loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
President Trump: ‘We must strive together to exemplify the teachings of Christ’
In a Christmas Day message at the White House, President Donald Trump, with Melania at his side, called on Americans to come together. Citing Christ’s teachings, he said “while the challenges that face our country are great, the bonds that unite us as Americans are much stronger.”

“Together, we must strive to foster a culture of deeper understanding and respect — traits that exemplify the teachings of Christ.”
and then, a little over 12 hours later he demonstrated what he meant:
Trump slams Pelosi and impeachment in a flurry of Christmas tweets
“Why should Crazy Nancy Pelosi, just because she has a slight majority in the House, be allowed to Impeach the President of the United States?” Trump said in a two-part tweet sent late Wednesday, ahead of a flurry of angry tweets Thursday morning.
I'm not sure? But I don't think that's how you "foster a culture of deeper understanding and respect". :scratch:
tulc(is just sayn') :sorry:

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

I'm not sure? But I don't think that's how you "foster a culture of deeper understanding and respect". :scratch:

I would think it difficult to "foster a culture of deeper understanding and respect" with someone who said a couple months ago,"I don't want to see him impeached, I want to see him in jail."

No trial, no collect $200, straight to jail.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would think it difficult to "foster a culture of deeper understanding and respect" with someone who said a couple months ago,"I don't want to see him impeached, I want to see him in jail."

No trial, no collect $200, straight to jail.
Ahhh! As I suspected, he's not supposed to "foster a culture of deeper understanding and respect" other people are supposed to do that to him? :scratch:
tulc(kind of thought that's what was meant) :sorry:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
He's just posting online at all hours to lambaste his political opponents. We have...certain...ahem..people in this forum who do the same [cough] thing. I won't name any tulc names.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He's just posting online at all hours to lambaste his political opponents.
Ahhh! So...we're only supposed to foster in the morning, but that night we go back to name calling and whining? Do you happen to know when that time change happens? Say, noonish? Or after 2:00? I just want to make a note so I know when it's okay for him to start again. :)

We have...certain...ahem..people in this forum who do the same [cough] thing. I won't name any tulc names.
LOL!
what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg
:D
tulc(thanks nonaeroterraqueous for an excuse to use this meme he likes!) ;)

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
tulc can read between the lines with uncommon insight.
Well...in my defense I DO drink a lot of coffee...so the lines may vibrate a little but I can see between them quite well.
tulc(is, oddly enough drinking coffee right now) :coffee:

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dark roast, and I do most of roasting one day a week for the coffee we use in the coffee shop we have that helps support the homeless shelter my community runs. To be fair, it's not as impressive as it sounds, I roast the beans (that we buy from a grower we work with in Peru) using a computer program and a recipe. It's a lot of fun/work! and at the end of the day, I go home smelling like fresh roasted coffee. ;)
tulc(does love the smell of fresh roasted coffee) :coffee:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

"You will know them by their fruits" (Matthew 7:16).

It's obvious that Donald Trump only invokes Christ's teachings because he knows it tickles the ears of his devout Christian voting base. It's obvious (by his vindictiveness and maliciousness) that he doesn't genuinely believe anything he spouts about Christ's teachings or else it would be demonstrated by the fruit he bears in his life. However, he doesn't bear good fruit in his personal life. He bears the fruit of hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, and factions. It is as clear as day that he bears the works of the flesh (Galatians 5:19-21) in his life. He certainly doesn't bear the Fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control).

Jesus said, "Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks (Matthew 12:34). It is clear to see what is in Trump's heart because of all the maliciousness he spews out of his mouth. He viciously slanders anyone who opposes him, he disparages anyone he hates, he cruelly mocks people, he takes God's name in vain, he uses profanity to express his anger and displeasure, he bears false witness, and he's notoriously known for his lying tongue and deceitfulness. He perpetually lies and cheats.

He is a very cunning and deceitful man, so he knows what melody to play to get people to follow him and he plays other people like a fiddle. He uses and manipulates people to his personal advantage. If he genuinely believed in Jesus Christ and believed the teachings of Christ, then it would demonstrated in his words and in his behavior. However, it isn't. He only speaks Christianese and puts on an act like that because he knows that it will entice his devout Christian supporters and keep them all appeased.

"You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of. A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him." (Matthew 12:34-35)

"No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit. Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. People do not pick figs from thornbushes, or grapes from briers. A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of." (Luke 6:43-45)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
  • Haha
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
"You will know them by their fruits" (Matthew 7:16).

It's obvious that Donald Trump only invokes Christ's teachings because he knows it tickles the ears of his devout Christian voting base. It's obvious (by his vindictiveness and maliciousness) that he doesn't genuinely believe anything he spouts about Christ's teachings or else it would be demonstrated by the fruit he bears in his life. However, he doesn't bear good fruit in his personal life. He bears the fruit of hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, and factions. It is as clear as day that he bears the works of the flesh (Galatians 5:19-21) in his life. He certainly doesn't bear the Fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control).

Jesus said, "Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks (Matthew 12:34). It is clear to see what is in Trump's heart because of all the maliciousness he spews out of his mouth. He viciously slanders anyone who opposes him, he disparages anyone he hates, he cruelly mocks people, he takes God's name in vain, he uses profanity to express his anger and displeasure, he bears false witness, and he's notoriously known for his lying tongue and deceitfulness. He perpetually lies and cheats.

He is a very cunning and deceitful man, so he knows what melody to play to get people to follow him and he plays other people like a fiddle. He uses and manipulates people to his personal advantage. If he genuinely believed in Jesus Christ and believed the teachings of Christ, then it would demonstrated in his words and in his behavior. However, it isn't. He only speaks Christianese and puts on an act like that because he knows that it will entice his devout Christian supporters and keep them all appeased.

"You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of. A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him." (Matthew 12:34-35)

"No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit. Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. People do not pick figs from thornbushes, or grapes from briers. A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of." (Luke 6:43-45)
You're 100% correct.

What is most troubling though is not Trump himself but rather the reaction of the professed Christians who allow him to tickle their ears with the occasional "right words" while ignoring all his words and behaviors that contradict it. They are either extremely ignorant about Trump's self-contradictions or extremely disingenuous about their Christian values. I don't know which it is - maybe some combination of both - but either way it's terrible.

• Agree
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Dark roast, and I do most of roasting one day a week for the coffee we use in the coffee shop we have that helps support the homeless shelter my community runs. To be fair, it's not as impressive as it sounds, I roast the beans (that we buy from a grower we work with in Peru) using a computer program and a recipe. It's a lot of fun/work! and at the end of the day, I go home smelling like fresh roasted coffee. ;)
tulc(does love the smell of fresh roasted coffee) :coffee:

I’m going to sidestep the whole thread topic and just say that sounds like fun. I love the smell of freshly roasted beans in a shop. Way back before Starbucks was around, I went to a little coffee shop in Colorado when visiting sister. That was my first exposure to someone actually roasting beans. Can still remember the visual/smell of that place.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ahhh! As I suspected, he's not supposed to "foster a culture of deeper understanding and respect" other people are supposed to do that to him? :scratch:
tulc(kind of thought that's what was meant) :sorry:

Bingo.

Upvote 0