Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This week President Donald Trump went to Jerusalem and prayed at a wall made up of stones stacked one upon another.

Mat 24:1  Then Jesus went out and departed from the temple, and His disciples came up to show Him the buildings of the temple. 
Mat 24:2  And Jesus said to them, "Do you not see all these things? Assuredly, I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not be thrown down." 

Was Jesus wrong about not one stone being left stacked one upon another or is the wall now known as "The Wailing Wall", not what many claim it to be?

During 73 AD the Jewish leader at Masada said the only thing left in Jerusalem was that built by the Romans.

The Jewish Historian Josephus stated that the Romans had built a fort beside of the Jewish temple and the two were connected by a bridge. This fort named "Fort Antonia" was used to house the thousands of Roman soldiers needed to police the city of Jerusalem during the time of Christ.

The remains of other Roman forts discovered in other nations are about the same size and shape as the area now known as "The Temple Mount".

Eli Shukron is one of the most famous and well respected Israeli Archeologists of our time. Several years ago he rediscovered the Pool of Siloam. Eli and his team dug underground at the bottom layer of the stones in "The Wailing Wall" and found a Roman coin dated 20 AD, underneath the bottom layer of stones. Therefore the wall had to have been built after 20 AD and could not be a part of Herod's temple.

The recent book "Temple" by Robert Cornuke reveals the details of these facts.

Check the link below for evidence that the area now known as "The Temple Mount" is actually the remains of Fort Antonia.

The Temple Mount and Fort Antonia

Last edited:

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The temple was not the entire temple complex.. The temple was a Building within the temple complex.. The walls called today the wailing wall was never a part of the temple in Jerusalem..

Nor was it part of the Temple Complex, but a later added Roman Fortress nearby.

• Agree
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder how long until someone will try to tie Trump to Daniel 11:38

the King of the North and South has been fulfilled, source :
Daniel 11 - Prophecy Fulfilled! - Here a little, there a little - Prophecy
Kindly check the extensive studies.

Most Christian try to insert a huge chronological gap in the prophecy here, making the rest of it apply to end time type Antichrist.

Antichrist shall be killed at the Battle of Armageddon by Jesus Himself thus debunks your theory.

Upvote 0

VARZR

Apr 16, 2017
Virginia
✟20,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I was making a joke. I don't think Trump is the antichrist or the king of the north. But many people continually grasp at straws trying to tie Trump to latter days prophecy. Apparently that went right over the heads of some.

The king of the north in the latter parts of the chapter IS the antichrist. At least Jesus says that he is.
Matthew 24:15

Yes parts of the chapter are unfolding over the course of history but it isn't completely fulfilled.

Also please note that the chapter breaks were added over a thousand years after the book was written and are not inspired. Chapter 11 and 12 are continuous.

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Nor was it part of the Temple Complex, but a later added Roman Fortress nearby.

I do not believe that is so.. This wall is very old.. Built to support the temple complex.. The prophecy of Jesus regarding the temple was fulfilled in 70 AD when the Romans burnt it and ripped it apart to get access to the gold that had melted in the fire and became stuck in between the stones of the walls.. So to retrieve that gold they tore down the temple building to get the cold that has seeped in between the stones of the wall..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do not believe that is so.. This wall is very old..

It is very old.
But it is not older than 20AD, and it would have to be,
to have been built to support the temple complex built 500 years earlier, as you believe.
Coin discovery sheds new light on sacred Jerusalem site

The prophecy of Jesus regarding the temple was fulfilled in 70 AD when the Romans burnt it and ripped it apart to get access to the gold that had melted in the fire and became stuck in between the stones of the walls.. So to retrieve that gold they tore down the temple building to get the cold that has seeped in between the stones of the wall..

This part is correct.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Traveling teacher

May 2, 2017
Belton
✟31,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes i have been to Jerusalem to see the wall....
you can walk underneath and they will show you how the romans tried to chip away at huge 35 foot foundational stones and were unsuccessful....
you can also walk under Solomons quary where they think these stones were used on the Temple mount...

Also the hill of the skull(where Jesus died) was also a rock quary used for building the walls of Jerusalem or the temple mount I believe in Solomons day.....
Interesting place to go if you ever travel...........

Upvote 0