Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
So is that like a negative endorsement for people who don't like Trump? I lost track.
It could be. Recent one star reviews are appearing on Amazon under the book title. Not fair to the author, since the book isn't political.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,964.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
It could be. Recent one star reviews are appearing on Amazon under the book title. Not fair to the author, since the book isn't political.
I know, right?

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟987,884.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced

Looks like Trump's endorsement has turned into The Kiss of Death.

(Hands up if you believe that Trump has actually read the book)
(Better still - hands up if you believe that Trump is actually able to read books with big words in them)
OB

Upvote 0

Dawnhammer

Mar 5, 2017
Denmark
✟23,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
President Trump has endorsed this book on heaven by Dr. Robert Jeffress.

Even Trump thought that nobody would believe it he had actually read it so he didn’t include that lie in his tweet.
Remarkable.

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Dawnhammer

Mar 5, 2017
Denmark
✟23,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Also what The Bible tells about heaven could be scripted on back of a stamp so someone telling they have 10 truths and who you will see in heaven for only 9.99$ and hardcover 14.99$ plus you will see extra pet there when buying immediately makes them same snake oil salesmen we have seen fleecing gullible since dawn of history.

Since gullible crowd is what Trump goes for this endorsement totally predictable, 100% phony and Trump will never read the book or probably even remember it by next week.

You are free to self lie anything else to yourself to get that warm cuddly feeling but it will be as useful and long lasting as peeing your pants to stay warm.

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Also what The Bible tells about heaven could be scripted on back of a stamp so someone telling they have 10 truths and who you will see in heaven for only 9.99$ and hardcover 14.99$ plus you will see extra pet there when buying immediately makes them same snake oil salesmen we have seen fleecing gullible since dawn of history.

Since gullible crowd is what Trump goes for this endorsement totally predictable, 100% phony and Trump will never read the book or probably even remember it by next week.

You are free to self lie anything else to yourself to get that warm cuddly feeling but it will be as useful and long lasting as peeing your pants to stay warm.
The gullibility works both ways, I'm afraid.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
It really doesn’t. Snake oil salesman neither expects his product to do anything nor thinks his clients are rocket scientists either.
A book on heaven isn't snake oil, unless the author claims everyone ends up there, which in this case he doesn't.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Dawnhammer

Mar 5, 2017
Denmark
✟23,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A book on heaven isn't snake oil, unless the author claims everyone ends up there, which in this case he doesn't.

That’s your only requirement for a “validity” of religious fiction ? Pretty low standards.

At least you are never going to run out of books to read.

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
That’s your only requirement for a “validity” of religious fiction ? Pretty low standards.

At least you are never going to run out of books to read.
Fiction? What are your beliefs about the afterlife?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Whatever they are I wouldn’t sell them for 9.99$ and pretend I knew something I only had my faith to support.
I don't think that's he's in danger of getting rich from his book sales. Beyond this, faith is what largely supports most of our Christian beliefs and actions, including going to church.

Upvote 0