President Trump tweets Catholic author’s warning that ‘there is a war against Christianity’

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
With his tweet, the President appears to endorse the view that our current tumults come from an undermining of the Christian roots of American society.

July 3, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) – On July 2, only hours after Dr. Taylor Marshall had given an interview to the U.S. cable network One America News (OAN) about the current crisis in America, President Donald Trump sent out a tweet highlighting the Catholic author’s warning. “Dr. Taylor Marshall, author. 'There Is A War On Christianity'. @OANN,” Trump tweeted. Marshall had pointed out that the current attacks on symbols and statues are finally not only about a presidential candidate, but about attacking our Christian civilization.

With his tweet, the President of the United States appears to endorse Dr. Marshall's viewpoint that what is finally at stake in our current tulmults is a full undermining of the roots of American society, Christianity.

Continued below.
President Trump tweets Catholic author’s warning that ‘there is a war against Christianity’

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm pretty sure someone pointed this part out to President Trump:
This Catholic author, who runs his own Youtube channel, also endorsed President Trump for re-election when he told Posobiec that even though Trump is trailing in the polls, “I think people are realizing that 'I don't want to live in an America that is chaotic. I want the rule of law.’” Marshall holds that the U.S. can cherish what is good in its country and history, while purging evils, such as abortion, as it has done in the past in cases such as with slavery. “As a nation,” he explained, “we have been able to – often through blood – repent and to change our ways.” (emph. added)
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out)

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm pretty sure someone pointed this part out to President Trump:

tulc(just thought that should be pointed out)
I saw it too. ( I looked it up). There are times in life where you just feel used.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟423,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I saw it too. ( I looked it up). There are times in life where you just feel used.

Marshall especially, he was used pretty bad by the SSPX earlier this year leading up to Easter.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟423,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
From what I've seen of him, Marshall seems like a genuine Orthodox Catholic.

I would agree, he gets a lot of criticism from anyone to the left of Benedict XVI because of his book (which in a lot of ways was echoed by Archbishop Vigano in his June 9th letter). Marshall can be a bit presumptuous at times, but I think recent events might have toned him down a bit. He's definitely passionate about the Catholicism that has always been vs. the Catholicism that's risen in the past 50 years or so.

Upvote 0