• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Presidential Debates

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by JohnDB, Sep 29, 2020.

1. JohnDB

JohnDB Regular Member

+739
    Christian
    Married
    Anyone going to watch these tonight?

Anyone know the internet channel they are going to be on?

Any predictions on how it's going to turn out?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Archivist

Archivist Senior Veteran Supporter

+5,504
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Republican
    Debate will start at 9:00 ET tonight. It will air live on all major broadcast channels (ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, PBS) as well as C-Span, CNN, MSNBC, Fox Business, Fox News. I don't know about the internet.

I prefer to not predict how it will turn out. We will know tonight.

3. Tiberius Lee

Tiberius Lee Well-Known Member

+1,096
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    All I want to know what drug President talking about that enhance human intellectual capacity .. I want some

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+8,416
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    A lot will depend on Chris Wallace keeping Trump in line.

If he starts lumbering around like Hulk Hogan he needs to be told to stay put or they will cuff him to the podium.

He wants to focus on Hunter Biden. With all the relevant questions being asked, how will he introduce a dead issue without going off topic?

Personally I hate interruptions from either side. Both sides get rebuttal time. Let me hear what each one says.

Trump has his own personal lie detector. If it's facts, he's bored, sounds like he's reading the phone book. He is only animated by his alternative facts.

5. Andrewn

Andrewn Well-Known Member CF Ambassadors Supporter

+1,406
    Canada
    Anglican
    Married
    We hired an entertainer in 2016 and he will fulfill his duties to the last day, including tonight.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. Paulos23

Paulos23 Never tell me the odds!

+2,657
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others
    I don't think it will matter, unless one of them really messes up.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  7. Desk trauma

Desk trauma Atheist Capitalist Supporter

+7,709
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    A dual pidgin chess match. Both birds knock over pieces at random, befoul the board with excrement and fly home to declare victory to an adoring flock.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. 98cwitr

98cwitr Lord forgive me Staff Member Red Team - Moderator Supporter

+2,174
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Man, I got the popcorn and butter all ready to go....I'm sure it'll be livestreamed on youtube.

9. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+6,553
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Cringeworthy and worthless. (Is that oxymoronic?)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+26,934
    Anglican
    Married
    I would think so. And for anyone who cares, there is a third party debate also taking place. It is only on YouTube, I think. It starts at "6 pm Mountain Standard Time" which is 4 pm Eastern, isn't it?

I don't know which candidates of which parties have agreed to show up for it, however. It won't include Jo Jorgensen of the Libertarian Party since she is intending to be in Cleveland where the Trump-Biden debate will be taking place.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  11. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+26,934
    Anglican
    Married
    My bad!! The third party debate is set for October 8. :sorry:

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  12. Basil the Great

Basil the Great Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,414
    Christian
    Private
    US-Green
    Biden seems to have put in much debate preparation, but the President not so much, We will see if that makes much difference.

13. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+26,934
    Anglican
    Married
    True. As concerns Biden, his people are able to prop him up for the length of time needed and prep him on what to say. He could well come across respectably, although Trump is likely to confront him more directly than the other Democrats did during the debates of the Primary Election season in which Biden participated.

14. dogs4thewin

dogs4thewin dog lover CF Ambassadors Supporter

+4,520
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Mom said the same thing ( Except that she plans to watch it on TV.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  15. jayem

jayem Naturalist

+4,947
    Atheist
    Married
    If a candidate really crashes and burns, he may lose some votes. And a candidate who takes off like a rocket may gain some. But I suspect most people have made up their minds which way they’ll vote. And the debates won’t make much difference.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+9,889
    Atheist
    Private
    "Sniff", "sniff", "sniff".
    Donald J Trump from the 2016 debate.

17. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+9,889
    Atheist
    Private
    This would be a mistake, because it gives Biden an easy answer to bring up the allegations that Donald was illegally paying his kids to evade tax laws.

18. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+9,889
    Atheist
    Private
    Polling shows there are basically zero undecided voters. The debates aren't going to sway anyone. Motivate turn-out, on the other hand, is a possibility ... but a debate this far out doesn't really seem likely to do much there either.

19. JohnDB

JohnDB Regular Member

+739
    Christian
    Married
    Actually the undecided middle is what will be persuaded.

The base may be energized but the undecided middle is what wins elections...

You hear all these polls about how this one is leading the other candidate by some margin and error percentage of -+ 5...
    But what you aren't hearing is undecided voters. And until the debates is when most people decide that are undecided.

20. Sparagmos

Sparagmos Well-Known Member

+4,646
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I’ll be watching! I just want to know if all of the people predicting that Biden would back out are feeling nervous or wondering if they e been duped by Russian bots again.

I’m also wondering how these two old guys are going to be alert that late!