Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
”A statement” out of tens of thousands of them. Would that any of us could claim such a good record...and she corrected her error in that case!
The problem isn't just one lie.

Once someone is known to be a flagrant liar, nothing they ever say can be trusted to be true. Here is an excellent example of this concept. The other day, Trump pulled a folded piece of paper out of his pocket and claimed that it contained a 'secret' agreement with Mexico. The Mexican official said there is no 'secret' agreement in existence. The presumption across the land is going to be that the Mexican official is the telling the truth -because- our president is renowned for his frequent and compulsive lying.

When a press secretary repeats and defends those lies he/she becomes a liar also. Then the press secretary shares the same lack of trust the President enjoys.

There are times in which, for such things like national security, lying becomes necessary. But those necessary lies become useless if the messenger is known to lie all the time. One HAS to have a reputation for generally telling the truth before a necessary lie is believed.

Sadly, America is in that situation with the current president. I, and many many others, no longer even care what he says because we KNOW that he is lying. And that is a very dangerous situation for a nation like America which has the economic, political and military power America has.

And Sanders did nothing to bring truth and honesty back to America's reputation. Defending a notorious liar does not change the lies into truth.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The problem isn't just one lie.

Once someone is known to be a flagrant liar, nothing they ever say can be trusted to be true.

Since we appear to have moved away from the subject of this thread--Sarah Sanders--I am wondering if that ^ assessment might apply to anyone else--the Democratic candidates for president, for example. Or is it merely one of the catch phrases produced by the DNC for use against President Trump (in the great tradition of "Culture of Corruption" and "Millionaires and Billionaires")?

One of these other folks could be the next president, its true, not just his or her press secretary.

But I haven't been hearing anything on that front.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Since we appear to have moved away from the subject of this thread--Sarah Sanders--I am wondering if that ^ assessment might apply to anyone else--the Democratic candidates for president, for example. Or is it merely one of the catch phrases produced by the DNC for use against President Trump (in the great tradition of "Culture of Corruption" and "Millionaires and Billionaires")?

One of these other folks could be the next president, its true, not just his or her press secretary.

But I haven't been hearing anything on that front.
Maybe you just aren't paying attention. I've seen the fact checking sites reporting on the accuracy or lack thereof of the Democratic candidates.

Political figures have a long history of stretching the truth and even out-right lies. None, Republican or Democrat, that I'm aware of have lied in the manner that Trump does. It appears to be compulsive with Trump. He will lie when the truth is the better thing to say.

In that sense, he is his own worst enemy.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Very well. I was hoping for a serious exchange.

Oh. You thought I was going to try and explain why Democrats were somehow exempt? That is your fantasy.

The fact checking sites do their work on both sides of the aisle. It isn't their fault that Trump's lies far out number anyone else's. That responsibility is his. He can stop lying anytime he wants.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
”A statement” out of tens of thousands of them. Would that any of us could claim such a good record...and she corrected her error in that case!
When did she correct that statement? If she had Mueller wouldn't have needed to ask her if it was true or not.

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,224,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
MOD HAT ON
Ratings in this thread have been cleaned up.
NO Goading. This includes images, cartoons, smileys or post ratings which are clearly meant to goad.
Ratings are not intended to denigrate or mock a post that is not intended to be humorous.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟141,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Maybe you just aren't paying attention. I've seen the fact checking sites reporting on the accuracy or lack thereof of the Democratic candidates.

Political figures have a long history of stretching the truth and even out-right lies. None, Republican or Democrat, that I'm aware of have lied in the manner that Trump does. It appears to be compulsive with Trump. He will lie when the truth is the better thing to say.

In that sense, he is his own worst enemy.

I do not believe that you understand the nature of Trump’s “Truth du jour”.

From his perspective everything that emanates from his mouth is pure, golden, truth, simply because that’s what he believes in the moment.

Woe be it unto Christianity if such a person (not well grounded in the faith), can grasp the “faith as a mustard seed” and can actually make things happen simply because “he believes them to happen”.

Of course from outside he sounds as if he’s crazy or lying.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟294,951.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I can't say that I'm sorry to see her leave, but in all fairness, she delivered Trump's lies with as great enthusiasm as Trump does.

Which is why its odd that she would get fired by him.

Maybe she is being fired because she can't deliver his lies with enough enthusiasm to improve his polling in the swing states?

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟904,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Press Secretary Sarah Sanders to Leave the White House

Since they no longer hold press briefings, she has no one to lie to, just negating her position. The saddest part is watching the hypocritical people that talk about freedom, but wholeheartedly support the government not informing the public. But much like talk of morality, it is yet another thing we no longer have to bother hearing complaints about from conservatives.

But we were told it would be the most transparent government ever...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Maybe she is being fired because she can't deliver his lies with enough enthusiasm to improve his polling in the swing states?
I don't think she is being fired, this was her decision. I don't blame her, it's got to be a stressful job.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
I don't think she is being fired, this was her decision. I don't blame her, it's got to be a stressful job.
Maybe she got religion or something.....

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟141,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

I’d be willing to give her the benefit of the doubt and say that she probably did lie a lot less than Trump wanted her to lie!

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟141,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
There was a passing announcement in January that she’d be leaving this summer, I think I recall.

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
According to the Mueller Report she was not always accurate and said things in anger.
I fully expect to see her running for a position in the state government and even the presidency in a few years.
Maybe after Mueller's report. She realized how low she's sunk . Everyone should have notices she wasn't being truthful.

Upvote 0