV — And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matthew 18:18 KJV — Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matthew 24:30 KJV — And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Mark 13:27 KJV — And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

Ezekiel 38:20 KJV — So that the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground.

Luke 21:26 KJV — Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

[Luke 21:28 KJV] And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Psalm 17:15
As for me, I will see Your face in righteousness;
I shall be satisfied when I awake in Your likeness.

Galatians 6:8-9 KJV — For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

JESUS Came in The Clouds and Reigned:

Hosea 10:12 KJV — Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the LORD, till he come and rain righteousness upon you.

Upvote 0

Reborn-Adopted

Dec 28, 2022
West PA
✟38,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
[Romans 8:18 KJV] For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
[Romans 8:23 KJV] And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

When JESUS Said no stone would be left unturned ...He was Saying Mosaic Law was Ending. 70 A.D. was just Physical things that didn't Matter Compared to The Spiritual Born Again Temple. That's why 70 A.D. barely gets Mentioned in Revelation 11. Preterists demand Heaven and Earth passing away be the Physical Temple falling ...but It isn't That ...The Mosaic Age Ended. Adoption became available.

Psalm 127:1
Unless the Lord builds the house they labor in vain.

GOD didn't want That Physical Building anyways:

Acts 7:47-50 KJV — But Solomon built him an house. Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet, Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest? Hath not my hand made all these things?

Upvote 0

3 Resurrections

That's 666 YEARS, folks
Aug 21, 2021
Taylors
✟84,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Preterists want to say there was no Covenant between The Cross and 70 A.D. ...

Preterists think Rev Happened in 3.5 Years.

Preterists need them to ...to claim The NT was Written to Jews.

Preterists need Rev Written to Jews in Asia minor ...which wasn't Israel. They need to pretend there is a difference between Jew and Gentile ...

only the seed of the serpent says the tree of knowledge is already in the lake of fire ...when there is a sea of people using it right now. That's what Preterists are saying for Rev 20 to already be over.

The Books were not Written before 70 A.D. as far as any Evidence shows. Preterists demand all Books of The Bible were Written to other people than themselves. As if The HOLY SPIRIT didn't Write It for all Christians. they are saying nothing applies to them so they don't have to Obey anything.

Preterists want the mother of harlots (babylon) to be Israel throughout Revelation because they want This Book to be a warning to literal Jews of 70 A.D.

Preterists demand Heaven and Earth passing away be the Physical Temple falling ..
I'm losing count of the number of misconceptions you have listed above regarding Preterist teaching. I'm not sure where you have encountered these ideas above, but many of them I have never heard presented before by any variety of Preterist. You are all over the place, and it's a bit difficult to follow your theme. Why not try a bit of condensing - it would make it easier to track your train of thought.

Upvote 0

Reborn-Adopted

Dec 28, 2022
West PA
✟38,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why does the Olivet Discourse Talk about an "abomination of desolation" in Matthew, but in Luke Say "Jerusalem compassed with armies"?

Matthew 24:15-16 KJV — When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand: ) Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

[Luke 21:20 KJV] And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

How was everyone in Judaea to see titus doing a sacrifice to roman gods ...after he already stormed The Temple?

i think JESUS was Saying we are The Temples ...yes 70 A.D. happened, but there is a double Meaning Here.

[Daniel 12:10 KJV] Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.
[11] And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
[12] Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

Upvote 0

3 Resurrections

That's 666 YEARS, folks
Aug 21, 2021
Taylors
✟84,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
How was everyone in Judaea to see titus doing a sacrifice to roman gods ...after he already stormed The Temple?
That's the wrong timing of Luke 21's "Jerusalem surrounded by armies", at which point those in Judea who heeded Christ's warning were to flee to avoid the "days of vengeance" horrors that followed. The timing of that particular abomination of desolation (aka, "Jerusalem surrounded by armies") was in AD 66 when Cestius Gallus came with the Roman legion against the Zealot armies in Jerusalem. At that time, the believers had a couple brief days of opportunity to get out of Jerusalem before the Zealot armies who had gone out chasing down Gallus' troops returned in victory to Jerusalem and barred the gates against anyone leaving the city. The Zealot armies then proceeded for 42 months to waste Jerusalem and torment its citizens with their competing Zealot leaders each vying for a Messiah leadership role in Jerusalem.

• Agree
Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Reborn-Adopted

Dec 28, 2022
West PA
✟38,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The timing of that particular abomination of desolation (aka, "Jerusalem surrounded by armies") was in AD 66 when Cestius Gallus came with the Roman legion against the Zealot armies in Jerusalem.

Oh, i see, you can label whatever you want an abomination to GOD.

Upvote 0

3 Resurrections

That's 666 YEARS, folks
Aug 21, 2021
Taylors
✟84,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Oh, i see, you can label whatever you want an abomination to GOD.
Of course not - I rely on how Christ defined it by quoting Daniel. Luke by inspiration interpreted Daniel's "abomination of desolation" as being "Jerusalem surrounded by armies". That's not my choice of words, but Christ's and Luke's.

Scripture lists many things that were considered an "abomination" to God, but that particular phrase "abomination of desolation" as used by Daniel was for armies to come surround Jerusalem. That's it. No more and no less than that. This happened under Antiochus once, and it would happen again in AD 66 with Cestius Gallus's Roman army squared off against the Zealot armies.

• Agree
Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

Reborn-Adopted

Dec 28, 2022
West PA
✟38,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Of course not - I rely on how Christ defined it by quoting Daniel. Luke by inspiration interpreted Daniel's "abomination of desolation" as being "Jerusalem surrounded by armies". That's not my choice of words, but Christ's and Luke's.

Scripture lists many things that were considered an "abomination" to God, but that particular phrase "abomination of desolation" as used by Daniel was for armies to come surround Jerusalem. That's it. No more and no less than that. This happened under Antiochus once, and it would happen again in AD 66 with Cestius Gallus's Roman army squared off against the Zealot armies.

[John 14:18 RSV] "I will not leave you desolate; I will come to you.
[John 14:19 RSV] Yet a little while, and the world will see me no more, but you will see me; because I live, you will live also.

Their "House" was not a literal, physical, building:

[Matthew 23:37 KJV] O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
[Matthew 23:38 KJV] Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

[Amos 9:8 KJV] Behold, the eyes of the Lord GOD are upon the sinful kingdom, and I will destroy it from off the face of the earth; saving that I will not utterly destroy the house of Jacob, saith the LORD.
[Amos 9:9 KJV] For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth.

Upvote 0

Reborn-Adopted

Dec 28, 2022
West PA
✟38,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Preterists usually love to say JESUS Fulfilled the Last Feast Day in 70 A.D. Preterists need Feast Days to Matter after The Cross, because they need Jews without CHRIST to matter Then also. They don't have anything if The Entire Book of Revelation isn't about 3.5 Years to 70 A.D.

GOD was Giving them hints of New Jerusalem.

i read that JESUS Said this at The Feast of Tabernacles:

[John 7:37-8 KJV] In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
[8] He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Again ...we are The Temples of GOD:

[Ezekiel 47:1 KJV] Afterward he brought me again unto the door of the house; and, behold, waters issued out from under the threshold of the house eastward: for the forefront of the house stood toward the east, and the waters came down from under from the right side of the house, at the south side of the altar.

"the Israelites would dwell in booths or tabernacles that were made from the branches of trees (Leviticus 23:40–42)."

What do you think being Born from Heaven is? GOD Dwells in our Born Again Temples.

"The Feast of Tabernacles begins and ends with a special Sabbath day of rest. During the days of the feast all native Israelites were “to dwell in booths”"

Sabbath is REST from the race to become Adopted.

Psalm 17:15
As for me, I will see Your face in righteousness;
I shall be satisfied when I awake in Your likeness.

[John 6:38 KJV] For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

[John 3:13 KJV] And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

[1 Corinthians 15:47-49 KJV] The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
[48] As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
[49] And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

Upvote 0

Reborn-Adopted

Dec 28, 2022
West PA
✟38,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Preterists explain away the beast and false prophet with this nonsense:

"In Rev. 11 the 2 witnesses are High Priests IN THE TEMPLE. The Temple had not yet been destroyed and the Old Covenant Law of Moses had not yet passed away. After the 2 High Priests were killed an illegitimate High priest/false prophet was put into office by the zealot “Captain of the Temple.” This beast, the man of lawlessness, turned the holy Temple into a war making base and his rebel followers were blood thirsty murderers of their own countrymen. Josephus credits him for starting the War that brought their desolation. Scripture describes his violent , rebellious actions but doesn’t name him. Josephus does."

They say look up "War of the Jews 2-17-2" as evidence ...okay, let's do that:

This is part of it:

"At the same time Eleazar, the son of Ananias the high-priest, a very bold youth, who was at that time governor of the temple, persuaded those that officiated in the divine service to receive no gift or sacrifice for any foreigner."

Does that sound like the beast and false prophet of Revelation to you?

Preterist response: "you don’t understand that discontinuing those daily sacrifices led to the Revolt? The Captain of the Temple Ananias declared WAR against the Romans. Josephus said so..read further."

Preterist response: "the Levitical priests were to receive sacrifices of foreigners to keep peace. The Zealot Captain of the Temple violated God’s command , abused his authority over the Levitical priests and THIS abomination led to the DESOLATION of 1 million Jews, the Temple, and all her authority. You need a better understanding of the Law of Moses if you intend to have any understanding of Jesus’ fulfillment of every jot and tittle of the Law!"

lol at denying romans sacrifice being an abomination.

Preterist response: "God warned from the beginning that the rebellion within His kingdom on earth would be crushed. Gen. 3:15
The Levite’s were to offer up PEACE offerings and Eleazar REFUSED to allow the Levitical priests to do as they were commanded. They knew it was an abomination. Josephus, a Jew knew it."

oh, so Levites had to have peace with romans and hand them Atonement while not being Saved at all? Where is that Scripture?

Preterist: "Levite’s were to DO every jot and tittle of the law. Have you never read God’s commands regarding foreigners???"

Foreigners were welcome to become Jews ...not free hand outs of Atonement.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ed Parenteau

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
San Bernardino, CA
✟441,004.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Preterists usually love to say JESUS Fulfilled the Last Feast Day in 70 A.D. Preterists need Feast Days to Matter after The Cross, because they need Jews without CHRIST to matter Then also. They don't have anything if The Entire Book of Revelation isn't about 3.5 Years to 70 A.D.
First of all, I only need what the bible clearly says.
Read again the following and explain their meaning according to you.
Matthew 5:17Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them. 18For I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Are you claiming that the heavens and earth passed away at the cross? If He didn't come to fulfill the feast days, tell us why He was sacrificed on the Passover, why Judas was purged during the feast of unleavened bread, and why the Holy Spirit was poured out at Pentecost(feast of weeks)?

Jude says the faith was once and for all delivered to the saints. Is the Revelation of Jesus Christ a part of the faith?
Jude:3Beloved, using all diligence to write to you concerning our common salvation, I had necessity to write to you, exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith having been delivered once for all to the saints.

Looks like Peter was preaching "the revelation of Jesus Christ"
1 Peter 1:13Therefore having girded up the loins of your mind, being sober-minded, set your hope fully upon the grace being brought to you in the revelation of Jesus Christ,
And Paul also.
1 Corinthians1: 7so as for you not to be lacking in any gift as you eagerly await the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ,

Who led them to be "eagerly waiting" for something you claim didn't happen? They got their understandings from Paul.

What happened to the 7 churches of the revelation and the promises and warnings given to them?
Here's a promise Jesus gives to the church at Thyatira:24But I say to the rest of you in Thyatira, who do not hold to her teaching and have not learned the so-called deep things of Satan: I will place no further burden upon you. 25Nevertheless, hold fast to what you have until I come.

Upvote 0

Reborn-Adopted

Dec 28, 2022
West PA
✟38,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Preterists want the number of the beast to be nero because he was before 70 A.D. ...but The NT is in Greek ...the number of a man should be in Greek also ...titus.

Greek form of Titus written on Caesarean coins = τειταν = τ (300) ε (5) ι (10) τ (300) α (1) ν (50) = 666

it's all about rome ...the worldly ...owning you.

the mark is ownership, those in the false church are owned by satan because they refuse to Fully Repent ...they refuse His Blood by refusing to get on their own Cross because His Blood is what Made It Possible for us to Deny ourselves until physical death.

cain let sin in The Door ...you did also ...the beast still owns you if you don't have The Door Closed to future sins. if you have access to an Altar, then you have excuses to continue to cause death ...you don't have Eternal LIFE.

Genesis 4:7
If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

Upvote 0

3 Resurrections

That's 666 YEARS, folks
Aug 21, 2021
Taylors
✟84,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Preterists want the number of the beast to be nero because he was before 70 A.D. ...but The NT is in Greek ...the number of a man should be in Greek also ...titus.

it's all about rome ...the worldly ...owning you.

the mark is ownership, those in the false church are owned by satan because they refuse to Fully Repent ...they refuse His Blood by refusing to get on their own Cross because His Blood is what Made It Possible for us to Deny ourselves until physical death.

cain let sin in The Door ...you did also ...the beast still owns you if you don't have The Door Closed to future sins. if you have access to an Altar, then you have excuses to continue to cause death ...you don't have Eternal LIFE.

Genesis 4:7
If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.
The gematria method is NOT the way John intended this 666 number to be interpreted. Most Preterists get this wrong. The 666 amount was supposed to represent the number of years that Sea Beast had existed up until the time John was writing Revelation. Anyone with a lick of sense in those days could have calculated backward in time those 666 years and arrived at 607 BC when King Nebuchadnezzar of the Babylonian empire had first deported Jerusalem's nobility to Babylon. This started the humiliating period of exile for them, which any Jew who knew anything at all about their history would never have forgotten.

We know the Sea Beast was as old as the Babylonian empire because that Sea Beast was described in Revelation 13:2 as having features from all of the former pagan world empires mentioned by Daniel: the leopard (Greek empire), the bear (Medo-Persian empire), and the lion (Babylonian empire).

This 666 number was called "the number of a MAN" because Daniel's image was a STATUE of a MAN which incorporated all those pagan world empires who were going to control the nation of Israel over time. This lasted up to the final Roman phase of the Sea Beast which was in power in John's days of writing Revelation (with Nero in power at the time).

Reactions: David Kent
Upvote 0

Reborn-Adopted

Dec 28, 2022
West PA
✟38,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The gematria method is NOT the way John intended this 666 number to be interpreted. Most Preterists get this wrong. The 666 amount was supposed to represent the number of years that Sea Beast had existed up until the time John was writing Revelation. Anyone with a lick of sense in those days could have calculated backward in time those 666 years and arrived at 607 BC when King Nebuchadnezzar of the Babylonian empire had first deported Jerusalem's nobility to Babylon. This started the humiliating period of exile for them, which any Jew who knew anything at all about their history would never have forgotten.

We know the Sea Beast was as old as the Babylonian empire because that Sea Beast was described in Revelation 13:2 as having features from all of the former pagan world empires mentioned by Daniel: the leopard (Greek empire), the bear (Medo-Persian empire), and the lion (Babylonian empire).

This 666 number was called "the number of a MAN" because Daniel's image was a STATUE of a MAN which incorporated all those pagan world empires who were going to control the nation of Israel over time. This lasted up to the final Roman phase of the Sea Beast which was in power in John's days of writing Revelation (with Nero in power at the time).

the statue of a man was an image of the beast that was smote by The Rock Formed without hands.

"The Babylonian King Nebuchadnezzar laid Siege to Judah by 597 BC."

Rev 13:2 is After Chapter 11 ...when 70 A.D. happened. i already explained this in the first post:

Revelation 11:3 KJV — And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

[Revelation 11:15 KJV] And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

[1 Corinthians 15:24 KJV] Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

The Mosaic Judgment:
[Revelation 11:18 KJV] And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

[Revelation 11:19 KJV] And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

Upvote 0

Reborn-Adopted

Dec 28, 2022
West PA
✟38,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are you pretending catholics are not in Rev? the sea in the multitudes of people ...society. the beast from the land is people that know of CHRIST but mess everything up anyways. the false prophet has two horns like a LAMB ...suggesting it is an empire pretending to be the Body of CHRIST.
roman empire is the beast ....byzantine empire is the false prophet. Prophetic beasts in Daniel were empires ...so are the prophetic beasts of Rev.

[Revelation 17:15 KJV] And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the harlot sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

[Revelation 13:11 KJV] And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

Upvote 0