Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
His repentance is to God not us. None of us should repent to anyone but God. We will never be in the know for anyone elses repentance.
Nor should we judge another for it.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
[STAFF EDITED DELETED QUOTE]

Irrelevant to the OP, which relates to NOW or, as God refers to it, "Today".

"Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts" (Hebrews 4)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Winner
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0
Aug 1, 2010
✟55,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I really dont know what to think. Its possible he is growing in his walk with God. I was quite a mess and still am, i know if i was in a position of power i may have made decisions that negatively affected the people under me

At the end of the day its not my place to judge. I do pray he is sincere and if hes doing it for deceptive reasons, i pray his heart softens to the Lord. I dont root against anyone. We are all made in the image of God and i wish well for everybody

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Ronita

Dec 7, 2020
Sydney
✟3,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
upload_2020-12-11_10-34-7.png

• Haha
Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ronita

Dec 7, 2020
Sydney
✟3,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
[STAFF EDITED DELETED QUOTE]

Irrelevant to the OP, which relates to NOW or, as God refers to it, "Today".

"Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts" (Hebrews 4)
How is it irrelevant to the OP when TRUMP is the subject and there is proof that Trump is not a Christian but merely using Christianity and Christians for his personal gain?

Is there a problem about sharing facts?

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Another similar video just came up in my YT feed and I was surprised to see it. Shame the Mainstream news doesn't promote this.

Here's the transcript:

To every family across our nation, the First Lady and I would want to wish you all a very, very ,Merry Christmas ,

For Christians this is a joyous time to remember the God's greatest gift to the world.

More than 2000 years ago the angel Gabriel appeared to Mary, he said, 'do not be afraid you have found favor with God'...

The angel told her that she would give birth to a baby boy, Jesus, who would be called the son of the most High.

Nine months later Christ was born in the town in Bethlehem, the son of God came into the world in a humble stable. As Christians everywhere know the birth of OUR LORD and SAVIOR changed history forever. At Christmas we give thanks to God and that God sent his only son to die for us and to offer everlasting peace to all humanity.

More than 2 millennia after the birth of Jesus Christ, his teachings continue to inspire and uplift, billions and billions of people all over the globe. His divine words still fills our hearts with hope and faith and Christians everywhere still strive to live by Jesus' timeless commandment; to his disciples:, Love One Another.

This year our nation and the world have battled a once in a century pandemic, we have witnessed Christs spirit of selflessness and compassion throughout our land and we have seen Gods mercy and grace and the goodness of our fellow citizens; brave doctors, nurses and first responders have courageously risked their lives to save others. Workers have labored around the clock to produce and deliver lifesaving supplies and critical aid. Faith communities have rallied to care for those in need and Americans across our nation have made profound sacrifices for their neighbors and for people all over the world.

At this special time of year we also express our gratitude for the many blessings we enjoy as Americans. Our hearts and prayers are with the brave members of law enforcement, who keep our community safe; and we remember all the heroes of the United States military, especially those who are spending this holiday far from home. We send our love to each and every one of them, they are very, very special people.

Above all during this sacred season our souls are full of thanks and praise for Almighty God for sending us Christ his son, to redeem the world. Tonight we ask that God will continue to bless this nation and we pray that he will grant every American family a Christmas season full of Joy, Hope and Peace.

On behalf of Melania and the entire Trump family, Merry Christmas to all and best wishes for a very, very great and Happy New Year.

I can't ever recall a President making a Christmas speech like this ever, can you?

Upvote 0

Eilat

Dec 17, 2020
Netanya
✟4,286.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What makes you think this?

Well, what we can see is that He Publicly Endorsed Jesus.

The Trump haters will revile it, and the Hopeful will appreciate it.

At least he didnt mispronounce the PSALMS....as the PALMS, which is what Biden did a few times in a speech he gave late in 2020.

• Agree
Reactions: Lulav
Upvote 0

John Helpher

John 3:16
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2020
Houston
✟85,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Well, what we can see is that He Publicly Endorsed Jesus.

"This people honor me with their lips, but their heart is far from me" (Matthew 15:8). We need to look at more than just public pronouncements about Jesus. This applies to any person, including Biden. There's a a lot of partisan, irrational discernment going on. Trump's problems are pointed out regularly, and this gives the impression that the problems of Biden (or whomever happens to be the political opponent at the time) gets a free pass.

That should not be the case with Christians. It's not a matter of Trump vs Biden. It's a matter of judging each of them based on the standards Jesus set out for all his followers. I cannot see that Biden is a follower of Jesus; his actions don't line up with the teachings of Jesus, but certainly neither does Trump's.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Eilat

Dec 17, 2020
Netanya
✟4,286.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"This people honor me with their lips, but their heart is far from me" (Matthew 15:8). We need to look at more than just public pronouncements about Jesus.

Just compare Trump to Obama, and you'll see a vast difference.
Trump is "Pro" Israel.. and proclaimed that Jerusalem is the "capital"...and moved the embassy.
He did this, while the last 30 yrs of USA Presidents, had this option once a year, and chose to not do it, because they were AFRAID of "political fallout", worldwide.

Trump does not suggest that there are many ways to God, as Obama teaches.
Trump just put out this Pro-Jesus video you saw, and that will last a lifetime...it is now a historical document.

So, lets say that Trump is just playing a political gain game with Evangelicals..
Even if that is true, he is still the most powerful person on the Earth, as that is the USA Presidency, and the world has watched Him speak of Jesus, as a Christian would speak of Jesus, for the last 4 yrs.
So, that is Impact, no matter what his purpose for doing it is actually all about.
I don't know his heart, but i know his deeds, and those deeds are always pro-Israel and pro-Christian, within that context....without fail.
No other USA President, in the last 50 yrs has been so Pro-Christian and Pro-Israel, in deeds........not even Reagan or Bush #1 or #2.

Upvote 0

John Helpher

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2020
Houston
✟85,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Just compare Trump to Obama, and you'll see a vast difference.

These kinds of comparisons don't help because both these examples are flawed; neither of them acts as a disciple of Christ. Jesus should be the one we compare each of these men to.

Trump is "Pro" Israel.. and proclaimed that Jerusalem is the "capital"...and moved the embassy.
He did this, while the last 30 yrs of USA Presidents, had this option once a year, and chose to not do it, because they were AFRAID of "political fallout", worldwide.

I do not believe he is pro Israel. Rather, he understands that a large proportion of his supporters are. A careful examination of Trump's choices shows that his character is transactional; that means he only acts if/when he believes there is some benefit for himself or his business. This Israel thing is a political tool which he manipulates for popularity.

But besides that, why should Christians care about Israel in this way? Jesus finished all that on the cross. He fulfilled the OT by bringing in a new standard. There is no more temple worship; at Jesus' death the veil in the Holy of Holies was torn in two by God himself. The followers of Christ are his temple now. Those who choose to follow Jesus are spiritual Israel. Jesus said a time would come when his people would not worship in any special location, including the temple or the land surrounding it, but rather that God was looking for sincere people who worship him in spirit. By pandering to physical Israel Trump is actually working against Jesus' message.

So, lets say that Trump is just playing a political gain game with Evangelicals..
Even if that is true, he is still the most powerful person on the Earth, as that is the USA Presidency, and the world has watched Him speak of Jesus, as a Christian would speak of Jesus, for the last 4 yrs.

There could be some truth to this. Paul suggested that even if pretenders preach Christ out of contention, at least Christ is being preached, buuuut, that was a case where the pretenders were deliberately trying to ridicule Christianity. Trump is trying to give the impression that he is a genuine follower of Jesus, and yet his actions are very contrary to what Jesus taught.

In other words, all he's really doing is giving Christianity a bad name. He's giving people a reason to believe that Christianity really is just another political game that people play to manipulate one another. Because we are all imperfect, we all end up doing this to some degree. People can point to our inevitable mistakes and use them to criticize Christianity in general, but it is precisely because of Trump's powerful, high profile position that it is all the more egregious and damaging when he does it.

The leaders will be held to a higher standard because of their leadership position, e.g. "to whom much is given, more shall be required". It is clear from Trump's demeanor and choices that he enjoys the power he wields, often coming across as a kind of mafia boss who deserves respect, but Jesus taught that true greatness comes from service to others.

I do not see service in Trump's behavior. I see a man who enjoys wielding power. He even said as much in a public interview; when he was asked about dozens of important positions which he had not yet filled with competent people, he shrugged this off by bragging that he was the only one who mattered. This is not consistent with what Jesus taught.

Upvote 0

Eilat

Dec 17, 2020
Netanya
✟4,286.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These kinds of comparisons don't help because both these examples are flawed; neither of them acts as a disciple of Christ. Jesus should be the one we compare each of these men to.
I do not believe he is pro Israel. Rather, he understands that a large proportion of his supporters are. A careful examination of Trump's choices shows that his character is transactional; that means he only acts if/when he believes there is some benefit for himself or his business. This Israel thing is a political tool which he manipulates for popularity.But besides that, why should Christians care about Israel in this way? Jesus finished all that on the cross. He fulfilled the OT by bringing in a new standard. There is no more temple worship; at Jesus' death the veil in the Holy of Holies was torn in two by God himself. The followers of Christ are his temple now. Those who choose to follow Jesus are spiritual Israel. Jesus said a time would come when his people would not worship in any special location, including the temple or the land surrounding it, but rather that God was looking for sincere people who worship him in spirit. By pandering to physical Israel Trump is actually working against Jesus' message.
There could be some truth to this. Paul suggested that even if pretenders preach Christ out of contention, at least Christ is being preached, buuuut, that was a case where the pretenders were deliberately trying to ridicule Christianity. Trump is trying to give the impression that he is a genuine follower of Jesus, and yet his actions are very contrary to what Jesus taught.
In other words, all he's really doing is giving Christianity a bad name. He's giving people a reason to believe that Christianity really is just another political game that people play to manipulate one another. Because we are all imperfect, we all end up doing this to some degree. People can point to our inevitable mistakes and use them to criticize Christianity in general, but it is precisely because of Trump's powerful, high profile position that it is all the more egregious and damaging when he does it.
The leaders will be held to a higher standard because of their leadership position, e.g. "to whom much is given, more shall be required". It is clear from Trump's demeanor and choices that he enjoys the power he wields, often coming across as a kind of mafia boss who deserves respect, but Jesus taught that true greatness comes from service to others.
I do not see service in Trump's behavior. I see a man who enjoys wielding power. He even said as much in a public interview; when he was asked about dozens of important positions which he had not yet filled with competent people, he shrugged this off by bragging that he was the only one who mattered. This is not consistent with what Jesus taught.

Most of your Thread was your "sense" of Trump.
Well, what i can't do, is know his Heart, and neither can you, and neither can CNN or MSNBC.

I can tell you this, regarding the fact that you didnt want me to compare the current President with a former........ Trump wont be giving Iran 1.5 Billion in Cash, as his last executive order in office.
Obama did.

So, is Trump the hollowed saint that you need him to be?
Is Biden?
Is Trump the Florence Nightingale of Republicans?
No, Hes just someone who understands what is wrong with the USA, and stepped up to the plate and swung for the fences to try to push back against all that is wrong.
Trump is a flawed human being, John, while he's actually in the White House trying to curb the darkness that has engulfed His Country.

And regarding Israel,
If you were a student of History, you'd note that every "Major" country that has turned out the Jew, and harmed the Jew, fell from "world power".
So, believers need to love Israel, as there is a blessing there ,or a curse there..
If Biden ends up as the head of the USA, followed quickly by Kamala, then He/She will try to elevate the Palestinian, and devalue the Israeli. If they do that, then they'll hit the fist of God with their face, and so will all leaders and all countries that turn on Israel, or that hate the Jews.

Currently, we are in the "time of the Gentiles", and this is going to end and God will again take up His dealing with that Jew.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

John Helpher

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2020
Houston
✟85,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Well, what i can't do, is know his Heart

But, we can. "From the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" (Matthew 12:34) and the same holds true for our actions, "You will know them by their fruits" (Matthew 7:16).

This is sometimes referred to as discernment.

I can tell you this, regarding the fact that you didnt want me to compare the current President with a former........

This is inaccurate. It' snot that I don't want you comparing one person to another, but rather that doing so, in this context, misses the point. The context is whether or not his character is consistent with what it means to be Christian. In that case, it makes more sense to compare each individual to the ultimate Christian, the one who decides what it means to be Christian in the first place; Jesus.

So, is Trump the hollowed saint that you need him to be?

This is an example of why it's problematic to compare one person to another; I'm not the boss. It's not about what I want or need. To me, this really does look like a side-step. What does Jesus expect from Trump's behavior? I think, if you were to make that comparison, you would see that Trump is not even trying to obey Jesus, despite his political speech about Jesus.

It is a shame to the discernment of Christians everywhere when we allow ourselves to be tricked by flowery speech and political agendas disguised as service to God.

Trump is a flawed human being, John, while he's actually in the White House trying to curb the darkness that has engulfed His Country.

It really does sound like you're using imperfection as an excuse to justify sin, i.e. since none of us is perfect there's no point in either commenting on wrong behavior or trying to change it. I don't think that is consistent with what Jesus taught. He said, "Rebuke a brother who sins and forgive him who repents" (Luke 17:3). Trump is on record making it very clear that he does not believe he has anything to repent of.

The Kingdom of Heaven will not come through political shenanigans and supporting "necessary evils".

Upvote 0

Eilat

Dec 17, 2020
Netanya
✟4,286.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But, we can. "From the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" (Matthew 12:34) and the same holds true for our actions, "You will know them by their fruits" (Matthew 7:16).

That is not really discernment you are offering. That is just quoting verses laced with your opinion.

John....Here is discernment 101 that i would teach you if you were in my class.

So, let me do it here, and you get it for free.

"The devil comes as an angel of LIGHT< and >his ministers < : AS = the ministers of Righteousness'.

So, #1..
The Devil has read the bible more then you have, and he knows the verses that talk about "fruit", "bearing fruit", "dead faith"...." and "out of their mouths".....and this one.."we shall know them by their fruit".
The devil knows all these verses, John.
Believe it.

So, Paul wrote to you, so that you could learn about discernment,, what im teaching you right now...

"the devil comes (to you, to the church), as an ANGEL of LIGHT..... (counterfeiting Jesus who is the Light), and his Ministers, are the ministers of Righteousness". Which means, they show up in positions, pretending to be real Christians.
So, that is how you DISCERN.
And when do not know this, John, you will think that everyone who can speak christianeze, and who carries a bible, or who is a Mod on a forum, or a Pope in a Vatican, or a Seminary Head....are REAL Believers.

See, you dont yet understand that the DEVIL and the DEVIL's PEOPLE....fake fruit.
They fake spirituality. They fake LIGHT. They fake CHRISTIANITY.
Many are faking it on every Christian forum, and in every Christian church.....
That is the "devils ministers", pretending to be of the Light. That is the devil's children pretending to be saved.
They will give you all the fruit you need to hear, and see.
Understand?
Its FAKE.
So, that is Discernment.
That is how you discern your verses, John.
You have to rightly divide them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0