✟1,422,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pew Research poll conducted Jan 8-12:

Donald Trump is leaving the White House with the lowest job approval of his presidency (29%) and increasingly negative ratings for his post-election conduct.

Trump voters, in particular, have grown more critical of their candidate’s post-election conduct. The share of his supporters who describe his conduct as poor has doubled over the past two months, from 10% to 20%.

The new survey by Pew Research Center, conducted Jan. 8-12 among 5,360 U.S. adults, including 4,040 who say they voted in the presidential election, finds that a sizable majority of Americans do not want Trump to remain a major political figure after he leaves office. About two-thirds (68%) say Trump should not continue to be a major national political figure for many years to come; just 29% say he should remain a major figure in U.S. politics.

Biden Viewed Positively, Trump More Negatively After Capitol Riot

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,029.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married

Donald Trump is leaving the White House with the lowest job approval of his presidency (29%) and increasingly negative ratings for his post-election conduct.

Trump voters, in particular, have grown more critical of their candidate’s post-election conduct. The share of his supporters who describe his conduct as poor has doubled over the past two months, from 10% to 20%.

The new survey by Pew Research Center, conducted Jan. 8-12 among 5,360 U.S. adults, including 4,040 who say they voted in the presidential election, finds that a sizable majority of Americans do not want Trump to remain a major political figure after he leaves office. About two-thirds (68%) say Trump should not continue to be a major national political figure for many years to come; just 29% say he should remain a major figure in U.S. politics.

Yeah, but if you throw out everyone who thinks he’s doing a bad job, his approval is 100%...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Maybe it depends on which pollster is asking or how, exactly, the issue is put to the person being asked. Another well-regarded poll just reported that his approval rating now stands at just over 51% and some others put it in the high 40s.
He only received 46.9% of the popular vote. I think it’s safe to say the president has at most that much support nationally, probably quite a bit less realistically.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe it depends on which pollster is asking or how, exactly, the issue is put to the person being asked. Another well-regarded poll just reported that his approval rating now stands at just over 51% and some others put it in the high 40s.

...and maybe you will provide the source of this poll and timeframe?

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Pew question: How would you rate _________ since the presidential election on Nov 3? [poll taken January 8-12, 2021

upload_2021-1-17_18-17-42.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
True and Americans tend to have a short memory.
The only poll that mattered was the one conducted on Nov 3rd and we’re all well aware of what the results were on that day. I can only see how his numbers have only gotten worse since then.

Upvote 0

GraceBro

Eternally Forgiven, Alive, and Secure.
Dec 24, 2017
Central Coast
Visit site
✟102,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

He received the most votes of an incumbent in history. Included in that is the receipt of the most Black votes of any Republican president since 1960. His approval rating is not 29%. Like most people, I have never seen a pollster. Polls can say whatever you want them to say.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
He received the most votes of an incumbent in history. Included in that is the receipt of the most Black votes of any Republican president since 1960. His approval rating is not 29%. Like most people, I have never seen a pollster. Polls can say whatever you want them to say.

We also had more eligible voters than any previous election. You should look at percentage of votes rather than raw vote total. By raw vote total Howie Hawkins got more votes in 2020 than John Quincy Adams and Andrew Jackson had combined in 1824. Jo Jorgensen in 2020 had 35 fewer votes than Abraham Lincoln received in 1860.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
He received the most votes of an incumbent in history. Included in that is the receipt of the most Black votes of any Republican president since 1960.
Keep in mind, that was before the riot, and before he spent two months crying like a spoiled brat about his loss. That might've soured some opinions.

His approval rating is not 29%.
What I've found funny over the past few years is how some people on the politcal spectrum are selective about polls. Trump and his supporters will gleefully shove a poll in your face when it says something that makes Trump look good, but then say they don't trust polls when they say bad things - and often, it's about the same polls they championed before.

Polls weren't all that unreliable when certain people on this forum were talking about fraud and showing what percentage of Americans believed the election was rigged, but hey, here's a poll that shows Trump is unmitigated failure, BIAS!

Make up your minds. Polls are either useful sources of information or they can be easily manipulated to say whatever you like and should be ignored. You can't have both.

Like most people, I have never seen a pollster.

Most people haven't seen a pollster because there's a low chance of them even being in a poll. Most polls only include, say, thousands of people. There are over 300 million people in the US. The chance of your or anyone you know being included in a poll are quite small.

And even if that weren't true, the fact that you've never met a pollster doesn't mean a thing by itself. It's like saying that, because you've never met someone from Belgium, people from Belgium don't exist. It's a complete nonargument. I'm sure there are lots of people who fit into all sorts of categories that you've never met. And?

Heck, would you even know a pollster if you met one? I imagine not everyone you've met has told you their profession, are you sure none of them were pollsters?

Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
He is leaving .. that is good news for me.. don’t care what is his approval rating.

I couldn't agree more. I'm deeply relieved that we won't have to face four more years of him.

The only poll that mattered was the one conducted on Nov 3rd and we’re all well aware of what the results were on that day. I can only see how his numbers have only gotten worse since then.

Trump tried very hard to overturn the election results in his favor. I'm thankful he was unsuccessful.

Upvote 0

GraceBro

Eternally Forgiven, Alive, and Secure.
Dec 24, 2017
Central Coast
Visit site
✟102,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Keep in mind, that was before the riot, and before he spent two months crying like a spoiled brat about his loss. That might've soured some opinions.

What I've found funny over the past few years is how some people on the politcal spectrum are selective about polls. Trump and his supporters will gleefully shove a poll in your face when it says something that makes Trump look good, but then say they don't trust polls when they say bad things - and often, it's about the same polls they championed before.

Polls weren't all that unreliable when certain people on this forum were talking about fraud and showing what percentage of Americans believed the election was rigged, but hey, here's a poll that shows Trump is unmitigated failure, BIAS!

Make up your minds. Polls are either useful sources of information or they can be easily manipulated to say whatever you like and should be ignored. You can't have both.

Most people haven't seen a pollster because there's a low chance of them even being in a poll. Most polls only include, say, thousands of people. There are over 300 million people in the US. The chance of your or anyone you know being included in a poll are quite small.

And even if that weren't true, the fact that you've never met a pollster doesn't mean a thing by itself. It's like saying that, because you've never met someone from Belgium, people from Belgium don't exist. It's a complete nonargument. I'm sure there are lots of people who fit into all sorts of categories that you've never met. And?

Heck, would you even know a pollster if you met one? I imagine not everyone you've met has told you their profession, are you sure none of them were pollsters?
Before a riot or not is not going to change the percentage of supporters when there were over 70 million supporters. These polls take a snapshot of people. They don't interview all the voters. Everybody can find a poll to support what they believe. If we believed polls Hillary Clinton would have been the incumbent. But, whatever, what is done is done. Take care.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
He received the most votes of an incumbent in history.

True, and he still LOST by six million votes. Biggest looser ever.

Included in that is the receipt of the most Black votes of any Republican president since 1960.

That says more about the Republican Party than President Trump, also, it is incorrect.

No, Trump Didn’t Win ‘The Largest Share Of Non-White Voters Of Any Republican In 60 Years’

(And Forbes is RIGHT-Center)

His approval rating is not 29%. Like most people, I have never seen a pollster. Polls can say whatever you want them to say.

Also true, it is much lower than that.

Upvote 0