Preterism and the -1P Program... OR - The beginning of Sorrows...

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
by doing grammatical-historical method interpretation. It is first of all very similar to Mt 10, his 70 missionaries. Huge clue. He is speaking to his own disciples who did not get a lot of love from "Israel." Huge clue. It is about or in answer to the circumstances of the decimation of their temple. Huge clue. It has several 1st century Judean details: the temple, the desert cults, the Sabbath patrols, the end of the 490 years of Daniel.

Good night, get rested and study hard tomorrow.

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

by doing grammatical-historical method interpretation. It is first of all very similar to Mt 10, his 70 missionaries. Huge clue. He is speaking to his own disciples who did not get a lot of love from "Israel." Huge clue. It is about or in answer to the circumstances of the decimation of their temple. Huge clue. It has several 1st century Judean details: the temple, the desert cults, the Sabbath patrols, the end of the 490 years of Daniel.

Good night, get rested and study hard tomorrow.

Great... how about TODAY though..

ANY possible truth in it concerning what's happening with the make believe Israel in the midst of its enemies that everyone swears is going to wipe them off the face of the earth..

There's just NO POSSIBLE way that it could be about that..

I understand..

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

yes, the Islamic fanatics should knock it off. But isn't it interesting that the God wants Israel to be in his mission, which has nothing to do with the land, and modern Israel has entrenched to fight for its land and knows nothing of God's mission of justification through Christ?

It has much to do with that land..

Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

And yes I agree.. the greatest cowards of the world should knock it off.. but they won't..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The people he was speaking to was his beleivers/disciples, not the state of Israel. Cp. Mt 10--the missionaries.
Daniel 9

Seventy weeks[a] are determined
For your people and for your holy city,
To finish the transgression,
To make an end of sins,
To make reconciliation for iniquity,
To bring in everlasting righteousness,
To seal up vision and prophecy,
And to anoint the Most Holy.

When was the vision and prophecy sealed up?
But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book until the time of the end; many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase

When was the iniquity of his holy city reconciled? When Jesus died? They didn't all accept Him, so the iniquity of Jerusalem wasn't reconciled. Jerusalem was destroyed.

Matthew 23:37-39
37 “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! 38 See! Your house is left to you desolate; 39 for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’

Acts 2
Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, “Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?” 7 And He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority.

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Messy, you're going several directions at once.

the 6 accomplishments of Messiah in Dan 9 are historic and occurred on time, in the 490 years.

It included being rejected by Israel; it was not a surprise. Reconciliation of the debt of sin does not mean Israel stops sinning. It is the gift of the Gospel for all who believe due to the death of Christ.

Upvote 0

7sForDays

Irregular Member
Apr 23, 2014
✟1,035.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Daniel 9

Seventy weeks[a] are determined
For your people and for your holy city,
To finish the transgression,
To make an end of sins,
To make reconciliation for iniquity,
To bring in everlasting righteousness,
To seal up vision and prophecy,
And to anoint the Most Holy.

When was the vision and prophecy sealed up?
But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book until the time of the end; many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase

When was the iniquity of his holy city reconciled? When Jesus died? They didn't all accept Him, so the iniquity of Jerusalem wasn't reconciled. Jerusalem was destroyed.

Matthew 23:37-39
37 “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! 38 See! Your house is left to you desolate; 39 for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’

Acts 2
Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, “Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?” 7 And He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority.

How do you equate sealing the "vision and prophecy" to sealing the "book"?

Gabriel told Daniel that after the 70 weeks (490 years) the vision and prophecy would be sealed.

According to you, Daniel sealed the prophecy and the vision before the prophecy even began.

doesnt make any sense.

Upvote 0